Where to buy your HK Anime? The Million Dollar Question*LOL*
well some Mi rips are not from fx directly, but they're still good for example (I my me strawberry eggs, inuyasha the movies dubbed, etc........)
[Image: top_1.jpg]
~Romance in the Scent of Summer~
To guts45,

So basically what you are saying is:
Suppose you want to buy scryed. JJ has it in stock right now. But since you think MAC is not good enough, you won't buy it from JJ and you'll look for another store to buy MI or AV version of scryed. Better yet, you will ask the forum for better places to buy so that others can follow your lead.

Apparently, it's OK because it is for "greater good of HK community", and JJ should be OK with that, too. Basically, the greater good of HK community means you are buying anime at a good deal, right?

Rolleyes
DVD-5 DVD-5 DVD-5

Do you understand what this means ?? DVD-5 format is a max of 4.7 gig while DVD-9 is up to 8 gig. The new MAC sets and everyone on here is talking about it is different from the old sets.

Take for example scryed which you just mentioned. The original scryed from MAC (and FX) was on 3 DVD-9 disc, now MAC have change their old DVD-9 discs down to DVD-5 and re-shrunk the original discs down to under 4.7 gig to capacitate the whole disc as well as adding a DTS 6.1 track which takes up over 1 gig of the disc. With such heavy down-sizing on a DVD-5 disc you are left with pixilation and macroblocking to the extreme. Just read all the new reviews of MAC dvds

C'Mon man, Im not the bad guy here+ Do you understand what im saying above?
You are a fucking idiot. Because JJ carries MAC titles only, you are saying "screw JJ." I don't know how you define a royal customer, but you are definitely not one.
I don't care DVD5, DVD9, or DVD 18. I have watched several recent MAC and they look fine.
Did I say 'Screw JJ'?
No m8, Don't think so, and dont put those words in my mouth. If your eggin' on me cause i dont want a dvd-5 with macroblocking and pixilation then your putting down the other 50+ peeps in here that feel the same way

Read here, might get some insight, foresight the clock on the wall reads a quater past midnight
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...ge=1&pp=15

I am loyal to I-A, Dont FLAME me by calling me a f***ing idiot and dont persume to know.

You look like your trying to start a war over nothin' m8
You are still an idiot. What's with this so much complaint about bootleg quality? You want the perfect qualities? Buy R1s. It's not like FX stuff was a model of quality. Full metal Panic FX was pixelated like there was no tomorrow.

And since you don't want to buy MAC, I guess JJ should start selling paper clips. And he should run this site out of his own pocket so that idiots like you can ask about his rival places.
Man, We are going round in circles here

You don't see eye to eye with me, Ok, Fine!

I love I-A, I aint messin sh*t up with this thread and by all means if JJ thinks this thread is out of order he can go ahead and delete it, Its up to him, he's the main cheese round here.
I will always promote this site amongst my friends and this is the last time il set up a thread in any way about MAC, HK dvds and bother my ass to try and do a helpful thing

You can take down your AK47, take of your vest and rest this E-Beef m8

-The End-

Que closing credits LOL Wink
guts45 Wrote:Read here, might get some insight, foresight the clock on the wall reads a quater past midnight
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...ge=1&pp=15

You put that thread like it validates your claim. It doesn't tell anything how much DVD5 and DVD9 MAC uses. I know for certain MAC still uses DVD9. One 2-disc, 13 episodes series that I saw had 1 DVD9 and 1 DVD5.

I don't think you even bought any of MAC dvds recently. You are probably judging them without having observed the video quality yourself. Do us a favor. Quit your MAC bashing until you have seen all the pixelation yourself.
hbk101 Wrote:. It doesn't tell anything how much DVD5 and DVD9 MAC uses. .

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT HBK!!!!! No one knows for sure how much dvd5 they use and noone wants to test it out. Guts isn't alone with being cautious with MAC sets, almost everyone here is.

But since you obviously did buy MAC sets lately why not post something constructive instead of picking a fight over some post you misinterpreted (read back why don't you). What sets can you confirm are still good and on dvd9 please? You have to have bought them in the past 4 months cause thats when the complaints began.
elcoholic Wrote:THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT HBK!!!!! No one knows for sure how much dvd5 they use and noone wants to test it out. Guts isn't alone with being cautious with MAC sets, almost everyone here is.

But since you obviously did buy MAC sets lately why not post something constructive instead of picking a fight over some post you misinterpreted (read back why don't you). What sets can you confirm are still good and on dvd9 please? You have to have bought them in the past 4 months cause thats when the complaints began.

Yeah and HBK just lay off Guts he is just being honest. He really isn?t the only one who is still concerned about MACs quality because I know I am. The bottom line is that no one wants to buy something and than find out it?s beyond horrible. NO ONE expects perfect quality from these sets but there?s still a certain level that should be expected because it?s not free it does cost $ so anyone who knows what sets are alright I too would like to know. Guts you really didn?t do anything wrong.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Yeah and HBK just lay off Guts he is just being honest. He really isn?t the only one who is still concerned about MACs quality because I know I am. The bottom line is that no one wants to buy something and than find out it?s beyond horrible. NO ONE expects perfect quality from these sets but there?s still a certain level that should be expected because it?s not free it does cost $ so anyone who knows what sets are alright I too would like to know. Guts you really didn?t do anything wrong.
You buy MAC or not is none of anyone's business, but don't go around posting here asking to make a list of rival stores. There are proper places to do that such as arcticnight.

And elcoholic, this argument is not about MAC. I don't care if guts buy MAC or not. That's not the issue. It's obvious he's not going to buy it, so he wants to make a list of other places HERE. If you don't see anything wrong with that logic, you are blind.
I see your point. But there have been many threads like this (atleast once a month) and the mods have said that there's no problem with asking for stores that carry titles that IA doesn't. I think that its a concious decission that threads like this are allowed here. If they would forbid it they would have to carry every HKDVD there is but since they know they don't have a complete selection I think its awesome they give us the opportnity to share experiences of other stores. Banning it would not do the forum any good and it would look like they are arogant and think they are the best store there is (which they are ofcourse). Its also a sign of confidence in your own business, they show they are not scared of the competition by allowing this. Though I would fully understand if they wouldn't want it anymore, aslong as mods/admin says its ok its ok for me too.

I think your reacting a litle harsh towards Guts and I don't believe he made this thread to hurt JJ's business. I really think you misinterpreted what he was asking for.
No. There's never been a thread like this. It's usually like: "how's Acme store?" "Is Acme store reliable?" "I got ripped off from acme store"

But making a long list of all the rival places as a reference to everybody? And these are store that do carry titles that IA carries. That's gone too far. I am sure HK dvd sellers took a huge hit when FX went down. IA can't be an exception.

MOre importantly, it's a matter of common courtesy.
I dont think this offends anyone, but then i might be wrong. Ive only delt with 3 places for HK stuff -
1.)Anime----s 2.) Importanime and 3.) 695anime -( very very very slow - only if you have extreme patience- which I dont have )- still think Importanime is the best place to buy your anime, but at the present time the selection they have sucks- and Ive been burned by Macs recent poor quality and am afraid to buy more from them, because their going down the shitter fast, and their rips of other rips which increases problems( mostly FX -I think ? ) I also have bought many R1's - believe it or not , there not all perfect either- some of them have minor pixilation etc- Im starting to believe that many times when you see a problem, the original may of had the same or similar problem ! I do like Rightstuf for r1's , sometimes they have fantastic prices , and on a few titles better that HK ( hard to believe but true ) Ive also delt with ADV - their recent sale was fantastic ( grabbed nadescio - great price ) who else sells HK at fantastic prices , Im looking for someone who carries the newer titles , great prices and good service- . :confused:
puzzleguy Wrote:I dont think this offends anyone, but then i might be wrong. Ive only delt with 3 places for HK stuff -
1.)Anime----s 2.) Importanime and 3.) 695anime -( very very very slow - only if you have extreme patience- which I dont have )- still think Importanime is the best place to buy your anime, but at the present time the selection they have sucks- and Ive been burned by Macs recent poor quality and am afraid to buy more from them, because their going down the shitter fast, and their rips of other rips which increases problems( mostly FX -I think ? ) I also have bought many R1's - believe it or not , there not all perfect either- some of them have minor pixilation etc- Im starting to believe that many times when you see a problem, the original may of had the same or similar problem ! I do like Rightstuf for r1's , sometimes they have fantastic prices , and on a few titles better that HK ( hard to believe but true ) Ive also delt with ADV - their recent sale was fantastic ( grabbed nadescio - great price ) who else sells HK at fantastic prices , Im looking for someone who carries the newer titles , great prices and good service- . :confused:

The items currently instock don't suck, I think JJ has suppliers that only provide him with MAC/AS/AC-MAC items. If he had some MI resources/suppliers, that would benefit the store a whole lot. And also some of the sets made by MAC would be replaced with MI (who usually does DVD9 for their anime tv series boxsets. MI uses dvd-5 only for stuff like tv specials, movies, 13 episode 3 dvd boxsets, and in some 2 dvd boxsets.
[Image: top_1.jpg]
~Romance in the Scent of Summer~