Gantz?
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I know it can be bought for much less than $17.98 but since those prices vary a lot I decided to go with the list price. Besides, no matter how much you pay for Gantz the truth is ADV is going to make a lot more money selling 13 dvds than 6!

Actually.. the standard price I've seen is $13 a volume, which is only $169 for the whole series... which isn't really that bad for 26 episodes on a per-volume release basis. I don't think the strategy was to make more money... if that was the case, they'd charge the standard 4-5 episode price for a 2-3 episode volume.

Heck, they were selling volume 1 + box for $17 Canadian at HMV, which is known amongst Canadians as having the most ridiculously inflated price in the universe... so I'm sure you could even score the show cheaper than $169 total, when it's all said and done.

...although, LE might have something different to say about that, as he's the expert on everything ADV. Maybe ask him.

From what I've watched, it's worth buckling down and waiting through 13 volumes for... the first volume is -very- unapologetically violent, but -very- stylish... with a soundtrack to kill for.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
As you can see here: http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Vol...itle=Gantz and here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...d&n=507846 $17.98 really is the list price, which doesn't mean it can't be sold for less.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
well i downloaded the first episode and it is actually pretty cool. it was in japanes mind you, so it was probably censored (i heard it was heavily censored in japan). the only real violence i saw in the first episode was when they get hit by the train and the heads fly off... the rape scene as r00ster said was more implied than anything (i dont remember actually seeing anything, just hearing the girl screaming...)
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
Right now im watching Kino's Journey and i have only 2 eps left and it's been excellent.

i would pick that up if i wore you i mean it's both deep with a twist and some comedy. And it's very unique.

It's not for everyone but i think it's for most people i mean unless you only like anime like chobits or tenchi.
Cyrus
Andromeda18_ Wrote:As you can see here: http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Vol...itle=Gantz and here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...d&n=507846 $17.98 really is the list price, which doesn't mean it can't be sold for less.

Yeah, I'm just saying you'd be dumb to buy it at the list price... as everyone and their dog is selling them for $13 USD.

I've also found that "mature" rated (TVMA or whatever it is) anime tends to have higher list prices than more accessible anime... likely because the market is much smaller... or maybe just because people pay more for explicit sex and violence. So, it really isn't anything new to have the list price of Gantz higher than your standard anime fair.

It's really 13 volumes? I thought it was only 11 episodes from what I read! Then again that was "Gantz: First Stage" and I'm assuming that ADV is probably going to release the entire series? Seems very unlike ADV to release something with such a ridiculous increment...maybe Geneon would though. Hmm..I saw it for 14.99..and that is pretty cheap..hmm..

This is probably the first time I heard something in Japan being uncensored here. It sounds interesting then again..I don't know if I have the stomach for it.. :confused: How anybody seen the first volume, how "Bad" is it?
That's right, I perfer to watch everything dubbed...except for Love Hina...and live action movies/series....
Dustball Wrote:It's really 13 volumes? I thought it was only 11 episodes from what I read! Then again that was "Gantz: First Stage" and I'm assuming that ADV is probably going to release the entire series? Seems very unlike ADV to release something with such a ridiculous increment...maybe Geneon would though. Hmm..I saw it for 14.99..and that is pretty cheap..hmm..

This is probably the first time I heard something in Japan being uncensored here. It sounds interesting then again..I don't know if I have the stomach for it.. :confused: How anybody seen the first volume, how "Bad" is it?

It was 11 episodes when condensed and edited for Japanese television due to violence and sexual content... the -real- unedited series is 13 episodes for first season, and 13 for second... so yes, ADV is releasing both seasons.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gantz Perfect Collection DUDE! 4 3,163 09-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Last Post: animeshop
  Gantz Season 1 thinpack Hotsuma 15 6,827 03-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Last Post: snowboarder
  Gantz HKDVD bignev44 4 2,587 03-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bignev44
  Gantz Cosmicsnail 7 3,402 08-20-2004, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Cosmicsnail