Nintendo DS
Cidien Wrote:The only time I thought Milla was pretty was in the fifth element, so i'd have to go with the girl next door option lol.

lol, wow - u must have some hot girl next door Wink
animeshop Wrote:ok quick question, if psp and nintendo ds were the same price - which would u buy, honestly?

That is a loaded question. Too low of a price and you would get them both. To high and you pass them right by. But, to be honest I still like the GBA better. Some of the best games of the pass console generation have come out on the GBA FIRST. Also, 2-D ingenuity is what I like about the hand held market. I really don't want a totally portable version of the PS2 or Gamecube or whatever, I?ll go home to play those. I want a travel distraction and simple but fun gameplay. But based on the things I said myself, the DS because of it?s originality and some of the games I have heard about. The Kirby game looks pretty cool. And Castlevania DS will probably be badass (I am a HUGE fan of the other three on GBA).
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
animeshop Wrote:well i just bought the DS and its pretty cool, i mean i can't completely tell the diff from it and the GBA sp, except the touch facility and 2 screens - and i haven't really found it to be that fun with these two additives. although i am gettin more games to test em on. My psp should be delivering tomorow, so i guess ill have to wait a little longer until i can fully compare. But judging from the looks of metal gear acid on the psp, i think the psp will win.

ok quick question, if psp and nintendo ds were the same price - which would u buy, honestly?

If you can't tell the difference you need to get your eyes checked. That's almost like saying you can't tell the difference between the n64 and gamecube. The sp is basically an snes with crisp graphics and the ds is a handheld 64.
Cidien Wrote:You live in Minot? I live in Fargo. Pretty close - but hows minneapolis to minot a 9 hour drive? Takes a tops of 4 from Fargo, and it doesn't take 3 hours to get to minot. :confused:
Well in my Post I said it was a "9 hour train ride" that includes stops at other train depots. If I drove from Minot to Minneapolis it would take me 7 1/2 hours easy.

Now as for the topic. animeshop I think you will be disappointed with MG:Acid it is a card game not a traditional MG game. I was never one for graphics if I were I would be a PC player and nothing else. I am one for gameplay, you know like tetris... what can you say about the graphics there you can't beacause it is all about gameplay. Gameplay first, Replay second, Graphics a distant third.

I would buy a DS first because I have a bigger library of games to choose from.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Just like blight said a portable gaming device is a simple fun distraction. I dont need a portable console. Just stop and think, the games on the psp require your attention, think of how much free time you would have to have in order to actually put the psp to good use. If you have time to watch movies on your psp then you have too much free time. How long does it take the psp to charge? The gba charges for 4 and runs for 18. If I am travelling i put it in my bag and play it while travelling. Do you really need a portable game that plays movies and music, a cell phone that plays games and takes pictures and surfs the web, and a laptop that does all of the above. Games should be fun. Nintendo caters to gamers that enjoy their games, not worry about having the best graphics. Look at gt4, awesome graphics but no online or damage. At the end of the day whats more fun shooting the crap out of everything or a mario game. I dont want my games to add to my stress level
cidien, for the time spent and the hype over the DS i would have thought the graphics would wow me. But playing spiderman on there for example, i was like - ok looks kinda cool, but it in no way wowed me whatsoever. If i hadn't paid attention to the dual screen in that game (which is an annoyance in this game rather than a fun feature) i would have just assumed it as an sp game, thats slightly cooler. Now, comparing that to playing metal gear solid on the psp, - that truly wowed me.

Ok so u guys keep sayin u don't need the extra stuff psp offers, fine - then don't use it. But isn't it enough that the psp has got cool games and great graphics and its portable? The battery thing, well don't know much about it as I haven't received it yet to try out for a day. (The experience i have had with the psp is playing my friends)
oh yeh, im waiting for my mario 64 to be delivered to test out the DS. I'm still thinking the reason it hasn't completely wowed me is the game factor, i only have metroid, spiderman and sprung - so I can't really judge all that much.
morgorath Wrote:Well in my Post I said it was a "9 hour train ride" that includes stops at other train depots. If I drove from Minot to Minneapolis it would take me 7 1/2 hours easy.

Now as for the topic. animeshop I think you will be disappointed with MG:Acid it is a card game not a traditional MG game. I was never one for graphics if I were I would be a PC player and nothing else. I am one for gameplay, you know like tetris... what can you say about the graphics there you can't beacause it is all about gameplay. Gameplay first, Replay second, Graphics a distant third.

Ah didn't see the word train. However, I could probably make it to minneapolis from minot in under 7 hours myself. Big Grin

As for the thread... DS still > PSP. =P
morgorath Wrote:animeshop I think you will be disappointed with MG:Acid it is a card game not a traditional MG game. I was never one for graphics if I were I would be a PC player and nothing else. I am one for gameplay, you know like tetris... what can you say about the graphics there you can't beacause it is all about gameplay. Gameplay first, Replay second, Graphics a distant third.

lol, yeh i just found that out an hour ago when my brother explained it to me, i was soooooo pissed off. cos it looked so cool from the pics, and i was so damn eager to get a MG game on the psp. man, why do they have to screw with us like this. MG is not a final fantasy game, its a frikin action game. I so badly wanted to run around, avoid guards and do all the stuff MG games are famous for. oh well.... maybe they'll get some better games.

maybe im starting to understand why i see so many people selling their DS's and PSP's on ebay, lol.
Honestly the main appeal of the ds is the touch screen. Some games work well with that but the games that are really fun with the touch screen have not been released in the us yet. So the ds is a decent buy but I will wait for some better games. I will just stick to my good old GBAsp for now. As for having better graphics, graphics dont make the system so because of the cost and batery life I'll pass on the psp. Do any of you know about the other portables that came out when the original gb came out. I saw some of them on a tv show about portables, one of them had genesis quality graphics, this while everyone was playing tetris on their clunky gameboys. Its downfall was the cost and batterylife. Gee I see a pattern. Cough psp Cough.
Naw, the psp will be fine. Gaming, especially handheld, is 50x more popular now than it was then. Makes a huge difference. Plus the psp costs less than those systems did...
geo85 Wrote:Honestly the main appeal of the ds is the touch screen. Some games work well with that but the games that are really fun with the touch screen have not been released in the us yet. So the ds is a decent buy but I will wait for some better games. I will just stick to my good old GBAsp for now. As for having better graphics, graphics dont make the system so because of the cost and batery life I'll pass on the psp. Do any of you know about the other portables that came out when the original gb came out. I saw some of them on a tv show about portables, one of them had genesis quality graphics, this while everyone was playing tetris on their clunky gameboys. Its downfall was the cost and batterylife. Gee I see a pattern. Cough psp Cough.

Only handhelds I know from history other than Nintendos and Sonys new one was the Gamegear and im assuming that's what you mean but the battery life wasnt bad I don't think. Blah if that's the one you mean maybe ill check mine later...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Only handhelds I know from history other than Nintendos and Sonys new one was the Gamegear and im assuming that's what you mean but the battery life wasnt bad I don't think. Blah if that's the one you mean maybe ill check mine later...

That's not what he means. While the game gear tanked it was at least semi popular. Shinobi for the Game Gear rocked. =P I can't think of the other names and too lazy to look them up.
This is a very pro nintendo forum Smile i guess youll love what i wrote about e3.
Im not sure what to think.Both handhelds offer different experiences for different sorts of gamers or moods.Im more the psp fan.The biggest downside being that there are a lack of rpgs at the moment.
Depending on money and what comes out on the ds in the future ill consider getting one.Originally i was supposed to get one for christmas but got the money instead and bought a heap of psp games.I haved played them before though.
Both portables have a strong future lineup and on ds nintendo have just advertised their online schemes.Sony wont be far behind i bet.
Whats really funny is how much fun sony fans are going to have quoting "its about the games" when all the extra features come to retail.
Animeshop be proud MGA is a cool game.Im lapping it up and will be getting mga2 when its released which is slightly more fast paced but still a card strat game.Its not everyones cup of tea though.
There have been quite a few handhelds.Most dont leave japan.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
I will search for exactly where you can find the other portables I am talking about. Its not the game gear, there were other portables literally the same year as the gameboy release, there was atari and some other less known ones. I am soo buying a ds now for nintendogs, animal crossing and mario kart ds. What do you think of the gameboy micro. I think its a waste, though extremly small does it need to be smaller than the sp, come on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Countdown To Nintendo DS Last Exile 17 8,494 11-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Schultz
  TV tuner for The NINTENDO DS gamers in Japan Last Exile 6 3,271 11-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Last Exile
  Nintendo DS - Launch Titles Last Exile 8 4,208 10-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Last Post: rav96
  Nintendo DS : Specs Last Exile 7 3,405 10-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ouijaouija
  Nintendo DS : Release and Final Box Revealed Last Exile 8 4,218 10-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Last Exile