Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gantz?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey peoples,
i am looking for opinions on GANTZ. I am considering buying it but i want to hear peoples opinons on it first... thanks in advance Smile
I'm quite interested in Gantz as well. I watched the trailer and it seemed very interesting, so much so I've already ordered the manga (which also seems very interesting). I just hate the fact that there are only 2 episodes per dvd, even if each dvd only costs $17.98. What's worse is that on Anime News Network it's stated the whole series will be composed of 13 dvds, meaning every dvd will have only 2 episodes! It's only 26 episodes long why so many dvds?! ADV usually puts a 26 episode series in 6 dvds (which, imo, is great), costing each $29.98 (6 * 29.98 = 179.88), these series will be in 13 dvds (13 * 17.98 = 233.74)!
ya the fact about the 13 dvds is a real pissoff.... but im thinking of getting the first two from ebay for $37 cnd here
so im sorta wondering a) is it worth it? and b) what is the gore/ sex factor like? cause i really dont want my mom walking in my room and flipping out on me lol. that would not be good Sad
As you can read here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...hp?id=3641
it's classified as "Mature (May contain sex, drugs, and extreme graphic violence)". The plot for the anime is exactly like the plot for the manga and since the manga is seinen (aimed at adults) the anime probably is too. Hey, just watch it at night while your mom's asleep. Wink
well i have seen elfen lied and ninja scroll... so i doubt it would be worse than those two... so meh... i probably will order it..
btw: watching it at night is an excellent idea lol :p
Haven't seen it, but I was told that the first disc has a pu$$y licking dog in it. :eek:
hmm... pu$$y lickin dog eh.... Rolleyes
vegeta76 Wrote:hmm... pu$$y lickin dog eh.... Rolleyes

I was being dead serious.
wow.... in that case... ill probably go and downlad an episode before i buy it lol..
what about kiddy grade? anyone seen that?
Vicious Wrote:Haven't seen it, but I was told that the first disc has a pu$$y licking dog in it. :eek:

Like I said, it's aimed at adults.

I've seen Kiddy Grade. It's okay but not great. The first 12 episodes are very self contained but afterwards the story picks up and becomes rather interesting. You can watch this one without worrying about your mom. :p
what is a series you would recommend?
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I'm quite interested in Gantz as well. I watched the trailer and it seemed very interesting, so much so I've already ordered the manga (which also seems very interesting). I just hate the fact that there are only 2 episodes per dvd, even if each dvd only costs $17.98. What's worse is that on Anime News Network it's stated the whole series will be composed of 13 dvds, meaning every dvd will have only 2 episodes! It's only 26 episodes long why so many dvds?! ADV usually puts a 26 episode series in 6 dvds (which, imo, is great), costing each $29.98 (6 * 29.98 = 179.88), these series will be in 13 dvds (13 * 17.98 = 233.74)!

Deep Discount has them for $10.79 a disk... Best Buy had them for like $12.99 a disk... but even still... 13 disks at $11 a disk = $143 for 26 episodes... shrug... not bad I guess, I paid close to $120 for 13 episodes of Figure 17...6 disks then stupidly traded them... laugh... then picked up the set for $40 again in a collection... should of waited in the first place... laugh...
Was gonna say best buy will probably have them way cheaper, but was beat to it. And was told by r00ster the first episode opens with a woman being brutally raped by some men followed by the dog having a go at her. So, if you think this isn't worse than ninja scroll you should stay far far away from it. There was like 5 seconds of a guy ripping a chicks shirt off in ninja scroll. Not exactly a real terrible scene there.
After having seen the first two episodes... it's not as bad as it was made out to be. The rape scene is no where near as explicit as Ninja Scroll's attempted rape... and is mostly implied. The dog scene doesn't actually happen until the 2nd dvd... and is just... weird... and everyone kind of shrugs it off and goes on with the show.
vegeta76 Wrote:what is a series you would recommend?

It's hard to recommend something because I don't know what you have and haven't watched and you might not even like the same things I do.

Cidien Wrote:Was gonna say best buy will probably have them way cheaper, but was beat to it.

I know it can be bought for much less than $17.98 but since those prices vary a lot I decided to go with the list price. Besides, no matter how much you pay for Gantz the truth is ADV is going to make a lot more money selling 13 dvds than 6!
Pages: 1 2