Nintendo DS
I have owned every gameboy released at some point or another. Since playing mp3s on a portable gaming system and playing movies as well does not appeal to me nor does a pathetic 4-5 hour battery after a full charge I decided not to get the psp. I want to know if anyone has the DS and what they think of it! If you dont own a DS or have never played it or know a person who owns one dont answer this thread, you'll just waste time, I only want to know peoples first hand thoughts and impressions.
I bought a DS and I love it. My girlfriend loves it too, and she hates playing video games. I wasn't sure if I would like the duel screen/touch screen feature, but after playing my friends for a few minutes I went out and bought one the next day. I highly recomment it. After seeing the psp in action I have no desire to buy the system until it's in the $100 range, which will be a long time. The graphics are great but the DS is more fun. The graphics on the DS when I bought it surprised me too. I didn't even think the psp would be that good a while back.
About how long does the ds battery last and can it play gba or gb games?
It can play gba games. Battery lasts 6-8 hours depending on what you're doing.
I think it can last longer then that without using Wireless at all.. but i have never bothered to time mine.. As i play it around the house and well always have a charger next to me.. the only thing i hate about it i was disappointed with the controls for Mario DS. I still love the game but i woudl still rather pull my N64 out and play it on that as it controls so much better how it was designed to be..
Mario DS is pretty easy to control when you get used to it. Of course I never played the 64 version.
if you ever played the N64 version you will find its very very lacking compared to how easy it is in the N64.. I mean i played that game to get 120 stars and explore every possibly place.. hehe
Well besides comparing the controls the Mario DS is greeat in every other area. I love my DS looking forward to the release of Castlevania for it. At least CAstlevania will live forever in 2-d on the handhelds. I timed mine not because I wanted to. I took a train from Minniapolis to Minot a 9 hour train ride and the DS played all the way through.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
You live in Minot? I live in Fargo. Pretty close - but hows minneapolis to minot a 9 hour drive? Takes a tops of 4 from Fargo, and it doesn't take 3 hours to get to minot. :confused:
ds is great with touch screen
but psp is greater with high graphics and the very easy control !!
the diffrence is only in price
psp is so expensive but ds is cheap so that why everyone can get it
The PSP is like a supermodel, sexy and nice to look at, but that's it!! The DS is like a girlfriend, looks hot, but has alot more to offer to offer you.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
yeh but what would you prefer, the girl next door or Milla Jovovich? Smile
The only time I thought Milla was pretty was in the fifth element, so i'd have to go with the girl next door option lol.
Are you seriously comparing a peice of plastic to a woman? Anyway although the psp has much better graphics the battery life is too short for me. I dont want to play music or movies on my gaming system. Also in case anyone was unaware several companies like atari released portable systems around the release of the original gameboy but because the battery lasted only 2 hours very few bought them. Also sony keeps releasing systems with major bugs like dead pixels I trust sonys hardware less and less. yes the ds has much weaker graphics than the psp but for a hand held system its graphics are still awesome. Its battery life is good enough and it collapses so the screen is protected.
well i just bought the DS and its pretty cool, i mean i can't completely tell the diff from it and the GBA sp, except the touch facility and 2 screens - and i haven't really found it to be that fun with these two additives. although i am gettin more games to test em on. My psp should be delivering tomorow, so i guess ill have to wait a little longer until i can fully compare. But judging from the looks of metal gear acid on the psp, i think the psp will win.

ok quick question, if psp and nintendo ds were the same price - which would u buy, honestly?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Countdown To Nintendo DS Last Exile 17 7,392 11-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Schultz
  TV tuner for The NINTENDO DS gamers in Japan Last Exile 6 2,888 11-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Last Exile
  Nintendo DS - Launch Titles Last Exile 8 3,793 10-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Last Post: rav96
  Nintendo DS : Specs Last Exile 7 2,993 10-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ouijaouija
  Nintendo DS : Release and Final Box Revealed Last Exile 8 3,465 10-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Last Exile