Sad day in London
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I must say I share your worries Animeshop, I just hope people from other ethnicities don't end up suffering reprisals because of this like it happened all over the US.

I am ashamed of the things I still hear said about Muslims, even from my own family members. They don't see that it is radicals that pull this shit, and not the everyday worshipers. I remember hearing how in Texas a mob killed a guy in a turban, but he was another Indian religion, maybe Jainism, I can't remember exactly. But stupid, hate-filled jackasses then lash out at what ever they see! :mad: I HATE being around people like that! God I can't stand it!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, and it is probably worse now. Heck, it happened before 9/11 too. I'm just saying don't read too much into what the news (foreign or not) and tv shows say. They usually make it sound way worse than it is. Take for example the news always reporting kidnappings of kids and such. There aren't that many kidnappings happening - the news just decided to report on a ton of them and make it sound way worse than it actually is.

People will always be cruel to other people. All we can do is be as nice to our fellow human beings as we can. Minorities in any country whether they be white, black or arab are just the obvious choice for assholes to pick on.
Blight Wrote:I am ashamed of the things I still hear said about Muslims, even from my own family members. They don't see that it is radicals that pull this shit, and not the everyday worshipers. I remember hearing how in Texas a mob killed a guy in a turban, but he was another Indian religion, maybe Jainism, I can't remember exactly. But stupid, hate-filled jackasses then lash out at what ever they see! :mad: I HATE being around people like that! God I can't stand it!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aye. Those people deserve to catch a bullet in the face just as much as any al qaeda member. I don't see any difference between them and al qaeda. Both are ignorant bastards.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I'm glad this doesn't happen where you live Cidien but you can't say it's not happening or didn't happen elsewhere.

Yeah, cause they live here, in my town. I would like to beat them all till they understand what they do is wrong, but I can't fight a whole town. Just use my words to stand against their ignorance, which does no good since they are too stupid to understand my words at all.
Cidien Wrote:I'm not saying it doesn't happen, and it is probably worse now. Heck, it happened before 9/11 too. I'm just saying don't read too much into what the news (foreign or not) and tv shows say. They usually make it sound way worse than it is. Take for example the news always reporting kidnappings of kids and such. There aren't that many kidnappings happening - the news just decided to report on a ton of them and make it sound way worse than it actually is.

It's because of the media's bad habit of blowing everything out of proportion that I like to rely on statistics. Statistics don't lie, even if they don't attach a face to the drama.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
It makes you wonder what kind of parents these folks had growing up, not to know the difference between right from wrong , and to take an innocence's life - I dont think the people who did that believe in God or anything - If they believe their God blesses them for doing what they did, then their God must be Satan , cause the only place for them when they die is Hell !

My prayers are with the families of those killed and hurt.
puzzleguy Wrote:It makes you wonder what kind of parents these folks had growing up, not to know the difference between right from wrong , and to take an innocence's life - I dont think the people who did that believe in God or anything - If they believe their God blesses them for doing what they did, then their God must be Satan , cause the only place for them when they die is Hell !

Actually most these terrorists do believe in God and they think God is going to reward them in heaven for killing the "infadels".
Cidien Wrote:Actually most these terrorists do believe in God and they think God is going to reward them in heaven for killing the "infadels".
Religion is so fucked up sometimes...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:Religion is so fucked up sometimes...

But extremists are ALWAYS fucked up.
puzzleguy Wrote:It makes you wonder what kind of parents these folks had growing up, not to know the difference between right from wrong , and to take an innocence's life - I dont think the people who did that believe in God or anything - If they believe their God blesses them for doing what they did, then their God must be Satan , cause the only place for them when they die is Hell !

Cidien Wrote:Actually most these terrorists do believe in God and they think God is going to reward them in heaven for killing the "infadels".

The same thing was done in the name of the Christian god. That's what the Crusades were all about, killing the infidels. Many of the greatest wars were started in the name of some god and some religion. Believing in a higher, benevolent power doesn't really stop people from commiting atrocities.
onizuka17711 Wrote:Religion is so fucked up sometimes...

See, this is exactly what I feared. People end up blaming the wrong things. What you don't seem to understand is, it is not the religion - or the culture, people twist their ideas and thoughts and assume that it is their 'religion' which make these decisions.

If you look at most religions, there is tranquility in them - as well as peace in human kind, but its idiots like these 'terrorists' that twist the faith and turn it into something they prefer. Killing in the name of God, or killing in any other name - its the same thing, just bullshit with a scapegoat.
animeshop Wrote:See, this is exactly what I feared. People end up blaming the wrong things. What you don't seem to understand is, it is not the religion - or the culture, people twist their ideas and thoughts and assume that it is their 'religion' which make these decisions.

If you look at most religions, there is tranquility in them - as well as peace in human kind, but its idiots like these 'terrorists' that twist the faith and turn it into something they prefer. Killing in the name of God, or killing in any other name - its the same thing, just bullshit with a scapegoat.

Indeed! That is why I said believing in a 'higher, benevolent power' doesn't stop people from commiting atrocities. Most religions are indeed benevolent and promote 'peace on earth' the problem are fanatics who, like you said, twist things around and people who use religion to manipulate other people. Although I must admit I don't have a lot of respect for those who let themselves be manipulated in the name of religion.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Indeed! That is why I said believing in a 'higher, benevolent power' doesn't stop people from commiting atrocities. Most religions are indeed benevolent and promote 'peace on earth' the problem are fanatics who, like you said, twist things around and people who use religion to manipulate other people. Although I must admit I don't have a lot of respect for those who let themselves be manipulated in the name of religion.
When you're fed some of that messed up junk your entire life, what do you expect? I didn't really mean the religion itself, more of the way people make cetain acts sound as though they are "the will of god".
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
I have no words to truly express my sadness and anger but I guess saying that did it anyway. I was shocked to hear that my old mayor Julliani was only a few blocks from the first explosion, that nust really suck for him to be right near sept 11th and now this. All I can really say is that people suck.

I am fortuante though to have a wide viewed sister who has explored several religions (christianity, buddhism, etc) she read the khoran( i think I miss spelt it) and she was able to find a section that condones the destrcution of the infadel, now the difference is that the majority of muslims are peaceful but you have radicals in every religion, in the muslim world you have these Jihadists, and in christianity you have people who think killing abortion doctors or homosexuals is ok.

I havent gone to church for about 6 years now simply bacause organized religion bothers me. I dont want to argue with anyone just hear me out, I find that in the churches I went to it got to a point where it was just them telling you that everyone that isnt christian is evil and wrong and is going to hell, but in the same sense this religion is based on a saviour that preached love and compassion. If they think those people are going to hell then why dont they follow what their religion tells them and pray for those peoples souls not hate them or try to harm them. It comes down to dogmatic-brainwashing which is in essence what the terrorists follow.

If god is so almighty then why would these people actually believe that god would side with them on anything, god is more or an observer who gives the final judgement based on what you have done in your life and what is in your heart not what religion you brand yourself with, if homosexuals are damned then why dont christians start marches to tell people to follow the ten commandments because according to them its the most important rules so I guess my lieing, cheating, war mongering, bible thumping shit father is going to burn.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:The same thing was done in the name of the Christian god. That's what the Crusades were all about, killing the infidels. Many of the greatest wars were started in the name of some god and some religion. Believing in a higher, benevolent power doesn't really stop people from commiting atrocities.

Ya, Christanity itself has caused some F'd up stuff in the world. One of the funniest parts of the bible to me is it's stated very clearly that we aren't supposed to kill other people. What was saddom and gammorah (i know i butchered the spelling of those cities but i'm too lazy to look it up)? We aren't supposed to kill but God can slaughter people at will? Sure the bible says the city was corrupt and evil but I doubt every person there was evil.

This is of course assuming God exists and he was the one that destroyed those cities and it wasn't something else the idiots... erm... scholors at the time attributed to God because they didn't know what was going on.