the new systems
geo85 Wrote:During one of the e3 conferences microsoft spokesman specifically said the 360 would be

backwards compatible with xbox bestselling games. What does that mean? That could be

the 10 best selling xbox games, that could be 5 games, I would like the 360 to be

backwards compatible with all xbox games and would want them to release the system

only after they have secured that.

That really made me laugh. Mostly because you're being serious. Do you seriously think they have to go through each and every xbox game and tune the 360 to make it backwards compatible with that specific game. No offence, but you should really quit posting in this section. Then again, it's always nice to have a good laugh.

Also, you have no idea what they are going to be priced - and the 360 is going to be a great system. Sure, they could delay it and make it better. They could do that for the next 500 years and never release a system. Please think for more than 3 seconds before you post next time.
yeah i saw the games on ps3 and xbox 360 and the ps3 games were much more impressive. I don't know how good the game play will be but if it's as good as it looks there won't really be all the much of a reason to buy an xbox 360.

Such as with the ps2 and xbox if you wanted fps and couldn't afford a comp you would go for xbox if you wanted rpgs you would go for ps2 but now it looks like the ps3 will accel in all areas possibly leaving the xbox 360 in the dust.

it really all remains to be seen i might just get the revolution so i can get a hold of the zelda and metroid games Big Grin

so.... who knows
Cyrus
Well my Take on Xbox 360 and PS3 is...... (Get ready for a big run on sentence) Xbox 360 seems to have a big more power for a system due before PS3. But I look at Developers like Team ninja. I mean they always go with the system with the most power and they are making DOA4 on xbox 360.. but no comment on ninja gaiden 2 yet. eh? Xbox 360 does have a pretty nice line up from what I seen from all the E3 coverage but then again PS3 has a lot of sweet things as well, I would rather just get both systems and think about the games because both systems are going to be great and its nice that xbox 360 comes out first which gives me time to get it then save up for a ps3. But that is a while from now I am still thinking about that new berserk game on ps2!!!!! As for nintendo revolution.. ? I have no comment on that since I kinda lost faith in nintendo since the days of n64 when I thought Ultra 64 was going to be the greatest thing on earth wanting to play KI in all of its sweetness but intead playing a cart with none of the awsome fmv that made you say hell yeah when you won with orchid... .. I just wonder if SNK has any plans for xbox 360... But anyways buy both then you can't complain.

But if you feel like WAR of the PS3 VS Xbox 360.. IGN.COM has the specs vs specs report... but then again its all about the games....right? :eek:
surprisingly the ps3 has more power but the xbox360 has cool stuff to.

it will have to come down to the games because what good is a lot of power with a crappy game even the greatest amount of power can have crappy graphic games with crappy game play so...

like look at the ps2 star ocean 3 has amazing graphics and even though the xbox has better graphics overall that game either compares or outdoes the most of the xbox games even the newer ones except for halo 2 so.....

I doubt the games will even come close to the power that the systems possess so it might turn out that the nentendo revolution will hit it off big time.
Cyrus
[QUOTE=Cyrus]surprisingly the ps3 has more power but the xbox360 has cool stuff to.

Well I am not too much of a Fanboy when it comes to videogame systems these days but sad to say Xbox 360 has more power... the only thing PS3 has over Xbox 360 is PS3's CPU has streaming floating point work which is done on its seven dsp processors.. but on the other hand Xbox 360's CPU has more general purpose processing power because of its three general purpose cores, and PS3's only has one. Go figure. But all in all I am going to see who has what games to make me spend the money. And you made a good point about developers using power of a system, I mean look at God of war on ps2..That game looks amazing when you put it on progressive scan mode I mean I thought it was a xbox game at first! This fall will be very interesting for gamers, but the spring time will be even more interesting when ps3 comes out and MS has Halo 3 come out at the same time.. oh the drama of the new video game wars
Okay Ciden lets get something straight, I never said they had to tune the 360 to play backwards games you said that not me. To allow the 360 to play games from the xbox they have to pay royalties to the developers if the game is third party, if they dont want to pay those royalties then no backwards games, except maybe first party games. Second of all I specifically stated January 2006 so your 500 year crack has no grounds. Third the ps3 right now hardware alone destroys the 360 and sony has an army of developers behind it so the 360 could use a boost of performance.
Read this:
http://www.gameindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8996
Read this:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8996
actually someone previously mentioned game stop already had xbox 360 games priced at 60 dollars so....

i never buy new games anymore anyways i mean i can wait for trade a game to get it or for it to drop to 20 to 30 dollars
Cyrus
If the games do sell at $60 that just means most people will be buying less games. Just think you wont be able to buy 2 regularly priced next gen games for less than $100.
geo85 Wrote:If the games do sell at $60 that just means most people will be buying less games. Just think you wont be able to buy 2 regularly priced next gen games for less than $100.
That was one think, GameFaqs did a poll on how much people were willing to spend for next gen games; the results made me feel poor as fu*k.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
The power of the 2 consoles is closer than any other generation, maybe even closer the SNES vs Megadrive. Anyone who thinks one will seriously outperform the other needs a reality check and has a few nasty surpises comming launch of both consoles.

They both look good, with good devs and good games announced, with lots of support. Both will be great so buy both, I know I will. These are pretty much certainties, just like the way Europe will always get screwed on price.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Hahahaha poor little Nintendo. Smile Buy all three i think you mean.Im of the opinion that nobody knows what the case of the consoles will be as far as most powerfull.So far what cpu will actually be better for gaming isnt known and even less is known about rsx.Guess we will have to wait and see.
Im such a graphics whore im not going to be able to resist an xbox at release even though its a ps3 i want, so ill almost definatly be getting both those 2.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
the reason why i never went for xbox is cus if i wanted to play fps then i would play them on my comp. I might buy a next gen consol but if i do it won't be xbox just cus i have enuff ps1 and 2 games and i don't want to go for more xbox and xbox360 games especially if it is going to be like the original xbox when the cream of the crop are games that are the best fps in consol but suck compated to comp games. Like halo 1 its pretty cool on xbox don't get me wrong but it sucks compared to the comp version. So if there is an abundance of good comp games out there to rival the xbox 360 games then i won't need to buy one now rpg's is a different story and i know some pretty good rpg's are being made for xbox360 and im glad of that but with the way rpg's have been going lately i might just skip getting the next gen of consols unless they really pull out some amazing games that i just have to have. As for the revolution it might be the way to go if it's affordable i can't see spending tons of money on new games when i have plenty of good old ones and even ones i have not beat yet so...

Most likely i will get a ps3 and just buy games when they are cheap or on ebay and try to find good deals. i really hope all the systems get excellent games so that whatever you buy you will be pretty satisfied with as far as buying multiple systems i can't see doing that i mean i have better things to spend my money on no offence. and i was wondering will the revolution be able to play gameboy games cus isn't that like a brance of nentendo jw cus i never heard anything about it yet but if it can that would be cool Big Grin
Cyrus
I am an X-Box person myself. yeah yeah I already know Sony and Nintendo will have more games and much better RPGs but overal what the 360 looks like it is capable of so far plus DOA 4 online, MAdden 06 and the new Halo title which will be little ways off yet are enough for me to be sold on this machine
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga