Import Anime Forums

Full Version: ADV Layoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
thought some of you would like to hear some news about your favorite company. They must be doing so well Rolleyes

---------------
Publisher's Weekly has confirmed news about layoffs at AD Vision. According to Publishers Weekly, as many as 40 people have been laid off, with "perhaps" 25 from the manga division. ADV declined to give details, but confirmed that the layoffs happened.

With the anime and manga markets reaching the saturation point, ADV has adjusted its release schedule to slow down the number of products they put to market. In 2005, ADV will release about 50 manga titles, down from 80 in 2004, and they will focus on titles for which they own both the anime and the manga license.
---------------

So what happens when comapnies start slowing down and start getting rid of people.... :confused:

MORE ADV NEWS 03/2/05

ADV Consolidates Studios
ADV Films has closed their Monster Island dubbing studio and consolidated their recording projects under one studio name, "ADV Studios." ADV previously had two distinct recording studios, Monster Island in Ft, Worth and Industrial Smoke and Mirrors in Houston, employing as many as 12 or more ADR directors between them

-LE
Do you -ever- give up . . . ?

Figuires you'd be the one to post this. Well, besides that..That kind of sucvks, but I doubt it will have any major, visible effect towards veiwers.
Last Exile Wrote:thought some of you would like to hear some news about your favorite company. They must be doing so well Rolleyes

---------------
Publisher's Weekly has confirmed news about layoffs at AD Vision. According to Publishers Weekly, as many as 40 people have been laid off, with "perhaps" 25 from the manga division. ADV declined to give details, but confirmed that the layoffs happened.

With the anime and manga markets reaching the saturation point, ADV has adjusted its release schedule to slow down the number of products they put to market. In 2005, ADV will release about 50 manga titles, down from 80 in 2004, and they will focus on titles for which they own both the anime and the manga license.
---------------

So what happens when comapnies start slowing down and start getting rid of people.... :confused:

-LE
Wow! As many as 40 people?! My god, what will ADV do Rolleyes ?!
Last Exile Wrote:thought some of you would like to hear some news about your favorite company. They must be doing so well Rolleyes

---------------

---------------

-LE

I seem to be saying things like this a lot today...

Shut your cake-hole.

In all seriousness... at least your chances of actually getting a job with ADV have just increased by 40 people!
r00ster Wrote:In all seriousness... at least your chances of actually getting a job with ADV have just increased by 40 people!
uh, no....they were laid off for a reason, therefore I doubt there's plans to replace them...
sorry to if I sound like an ass, just pointing that out though Tongue
Batz Kage Wrote:uh, no....they were laid off for a reason, therefore I doubt there's plans to replace them...
sorry to if I sound like an ass, just pointing that out though Tongue

Shhhh... he's not smart enough to figure that out on his own. Give the poor boy some hope.
Dur i dont like ADV im glad to post the downfall of their company.
i also for got to state all the sales ADV has been having thats a sign as well that they are going down with all the crap that comes from there company.

-LE
r00ster Wrote:Shhhh... he's not smart enough to figure that out on his own. Give the poor boy some hope.
LOL.... Big Grin that caught me off guard :p
now boys... do I have to move this thread over to the Flame Forum.
I know it hasn't been seeing much action lately but I kind of like things like that.

And laying people off isn't always a sign of a company on the ropes. Sometimes they just expand a little too quickly and management realizes this and makes appropriate adjustments.
The fact that you really think ADV is going down because they are letting a whole 40 people go only shows how much you baselessly hate the company and nothing more. You still have no reason to hate ADV other than the fact that they made you cry when they didn't hire you. Oh and you claim that you (and only you... what does that say...?) think all the voice actors suck because they sound the same. Smart boy. Go find mommy upstairs and cry some more on her shoulder - maybe she'll feel sorry they didn't hire you. Probably not.

Zagatto Wrote:now boys... do I have to move this thread over to the Flame Forum.

Please do. I had to rewrite that first sentence 3 times so I wouldn't get banned. I'd really like to state it one of the previous two.
Zagatto Wrote:now boys... do I have to move this thread over to the Flame Forum.
I know it hasn't been seeing much action lately but I kind of like things like that.
No need Zagatto my good man, I only like playing around with these little boys, it's nothing serious...

That was a bad pedophilia joke..

I must admit though, when he started this thread he should have known, although he felt he was proving a point of his, that he would in turn, get blasted for it..
r00ster Wrote:Shhhh... he's not smart enough to figure that out on his own. Give the poor boy some hope.
If they're getting rid of people, there's no way that they would hire trash they didn't want to begin with...

And LE, all of your bitching about ADV is really starting to get on my nerves.
onizuka17711 Wrote:If they're getting rid of people, there's no way that they would hire trash they didn't want to begin with...

And LE, all of your bitching about ADV is really starting to get on my nerves.

Yeah I didnt care at first but now it's becoming annoying. Everyone knows you hate ADV and it's getting old...
Last Exile Wrote:With the anime and manga markets reaching the saturation point,
-LE

I wonder what they mean by this? I don't believe anime has reached the peak of its posible popularity in the west. Not with shows like naruto and one piece comming here.
It means there are so many anime shows being released that it's getting harder to sell it. There are only so many buyers with so much money, and the more products out there the less anime sells simply because there is so much to sell. This problem is much worse in Japan than it is here. I wouldn't worry about it though. Unless by some near impossible chance that the anime market goes the way of the atari market it shouldn't matter much. =P

P.S. if anime went the way of the anime market we'd all be able to buy all the R1's for probably below HK prices so it probably wouldn't be such a bad thing heheh.
Pages: 1 2 3 4