the new systems
i don't know exactly how to do the survey thing but i was wondering how much people thing the new systems are going to cost and also how much you would be willing to pay for them

for me i think the ps3 500-600 dollars and xbox 360 400-500 and nintendo revolution 350-400

I would be willing to pay 500 for the ps3 if it is what it seems to be and around 300 for 360 and depending how much it costs to dl games for the revolution then 250 to 300

well give me some replies
Cyrus
This is tough. Sony always dissapoints us europeans. Over here I expect the ps3 to be € 550 - 600 and the 360 about the same on launch but it wil drop drastically when the ps3 comes out to about € 400. Everyone who comes with estemates of $300 should get their head out of their ass and look at the specs. and the past. Big Grin Revolution I have no clue since I don't know what is in there but I hope $250 max on launch to make sure I and many others buy it.

But for me whats more important is the price of games. I've heard prices of $80 per game which is insane. I hope some people who have a dev. kit start working on a mod-chip asap. Cool
I have read things that they are looking the Ps3 to hit at around 50,000 Yen which is about $465 in the US.. Sorry i don't know what the would be in Euro's but i do know the number is lower then that.

Also I expect the Xbox 360 to be around 500 or higher since they will milk it untill the Ps3 comes to market.

And no clue on the Revolution as its totally been designed to sell for cheap.. So once again Nintendo may drive the console prices down like they did with the Ps2 and Xbox.

Edit: Also already it looks like the games are gonna sell for $60 through GameStop or EBGames. (they have Xbox 360 games already on there site.)
Due to us getting pal im in the same boat.I imagine whatever the price for america is ours will be alot more.For instance the psp is due out here as value pack (minus spiderman i think) at $330.As a ruff guess in nz i expect nothing less than $530 US.For any of the new consoles and then due to who sells nintendo games in nz games cost 70-80.Sony being slightly less at $65.But considering gba games are around 60 here that might be a bargain Smile .That 60 being the exact same price as current consoles.Thats why we import our own games(those with the internet).Might help explain why ive never seen an unmodified xbox except in a store.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Just Read a press realese sony says it will launch the ps3 at the price they sold the playstation 1&2 so we are going to be looking at 300$ or a little more. so dont worry about sony there system will be cheap, the xbox 360 is the one im worried about price wise. im thinking at least 600$ or if they want to take a hit like they did with the first box they might take the price to 300$ we wont know untill microsoft sets a hard street date and also sony as well and we hear real prices i bet we will hear those right after summer.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Where did you read that press release. If sony launchs the ps3 at $300 they will take a major hit. The blue ray dvd player alone costs that much.
geo85 Wrote:Where did you read that press release. If sony launchs the ps3 at $300 they will take a major hit. The blue ray dvd player alone costs that much.

Doesn't mean anything. They could be betting on making their money on the games, especially if they are pricing them at $60.
Cidien Wrote:Doesn't mean anything. They could be betting on making their money on the games, especially if they are pricing them at $60.

Yes and 60 bucks a game is gonna suck balls. That is a 20% increase If that transfers to the consoles, it would make next gen, at the very, very least $360 (kind of an ironic number). This is definitely one time I think it will payoff to NOT be a participant in the launch. Just sit back and wait for everything to be finalized.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cidien Wrote:Doesn't mean anything. They could be betting on making their money on the games, especially if they are pricing them at $60.
*cries....A LOT*
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Sony hinted a price of less than 50000 yen, which is about 368 euros. When the PS2 was first launched here it costed about 500?. I doubt the PS3 is going to cost less than that and even though $500 is less than ?500 we're likely to end up paying that amount, it's always like that. I'm seriously thinking of ordering mine from the US, although it's not just because of the price.
I never cared much for the Xbox mainly because I don't find it's games appealing. However, after seeing some videos of games being developed for the Xbox 360 I'm extremely interested in buying it. Lost Odissey, with character designs by Takehiko Inoue left me drooling. And I'll probably buy the Revolution as well, seing as I have a Gamecube and enjoy many of it's RPGs.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I won't buy any of the consoles at launch. That is entirely too much to pay for a gaming console. I'll wait and see just like I did with the current systems.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Yes, that's way too much to pay for what are going to be the most powerful gaming machines ever made when they launch......

If you bought what would be roughly the same thing in the PC world it would probably cost you around 3 grand or more......
Its kind of up in the air right now. I think its probably better to wait at least a month after each systems release to see how the public reacts to let developers release some games and to find out if the system functions properly and there are no glitches. I do kind of think microsoft is making a mistake releasing this winter. Its been called xbox1.5, its just not that much of an increase for it to be a worth while investment. We'll just have to wait and see.
geo85 Wrote:Its kind of up in the air right now. I think its probably better to wait at least a month after each systems release to see how the public reacts to let developers release some games and to find out if the system functions properly and there are no glitches. I do kind of think microsoft is making a mistake releasing this winter. Its been called xbox1.5, its just not that much of an increase for it to be a worth while investment. We'll just have to wait and see.

What are you talking about.... the xbox 360 is looking like a great system. I suppose they could delay it to make stupid people think it will be better but they'd rather release it before Christmas and make a crapload of money.
During one of the e3 conferences microsoft spokesman specifically said the 360 would be

backwards compatible with xbox bestselling games. What does that mean? That could be

the 10 best selling xbox games, that could be 5 games, I would like the 360 to be

backwards compatible with all xbox games and would want them to release the system

only after they have secured that. Also I think the hardware should be better.

Technology advances in intervals if they release January 2006 thejnh they will still be

ahead of nintendo and sony but the system will be more powerful and there will be a

better lineup of games. I'm willing to wait. Do you really want to spend possibly $500. on

a system that is not that much better than the current one and have to keep the old one in

order to play your favorite games.