Sad day in London
Oil prices are rising because OPEC decided to scare people saying oil may be scarce when it isn't. They're taking advantage of the war. That isn't Bushs doing...

Also, the U.S. hasn't taken any oil from them whatsoever. Not one drop. You can consider it an investment of the future but we havn't given ourselves any special deals or anything even though we could have if we wanted to.
Cidien Wrote:Oil prices are rising because OPEC decided to scare people saying oil may be scarce when it isn't. They're taking advantage of the war. That isn't Bushs doing...

Also, the U.S. hasn't taken any oil from them whatsoever. Not one drop. You can consider it an investment of the future but we havn't given ourselves any special deals or anything even though we could have if we wanted to.

Bush maybe not, but Cheney definitely is. He still gets paid by Hallliburton, a very large oil and construction company here in the states, TO BE VICE PRESIDENT! http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/2...5356.shtml )
Even though it doesn?t say, ?You are the vice president, you get X amount of money?, It is rather convenient for him. He still has stock options, he gets deferments of money, he is a rich old prick bastard, ect., ect., ect.

But none of us have gotten one damn bit of relief on gas prices for it. Is just investments for the future, for them to make money, and screw everyone else over. :mad: It might not be so bad, but other U.S. companies were rejected construction contract bids in favor of an ?emergency situation?, that handed it to Halliburton. An emergency situation they had been planning for a year and a half. Rolleyes

But I don?t want to mislead. The point should be noted that the money being made by Halliburton in Iraq are for CONSTRUCTION contracts. The food for oil program, which I know little about, is the only real oil business going on that I know about.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:I have to ask where you get your information. Do you make it up? Or are you one of the people that just thinks its cool to hate the war in Iraq but have no sense at all of the facts. We set up a democratic election a while back; we train their police forces to fight the terrorist of their own country. Do the exact same thing? God dude, please, please think before you speak.
Now that I can agree with. I will be perfectly happy so long as we don't pull out on them like last time. If we follow through, and truly fix them, than I believe this is for a good cause. Though I'm positive that's not why Bush went into Iraq, but still :p ...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Again, it's OPEC that determines how much they are selling the oil to us. Halliburton has nothng to do with it. They got the contract to help with the rebuilding in iraq. An investigation was launched because Cheney is connected to them but they didn't find any wrongdoing. Either way someone had to do it and they were probably the most prepared. Btw, OPEC is run completely by the arab oil community. So saying Bush or someone is driving up oil prices (I hear that damn near any time I bring up Iraq to a democrat in RL...) is just another example of someone who has no idea what they are talking about shooting their mouth and repeating the same crap coming out of politicians mouths. I personally have no idea how people like ted kennedy get re-elected. Yes, he can do a lot for their state because he's been there so long but I can't see many people that actually listen to the crap that comes out of his mouth voting for him.
My only comments to this are.. Don't talk for the troops if you are not one of them. I don't want to hear people say well the troops this or that.. the media will never show what the troops want or know..

and 2nd
Europe and the Food for Oil scandal.. O you are soo clean on that one so get off your high horse Europe.. You were helping saddam even after the sanctions.. and they are calling Bush / Cheney wanting money when they have no influence on it..
I can't talk for all the troops but I can talk for the troops in the local national guard unit back from Iraq that i've talked to.
wasn't commenting towards you Cidien,

The media does not show what is truely happening.. And how alot of people there are happy we are there.. some places were insurgents are mainly at are having a rough time. BUt Iraq itself is starting to do more and more missions by themselves and getting insurgents weeded out. we can only do so much but we gotta make sure that the Iraqi people themselves take it the rest of the way and we can not stop our support for them until they are 110% able to do it by themselves.. which they are starting to do.. But no the media won't show that because it don't sell.. it don't show the countless humanitarian missions that Soldiers do while they are deployed to help local citys and such out.. Nah because that doesn't rate well. Everyone rather likes to see the bad stuff not the good stuff.. and if you would like to see some "good" helping out from people that have taken pictuers i still have some laying around if you want the "true" truth of what is happening behind the scenes.
I'd love to see any pictures you have. I've seen quite a few posted in soldiers web blogs and such. Shows a drastically different picture of Iraq than the media shows.
Schultz Wrote:Europe and the Food for Oil scandal.. O you are soo clean on that one so get off your high horse Europe.. You were helping saddam even after the sanctions.. and they are calling Bush / Cheney wanting money when they have no influence on it..

I kinda wanted to say something like this myself, but was afraid I would go on a tirade and get myself hated for some crap I had to say about French involvement. And I would have followed up with a rant about why a lot of countries seem to be mad at us and didn?t want to go in to Iraq. They mad cause we invaded their market. Double dealers!!! :mad:
Schultz Wrote:Nah because that doesn't rate well. Everyone rather likes to see the bad stuff not the good stuff.. and if you would like to see some "good" helping out from people that have taken pictuers i still have some laying around if you want the "true" truth of what is happening behind the scenes.

Not me, because I know that it is a skewed view of how things really go, and I don't like being deceived. And if any of the comments I made seemed to pertain to the individual actions of soldiers, they were meant on to be a more large scale interpretation, like the military has done this or that. Not a comment on how things happened...

That just doesn?t sound like how I mean it. Hope you understand.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to speak for the soldiers either. If anyone can, it's you, Schultz, as you were actually there.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
I do agree that we have to stay in Iraq and get the job done but I think we should focus more so on Africa and on the infrasrtucture of the US itself. There are a lot of problems growing in this country that need resolutions. I just watched a movie I think the title was something like Girl in a cafe, well it was an English movie and it was about the G8 summits, it is a very strong movie and I recommend it. Why is it taking the US soo long to commit to the debt releif, do our leaders really think we should get something back, that is only going to create problems down the road.

We need to strongly focus on alternate fuels, like England I watched a discovery channel show a while ago about electric car development in Europe, we should follow suit.
geo85 Wrote:We need to strongly focus on alternate fuels, like England I watched a discovery channel show a while ago about electric car development in Europe, we should follow suit.

We already are.. in teh name of Hydrogen Fuel's. also with all the new electric cars coming out in the states.. Toyota's, Honda's, ther is a electric SUV now, also Ford has licensed electric technology from toyota to put it in future ford vehicles..

Also on hydrogen power there is more fueling stations in teh states then in europe so alot of companies are doing more testing for it in the states..
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/07/06/spark.car.reut/

Link to article about Honda doing it in states.

Also most people don't know but Bush has been majorly trying to push research for Hydrogen power and other powers to stop our dependance on oil and also at the same time to try and secure us oil so we can use it until the technology does become mainstream enough to replace it.. I know that isn't a juggling act i would want to be responsible of doing do you? Yet he is willing to try. at least try to look what the man is trying to do and not what hasn't worked out to how he wanted it fully..
er, my science teacher told us about a year or two back is was announced taht someone had built a car that worked COMPLETELY off of sea water; this was being shown on one of those future car shows; 2 minutes into the explination the program went off the air & was replaced by some otehr special, anyone know something about that?
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:er, my science teacher told us about a year or two back is was announced taht someone had built a car that worked COMPLETELY off of sea water; this was being shown on one of those future car shows; 2 minutes into the explination the program went off the air & was replaced by some otehr special, anyone know something about that?

Hmm, never heard of that, but I do know of a car (van actually) that ran on grease. They said it ran cleaner than most cars do, but I can't imagine it would smell that great.