Where's Yusuke
Would you spend $144 for a DVD set?^
jarjar111 Wrote:Would you spend $144 for a DVD set?^
No way :p ! $144 is a lot of money. My exchange student program in Japan is going to cost me quite a bit and I'd like to get a car before then, too. I can't bring myself to spend that kind of cash when I can so easily just get it for free off the net. Even if I didn't need to get the above mentioned things, I still wouldn't spend it. You can have all the pretty boxes, special features, and free stuff you want but I say it's still a waste of cash when I can get it for free. I work hard for my money, and I'mnot just going to throw it away on something like that. As bad as it may sound, I'm not responsible for the anime industry and don't really give a crap how they're doing financially. If they all get sacked, I'll just watch my stuff in subs, which I pretty much primarily do anyway.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:And Blight, you were kinda harsh on the guy :p .

Not really. The 'r1 companies need to get their act together and stop ripping us off!" and the "I need to pay bills so can't buy anime" arguments don't work when the people are obviously spending money on HKs that could be used on r1s but they are cheap asses and want more for their money. Truth is you're a cheap ass and we all are if we buy HKs. No need to make excuses, just admit it, it is an HK forum after all. It will make the thread an hk vs r1 debate if you say stuff like that.
Hmmmm...
Is it just me or is it the R1 fanatics that are the ones to blow up first and get the Power Puff Girls panties in a wad.

But, I guess thats besides the point. You can call me cheap or whatever makes you "FEEL" superiour to people who download anime or bu HK's. The fact of the matter is... Im gonna keep doing what I do and you are going to keep doing what you do. Like I said before "I really dont care." Keep buying R1's if you can afford them. I cant(or maybe Im cheap) Im just going to buy HK's.

Thats my take on it.
Hope you have fun trying to find your manhood yelling at each other over the internet.
P.S. Sorry if this comes off pissed off, Im sick and had a bad day. Laters
Well said man!!^ I actually do all three of what you said, download, Buy R1s and bootlegs. :p
Me too, I download before they ever hit the states, buy HK perfect collections, and R1 on occasions(when it not a long series or Im just in love with the series).
Thanks for the prop bro. Keep on keepin on.
surfrider777 Wrote:You can call me cheap or whatever makes you "FEEL" superiour to people who download anime or bu HK's. The fact of the matter is... Im gonna keep doing what I do and you are going to keep doing what you do. Like I said before "I really dont care." Keep buying R1's if you can afford them. I cant(or maybe Im cheap) Im just going to buy HK's.

Who are you kidding? It's an HK forum where the people here buy HK's. There is no need to try and justify yourself buying HKs when we all do it. No need to make lame exuses for being cheap. If you were so poor you couldn't afford HK's. You can buy one R1 for the price of a 3 disc HK set but you don't because you want to buy as much as you can for as little as you can. That's being cheap. That's why I do it and that's pretty much why all of us here do it so get over it.
Im going to say this one last time, I buy HK's because I can get an entire series for the price of one maybe two R1's. Call me cheap what ever. But, truthfully I really CAN'T afford to buy entire series on R1's and probably wouldnt buy R1's if I can get it for a fraction of the price as an HK. And Im not going to buy just one R1 out of a series and only get 3 eps, not be able to finish the whole story.

Go ahead, you R1 guys are probably get your Spiderman Under-Roos in a freaking wade and call me cheap or what ever, Ive said it before and this is the last time, I dont care. I dont care if you buy HK's. I dont care if you buy R1's. And I dont care if you download off the internet. Do what ever floats your freaking boat. Im not mad if you do something different than me. Variety is the spice of life.

Im done.

Ps. Please dont post on this thread anymore because it has changed from what I intended it to be, a Yu Yu Hakusho HK release forum.
Thanks
1) Wtf are you freaking out for. You say for others to stop it but you're the only person in this thread that's freaked out. One thing you said kinda irks me though. Saying you CANT afford R1's. Wrong. You can't afford as many R1's as you'd like to, so you buy HKs. That's why we're all here.

2) You don't post a long off topic post then ask everyone else to stop. That's just stupid. If you want to stop the off topic chatter lead by example.
First off you dont know my money situation so dont tell me what I can and can not afford. You have no clue. Secondly I wasnt freaking out. Just stating what I feel, and if didnt pick up in the many times i posted I DONT CARE HOW YOU GET YOU ANIME.

I tell you another thing Im not going to let some anime fanboy, internet obsessed, dosent get any, wanna be man, dork to get pissed at me because I tell the truth. Trust me little boy you have no clue what it means to be a man. I can tell this beacuse you have like 2000 post on this forum. A fact you probably brag to your mommy ever night at the dinner table when she feeds you. Here is an impression, "Hey mom, Im up to 1,707 post on the message board, in two days Ill be over 2,000. Thanks for tucking me in to night and chasing the monsters out from under my bed." Give up, ITS Cidien. Oh, and before you post some semi-clever remark trying to burn me, remember, your a dork. I know it, you know and everyone who has had any contact with you knows it.

Oh, and Ive read some of your post and most of them mainly say check the faq or look at the review section. The person who posted that probably wanted other opions other than the ones in the review section.

And yall keep saying "This is an HK site we all do buy them." Then why are you getting pissed when people say they dont buy R1's. Kinda a double standard huh... Just a thought.

Now i was fine with everything here until this last post. Just wanted to know something about an HK release. The thread got of topic. Whatever. But people who go around the Internet and try to burn others on forums because they are major dorks in real life(no offence to those who use this forum for fun and info gathering), just piss me off. To those who are unsaticfied geeks and dorks and mamma's boys, grow up and learn to be nicer to other.

Sorry, about all the anger. I think Im better now. Bye
surfrider777 Wrote:First off you dont know my money situation so dont tell me what I can and can not afford. You have no clue.

I'm not even going to read all this crap. This was enough. If you can afford a friggin internet connection and computer, you can afford to buy dvds. Not as many as you'd like, but you can do it. You just want more for your dollar. Why am I even typing this, i've already tried being reasonable...

Repeat this line to yourself. I am sofa king we todd it.
Ok, I lied. I read the rest of it. It was actually pretty funny. I love people like him. People who go around and lose their temper that badly over something stupid like this (especially when we were never saying he should buy R1's which his limited intelligence hasn't grasped yet) and call others nerds and children are usually the kinda people nobody wants to be friends with in real life. If you freak out that badly on a forum over nothing I hope you have no children. Wouldn't want you to get arrested for child abuse.
Quote:by Cidien
I am sofa king we todd it

Quote:by Cidien
I hope you have no children. Wouldn't want you to get arrested for child abuse.

What did I say semi-clever.
surfrider777 Wrote:First off you dont know my money situation so dont tell me what I can and can not afford. You have no clue. Secondly I wasnt freaking out. Just stating what I feel, and if didnt pick up in the many times i posted I DONT CARE HOW YOU GET YOU ANIME.

I tell you another thing Im not going to let some anime fanboy, internet obsessed, dosent get any, wanna be man, dork to get pissed at me because I tell the truth. Trust me little boy you have no clue what it means to be a man. I can tell this beacuse you have like 2000 post on this forum. A fact you probably brag to your mommy ever night at the dinner table when she feeds you. Here is an impression, "Hey mom, Im up to 1,707 post on the message board, in two days Ill be over 2,000. Thanks for tucking me in to night and chasing the monsters out from under my bed." Give up, ITS Cidien. Oh, and before you post some semi-clever remark trying to burn me, remember, your a dork. I know it, you know and everyone who has had any contact with you knows it.

Oh, and Ive read some of your post and most of them mainly say check the faq or look at the review section. The person who posted that probably wanted other opions other than the ones in the review section.

And yall keep saying "This is an HK site we all do buy them." Then why are you getting pissed when people say they dont buy R1's. Kinda a double standard huh... Just a thought.

Now i was fine with everything here until this last post. Just wanted to know something about an HK release. The thread got of topic. Whatever. But people who go around the Internet and try to burn others on forums because they are major dorks in real life(no offence to those who use this forum for fun and info gathering), just piss me off. To those who are unsaticfied geeks and dorks and mamma's boys, grow up and learn to be nicer to other.

Sorry, about all the anger. I think Im better now. Bye
This is so gay...so gay it hurts to read it...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I get email updates to threads I have posted in, and saw some stupid bullshit about me being an arse or whatever, but decided it wasn?t worth trying to defend my statements against people to dumb to understand what I?m talking about, and look what became of it! Stupid motherfucker doesn?t know when to shut up, how NOT to make contradicting and hypocritical remarks, and attempts to tack ALL of the clichés found about people who talk on message boards on to one person offensively. You did my work for me surfrider.

What the stupidest part is, my original comment was simply a subtle push as a super fan of the series. I wasn?t telling you what to do, I wasn?t downing on you for buying HK?s, and I wasn?t saying you?re an idiot. But now I am, and you have helped me prove it.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe