ADV Layoffs
Did he seriously call this "the downfall of their company"?

Maybe they're just making operations more efficient so they can make their prices even more thoroughly reasonable than they already are.

..and Zag, don't worry about moving this thread... just ban LE every time ADV comes up in one of his posts and there won't be any flaming ever again.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
r00ster Wrote:Did he seriously call this "the downfall of their company"?

Maybe they're just making operations more efficient so they can make their prices even more thoroughly reasonable than they already are.

..and Zag, don't worry about moving this thread... just ban LE every time ADV comes up in one of his posts and there won't be any flaming ever again.

There would be a lot of bans that's for sure...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Oy..he..er..it..

Would be, Permabanned. And everyone would live happily ever after. <3
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
Do you think that this trouble will affect smaller companies more? Maybe even closing them down? Might be time to support R1s more.
Well from what I know is that ADV pays their employees a little bit more then their janitors. Rolleyes Anyways just look at Tokyopop they are blowing up as far as manga is concerned. If you see how fast Tokyopop manga sells you would lay off people too. I have nothing against ADV's video releases. Anime is a though industry where it's all fun and games till someone loses their job.
tsunami Wrote:Well from what I know is that ADV pays their employees a little bit more then their janitors. Rolleyes

How do you know how much ADV pays their employees?

Not to brag or anything, but I've spoken with some of the ADV VA's alot more than any of you have, and they have never had a negative thing to say about the company.

The bragging part comes in 4 weeks. Be sure to check that thread when I post it LE.
Last Exile Wrote:thought some of you would like to hear some news about your favorite company. They must be doing so well Rolleyes

What's your point? Have you learned nothing from running your own Kool Aid stand?

Did you start a thread when Microsoft or Macy's or any other company laid people off?
wtf people get laid off...
companies make loses etc...who cares
shit happens...

you shouldnt be making fun of it LE coz peoples livelihoods are concerned...
how would you like it when your fat ass gets laid off that we rub it in...
oh actualy your used to being a whipping boy
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Vicious Wrote:Not to brag or anything, but I've spoken with some of the ADV VA's alot more than any of you have, and they have never had a negative thing to say about the company.

The bragging part comes in 4 weeks. Be sure to check that thread when I post it LE.

I don't think she's talking about the VA's since I don't think they are full employees are they? (as in only allowed to work for ADV and a monthly pay check). I think they have a contract and to bind someone to your company you'll have to pay more than others do so I'd expect them to get a nice check (as they deserve it IMO).

He man, you've been bragging for 3 weeks about this 'thing'. Either shut up for 4 more weeks or tell us now Wink
Viscious: I said from what I know. I should have said from what I've been told. Anyways that's what I've been told and I am pretty sure they do pay their employees well. Then again when I complained about something on a survey at my last job they fired me cause everyone else hadn't complained about something.
elcoholic Wrote:He man, you've been bragging for 3 weeks about this 'thing'. Either shut up for 4 more weeks or tell us now Wink

Big Grin

Tsunami, your job can't fire you for something like that.
tsunami Wrote:Viscious: I said from what I know. I should have said from what I've been told. Anyways that's what I've been told and I am pretty sure they do pay their employees well. Then again when I complained about something on a survey at my last job they fired me cause everyone else hadn't complained about something.

One, if you can't post a source you don't know jack. Two, ditto on what Vicious said. If that were the case you'd be able to sue your company. Maybe they fired you for making up facts in the survey. :p
some more great ADV news :

ADV Consolidates Studios
ADV Films has closed their Monster Island dubbing studio and consolidated their recording projects under one studio name, "ADV Studios." ADV previously had two distinct recording studios, Monster Island in Ft, Worth and Industrial Smoke and Mirrors in Houston, employing as many as 12 or more ADR directors between them.

well it seems ADV is going down like i said well i guess you wont believe me till its all over so just wait a few months then i can laugh at all you ADV lovers. i hate to tell you i told you so but hey its going to be so fun.

its weird the downfall of hk anime then the fall of R1 its funny really cause the only people that bought adv titles were some of you and the HK companies to make copies. i cant stop laughing !

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Last Exile, I have been patient with you.. but i am totally annoyed with your hate of ADV.. Everyone company will downsize because they grew too fast.. This is normal in the industry.. All companys do this.. So you telling me that Ford, GM, Dodge they can downsize plants and lay off people and this signals they are collapsing? I don't think so.. ADV is not going under. if you wish to truely do some good.. pull up finascial records.. find out what there estamated quarterly income was and then looking at what they really pulled.. If it was higher or lower. All companys go through a restructuring process. So knock this shit off i don't want to see another post about your stupid Alligations of the Downfall of a company you couldn't get hired for..
Last Exile Wrote:some more great ADV news :

ADV Consolidates Studios
ADV Films has closed their Monster Island dubbing studio and consolidated their recording projects under one studio name, "ADV Studios." ADV previously had two distinct recording studios, Monster Island in Ft, Worth and Industrial Smoke and Mirrors in Houston, employing as many as 12 or more ADR directors between them.

well it seems ADV is going down like i said well i guess you wont believe me till its all over so just wait a few months then i can laugh at all you ADV lovers. i hate to tell you i told you so but hey its going to be so fun.

its weird the downfall of hk anime then the fall of R1 its funny really cause the only people that bought adv titles were some of you and the HK companies to make copies. i cant stop laughing !

-LE

:p :p :p

What a nimrod. Next time someone asks me how stupid can a person get i'm going to give them a link to these forums and tell them to search for posts made by Last Exile. I'm really not sure if LE is this stupid or if he just likes to annoy people in a way that won't get him banned. I still think the poor little boy is crying 'cuz the evil ADV people wouldn't hire him. Everyone sees it LE. Stop denying it and just shut your pie hole.