Huge ADV sale!
Here's the latest as posted by their Online MArketing Manager:

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick note that this sale has exceeding our expectations. We're pretty much sold out on everything at this point. The page is being reworked to reflect what's left on sale.

You guys wiped us out, so only a few items are left.

We've had a few issues come up, so I'm going to address them here.

Orders that only got charged shipping: Most of these were canceled because the items didn't get linked with the order. If you were charged a refund will be showing up on your card. If your order is canceled or refunded, you'll get an email explaining this.

If an item went out of stock before your order was finalized, you won't be charged for the item and a refund will be put on your card to reflect this.

At this point, our customer service department is swamped with calls. The best way to get a response is to send an email at this point. All emails coming in are printed out and handled in the order they came in.

Due to the high volume of orders, processing time is now up to a week to get the order ready. If you want a tracking number, please email for it. Expect a delay because the processing time is a bit longer than usual.

Please be patient with our customer service folks. They are doing the best they can with the volume of orders they are dealing with. I will do my best to answer your questions here or through PMs.

thanks!
Well I guess we now know if they lower their prices they will get a ton more sales. :p
Luckily I didn't order anything from this sale. My 2 friends just got their orders.
Friend 1:
Out of the 15 dvds he ordered, he only received 8 but ADV charged for 15 dvds. On the packing/order list, there are no indications that the other 7 dvds are backordered. The 8 dvds he received, all of them have their UPCs cut, broken dvd holders/teeth and all 7 are badly scratched.

Friend 2:
Eden's Bowy 1-6: Only got 3,4,5, the rest, not in box. No indications that they are backordered. UPCs all marked, not sealed.
Aura Battler Dunbine: 1-11 + 2 Artboxes: Both artboxes are crushed. BUT delivery box was in perfect condition! Broken dvd teeth/holders, hence 6 out of 11 DVDs are scratched up.
Angelic Layer 1-6 + Artbox: Artbox crushed and shrink wrapped half gone. Did not get 2 and 6. Mangled inserts, none of them are sealed. UPCs marked.

Heheh got bitched by them coz I was the one who told them that ADV having sale. Felt kind of bad coz the DVDs are not exchangeable, returnable, refundable. Well, not my fault coz during the first few days, ADV didn't put those terms/conditions up and didn't state that the dvds were returns from retailers etc.
i think right now ADV is trying to do some serious damage control....
the issue about the slashed/marked/annihilated upc codes and the crushed art boxes surfaced a few days ago on the AOD forums. someone then pointed out the disclaimer at the bottom of the page...

"Products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, the bar codes may be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without any packaging. ADV warrants title only, and offers no other warranty expressed or implied, as to condition, merchantability, or use of any product. Products sold AS-IS. All sales final. "

unfortunatley for the folks at ADV the disclaimer was posted AFTER all (or at least the majority) of the orders had gone through. it just went up this tuesday i believe! many people on AOD are making an effort to either do a chargeback with their credit card companies or are busy trying to get something done through ADV's customer service.

Their customer service rep allen said this:

"All right, to sum up in one message what has happened here.

All items on the sale were overstock/cut out items. Many were returns from other outlets/retailers back to our warehouse. Condition was varied in terms of how the UPC codes were marked.

For future sales, I will be making sure that all of this information is up front. All I can do at this point is offer my apologies.

If you are unsatisfied, please send an email to [email protected]

Please give it some time as they are still working through all sale orders from the last couple of weeks. If that doesn't work for you, PM me and I'll do what I can from my end.

Again, my apologies for not popping in yesterday. I should have just said I was looking into it, and not left you guys hanging. "

Im pretty sure that the upc slashing was done at thier warehouse but i may be wrong as this message does not really confirm a whole lot as to what they are actually going to do about this whole issue.

EDIT: just a note: this is a pic taken by a guy on the AOD forums of his/her order: click here
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
NOOO!!! >< x !!

I have no money, just spent all on new computer.
Wow... how dare they!

This is gonna go down in the annals of otaku bitching history! :p
Ugh, thats terrible, I'm glad my parents wouldn't let me use their credit cards for it. Big Grin

ADV never struck me as amazing. I mean, they sell DVDs for prices of 7.00 at local stores, but they have no extras at all (Chance Pop Session was supposed to come with a big ass booklet, or somethign of the sort, and it never did) SO yeah. I'll try and avoid buying from ADV directly from the site now. Its Amazon pour moi. ^^
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
katherine_jean Wrote:Its Amazon pour moi. ^^

As r00ster pointed out to me at some point Mangadepot
on ebay is another good place to buy anime
vegeta76 Wrote:As r00ster pointed out to me at some point Mangadepot
on ebay is another good place to buy anime
Hmm, good stuff.

I'm assuming you're canadian, because of the link.
So, if you have a local Coles/Chapters or CD Plus/Radio Land then you can order alot of anime from CD Plus and Manga from Coles. Without credit card usage. It's pretty good. Can't say all the pricing is reasonable, but you're getting good deals on alot of things.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca for Coles/Chapters
http://www.cdplus.com for Radio Land/CD Plus
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
Made By Blight ^
ya im canadian. i actually live in toronto which makes Mangadepot a pretty good choice. Big Grin
vegeta76 Wrote:ya im canadian. i actually live in toronto which makes Mangadepot a pretty good choice. Big Grin
Oooh...Lucky, I want to go to Toronto, probably will be next summer (If I can acually save up that money, and find someone to go with)

Ever hear of Antigonish? We are, "The Highland Heart of Nova Scotia" Holder of the annual, famous, Highland Games.

... Stupid town. XO
Made By Blight ^
katherine_jean Wrote:Ever hear of Antigonish? We are, "The Highland Heart of Nova Scotia" Holder of the annual, famous, Highland Games.

... Stupid town. XO

nope.. cant say i have. didn't u say they had that place on martin mystery but u were all kilt wearing peoples? or is that something i dreamed up as a result of this huge headache i have atm....
vegeta76 Wrote:nope.. cant say i have. didn't u say they had that place on martin mystery but u were all kilt wearing peoples? or is that something i dreamed up as a result of this huge headache i have atm....
I must have mentioned it before, yes.
That was freaken terrible, we're not THAT rural. :mad:
And, I've only seen a couple people wear kilts out of the highland games, and that was at the Semi Formal. (thats unfortunate, cause guys in kilts are suprisingly hawt)
I wasnt as mad at Martin Mystery after I caught a glimpse of Newfoundland, Gotta love dem newphies Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
They where iced over, and it was in summer... not to mention it was all fishermen. Its funny, because alot of Newfoundland is pretty Urban, well..more urban than that. >_>
Made By Blight ^
katherine_jean Wrote:Gotta love dem newphies Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

newphies are awsome :p
have u ever seen "this hour has 22 minutes"? those guys are hillarious. and with the exception of 1 i think they are all newphies Big Grin
vegeta76 Wrote:newphies are awsome :p
have u ever seen "this hour has 22 minutes"? those guys are hillarious. and with the exception of 1 i think they are all newphies Big Grin
That show is too good, used to watch it on my CBC channel..till my cable decided it didnt like me.

Get this though . . .
My father is a pulp wood contractor, and all of his emplyees are Newphies. Who give us free lobster! Big Grin They also invited me to live with them, over in the good old land of Newfoundland. I politely declined (well, actually, it was my parents who declined, not me) They once carved me a table and chair out of wood, those guys rock.
Made By Blight ^