A Sad Day
This isn't dead.... AN is dead though. Most talk here isn't HK talk anyway so it will never die. Uni is finishing soon aswell so maybe that's why it has died down... I haven't checked here much due to uni stress... I graduate soon, argh!
I agree things have been a bit 'dead' here lately but I suppose everybody runs out of things to say at some point. Anyway, I bet that in a month or two people will have a lot more time on their hands and they'll come here more often. Last summer things were really lively around here with quite a few new members joining in everyday.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
People come and people go... Sometimes you just need to take a break and let some new events happen in your life to have some thing to talk about or share. I love posting but sometimes feel like I should just relax and just listen.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Still its nice to know thatyou avea place to come back to. It just seems that everyone I know on here almost never posts anymore. Heck I'm even starting to miss BE.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
I bet people will find there way back. If you miss someone PM them. A message shows up in thier real life e-mail box. And then maybe the come back...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Or you can have fun talking with us.Smile
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
I recently came back to the forums.....I have been really busy....Working to save money to go to oregon...^_^

Umm, I know this is off topic but has anyone went to an anime convention?? I am thinking of going to one in portland oregon this september....I am going to dress up as chii from chobits...hehe fun I always wanted an excuse to dress crazy.^_^
kristym22 Wrote:I recently came back to the forums.....I have been really busy....Working to save money to go to oregon...^_^

Umm, I know this is off topic but has anyone went to an anime convention?? I am thinking of going to one in portland oregon this september....I am going to dress up as chii from chobits...hehe fun I always wanted an excuse to dress crazy.^_^
I don't really care for being around other anime fans myself, so it would be a nightmere for someone like me...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
This thread makes me wanna sing the theme from Cheers. As for going to a convention, it can be a lot of fun or very boring depending on the convention and what you expect/plan to do. Are you going alone or with friends? Big or small convention? Is your primary goal anime theaters, panels, raiding the dealers room, or partying? How do you feel about standing on line? All important topics when going to a con.
WandererX12 Wrote:This thread makes me wanna sing the theme from Cheers. As for going to a convention, it can be a lot of fun or very boring depending on the convention and what you expect/plan to do. Are you going alone or with friends? Big or small convention? Is your primary goal anime theaters, panels, raiding the dealers room, or partying? How do you feel about standing on line? All important topics when going to a con.

Stupid question: how hard can you party at an anime convention lol?

And you never need an excuse to dress "crazy" I do it all the time. I like spikes. Big Grin
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Depends on who you are with and how hard you can party when not at an anime convention. Otakon has a dance from about 9pm-close(1-2am i think) where almost everyone loves the spikes and leather pants. Mixed in with all the dog collars and glow sticks you can find people with eyes as wide as saucers. Or maybe you and your friends will stuff nine people in to a hotel bathroom with a towel under the door so you can be extra paranoid when you go watch Paranoia Agent on the big screen. Bring a flask, it can help wash away the hangover from last night's room party before it ruins your line standing. Then, it can start tonight's room party early. Don't have anyone to party with? Check the bulletin board, or find someone with a neck-tie around thier head. Not everyone there is a social misfit, just most of them. And even they like to have a good time. Now if that not the partying you meant, then I'm sure you can find an all night Yu-Gi-Oh duel, or a Gundam Painting Party. As for me, I'll stick to taking one drink everytime Vash refuses to kill, and two if Wolfwood does it.

::This post is based on speculation, I can neither confirm nor deny that any of those things happen to me or anyone else.::
But actually I meant party in a generalized having fun with your friends, doing what you like to do only now in a con setting sense. No rigid militant con-storming blitzkrieg. Always watching the clock, hoping to get off of line A in time to stand on line B. There is nothing I need to buy, so spending 5hours online to be first in the dealers room when it opens isn't for me. I'll stick my head in a few panels or workshops to see if they seem interesting. If there is somthing new playing that I'm interested in I'll watch for an episode or two. I mostly people watch and drift around at conventions, try it all like a buffet. I cant bother with planning out every minute of my day. Relax, have fun and if that fun happens to involve hard partying, so be it.
Wow!! thanks for the info..I am going with 2 other people to a I don't know how big of a convention.and I reallly want to dress crazy.and I want to buy some nifty stuff.and have fun!!! ^_^
WandererX12 Wrote:Depends on who you are with and how hard you can party when not at an anime convention. Otakon has a dance from about 9pm-close(1-2am i think) where almost everyone loves the spikes and leather pants. Mixed in with all the dog collars and glow sticks you can find people with eyes as wide as saucers. Or maybe you and your friends will stuff nine people in to a hotel bathroom with a towel under the door so you can be extra paranoid when you go watch Paranoia Agent on the big screen. Bring a flask, it can help wash away the hangover from last night's room party before it ruins your line standing. Then, it can start tonight's room party early. Don't have anyone to party with? Check the bulletin board, or find someone with a neck-tie around thier head. Not everyone there is a social misfit, just most of them. And even they like to have a good time. Now if that not the partying you meant, then I'm sure you can find an all night Yu-Gi-Oh duel, or a Gundam Painting Party. As for me, I'll stick to taking one drink everytime Vash refuses to kill, and two if Wolfwood does it.

::This post is based on speculation, I can neither confirm nor deny that any of those things happen to me or anyone else.::

Holy Shit, That's Friggen Awesome! I may actually go next time around. Bet I could find some other hardcore Slipknot fans there. I am a hardy partier. Hell I?m a ?hardy? at everything I like to do. I must say, that is if a few of these things actually happened, that I am really surprised, the good kinda surprized. Big Grin
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Some of us don't visit as often as we use to but the forum is far from dead. Now that the semester is over for me I will have more time to visit and look around maybe. Though I would have to admit that there has been fewer quality posts then before, but I in no way blame the forum for this, just havent had alot of time as of late as I said
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Sad Day In History Ryo of Inferno 23 7,659 08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Last Post: geo85
  Sad day in London animeshop 77 24,384 07-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Blight
  Sad Day... Last Exile 13 4,443 09-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Homeless Joe