Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Where's Yusuke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok I have the first there Perfect collection of Yu Yu Hakusho and I cant wit till the rest are ripped(I refuse to buy R1 till they get there act together and get better prices). Im hoping they will do as they have in the past. Releace two Perfects at a time. I dont know why they havent ripped them yet but I FRICKEN CANT WAIT. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Well if anyone has any info on this please post it. Thanks guys. Laters
surfrider777 Wrote:Ok I have the first there Perfect collection of Yu Yu Hakusho and I cant wit till the rest are ripped(I refuse to buy R1 till they get there act together and get better prices). Im hoping they will do as they have in the past. Releace two Perfects at a time. I dont know why they havent ripped them yet but I FRICKEN CANT WAIT. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I could be wrong, but last I checked at a Best Buy, the entire YYH colelction was only 10 more bucks than the HK set; maybe it was just the Best Buy near here though... I only know cause my friend was going to buy it & someone of the forum had pointed it out (I jsut contridicted myself, I'm sleepy..bye)
Hmmm.... Ill check into the Best Buy thing but if anyone else knows anything please let me know. Thanks
Which set are you talking about
The one by FX is on hiatus
The one by mac is up to volume 3 of the perfect collections
I would assume MAC will do a fourth set sometime soon as yu yu finnishes up the R1 this month.
As far as R1 sets go this is one case were getting the hk is a lot more fiscaly sound.
Even at box sets your talking 32 or 33 R1 dvds
Thats a lot of money even at discount prices
I didn't really read what he was looking for, but someone looked into the 3 sets of 3 dvds that were out & said taht the box set at Best buy was just about as cheap, er actually now that I've figured the prices I think the R1 box set (which I don't know what episodes were in it although I've seen it at Best buy myself) was between 10-20 more bucks, but including shipping into the HK order, that meant only about 4-14 more dollars.

The details in my memory of the subject are to very hazey as I didn't put them to stone, why would I I never planed on buying the series.
Yes, I was talking bout the HK Perfect Collections if i didnt state that earlier, Sorry Im kinda an idiotSmile. Well anyway, I hope MAC releases the others soon, I cant wait. Thanks
surfrider777 Wrote:(I refuse to buy R1 till they get there act together and get better prices).

BOOOOO!!! That is crap. I'm not going to start an HK vs. R1 thread so know one even think about it!!! However, Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite series of all time, so defend it's masterful English dub I must. It is only 240 for the first three boxed sets. The others will hopefully be out soon. Meaning about $400 for a 112 episode series in R1'. Considering how much some other series that are 25-50 episodes are, that is a damn good price, and very worth it for those who really wanted to support the series. That being said, I have FX 1-3 Perfect collectionsWink. But I bought them when I had little cash and later bought the boxed sets all at the same time once I had a good job. So if you really like it, you should later get the R1's; it is really worth it and no ?act? needs to be gotten together.
Blight Wrote:BOOOOO!!! That is crap. I'm not going to start an HK vs. R1 thread so know one even think about it!!! However, Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite series of all time, so defend it's masterful English dub I must. It is only 240 for the first three boxed sets. The others will hopefully be out soon. Meaning about $400 for a 112 episode series in R1'. Considering how much some other series that are 25-50 episodes are, that is a damn good price, and very worth it for those who really wanted to support the series. That being said, I have FX 1-3 Perfect collectionsWink. But I bought them when I had little cash and later bought the boxed sets all at the same time once I had a good job. So if you really like it, you should later get the R1's; it is really worth it and no ?act? needs to be gotten together.
then what the heck did I see at Best Buy for like 77 bucks it was a bundle pack of sorts, with like 6-7 dvds in it :S
surfrider777 Wrote:Ok I have the first there Perfect collection of Yu Yu Hakusho and I cant wit till the rest are ripped(I refuse to buy R1 till they get there act together and get better prices). Im hoping they will do as they have in the past. Releace two Perfects at a time. I dont know why they havent ripped them yet but I FRICKEN CANT WAIT. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ya you can buy the box sets at best buy for $60.... if you don't like those R1 prices there isn't very many R1's you're ever going to buy.

And the last yu yu dvd just released. It's a very long wait on netflix. =/
Batz Kage Wrote:then what the heck did I see at Best Buy for like 77 bucks it was a bundle pack of sorts, with like 6-7 dvds in it :S

That is exactly what you saw lol. The first Box set probably. eps 1-25 is on 7 DvD's, Dark Tournament Pt. 1 is on 6 DvD's, and Dark Tournament Pt. 2 is on 6 DvD's. You saw one of the parts for 77 bucks, meaning if you bought all there of the boxed sets, you would spend around 240 bucks (80x3). See. :}
I didnt mean to make this into a R1 versus HK thread. Heres the deal, I love anime but I have so much more I have to pay for ie bills, that I cant buy every R1 that comes out. Second, you will pay $18 to $20 for a R1 DVD and get 3-5 episodes when I can pay $25-$35 and get like 26 episodes and the quality for the most part is the same. I honestly believe that many of the American dubbing company could release R1 cheaper, or at least put more episodes per DVD. And last I understand that you have seen the Box set at Best Buy for $60 where you live, but i have not here and havent seen it on their site either. But it mostly comes down to that I just cant throw money into buying R1. You can BOO me all you want but its just the fact.
surfrider777 Wrote:I didnt mean to make this into a R1 versus HK thread. Heres the deal, I love anime but I have so much more I have to pay for ie bills, that I cant buy every R1 that comes out. Second, you will pay $18 to $20 for a R1 DVD and get 3-5 episodes when I can pay $25-$35 and get like 26 episodes and the quality for the most part is the same. I honestly believe that many of the American dubbing company could release R1 cheaper, or at least put more episodes per DVD. And last I understand that you have seen the Box set at Best Buy for $60 where you live, but i have not here and havent seen it on their site either. But it mostly comes down to that I just cant throw money into buying R1. You can BOO me all you want but its just the fact.

Way not to turn it into an HK vs. R1 thread by bring up the money issue. I was pretty tame by the way. I could have just been a jerk and went on a fan boy rant. But instead I said BUY THEM LATER!!! I understand the money issue; I fucking said I bought the perfect collections myself! Did you only read half of what I said, or did you just not comprehend the details? I do believe I wasted my effort, and I most definitely wasted my restraint and contemplations of the issue.
WOW, you take this stuff way too serious. Why are you getting pissed because I said I cant afford R1. I could care less if you buy R1 or HK, it just dosent matter. I did infact read your ENTIRE post. Whats the big deal if I buy HK and not R1. You know I just listed reasons why I buy HK and not R1, not downing you because you buy R1. So everyone, buy R1 or HK whatever makes you happy.
Ya Blight you took him way to fucking seriously, step away from the computer and get some fresh air. It helps..

:confused:
Blight Wrote:It is only 240 for the first three boxed sets. The others will hopefully be out soon. Meaning about $400 for a 112 episode series in R1'. Considering how much some other series that are 25-50 episodes are, that is a damn good price.
Precisely why I download all of my anime now. Sure, I could spend $400 and get a kick ass DVD set, but I figure my pretty much $5 home made sets are just as good for me :p .

And Blight, you were kinda harsh on the guy :p .
Pages: 1 2 3 4