actually good ps2 rpgs
suikoden 4
final fantasy 10
kingdom hearts
maybe just maybe star ocean 3 (everything but story was great)
arc the lad 4
and shadow hearts 1 was pretty good

feel free to add on cus i have played most and those are the only ones i can think of
I've not played Suikoden 4 yet, but I have ordered it, so I should get it soon. I'd stay away from Final Fantasy 10 and Kingdom hearts. Star Ocean..is...decent..has its moments, does a few nice things, but overall is just too lacking to be great.

Xenosaga is a great game, I've pre-ordered part 2. I quite Liked Wild Arms 3, but its not for everyone. Suikoden 3 was good to a certain point, but compared to previous Suikoden games it was not great, but worth a play maybe. There are quite a few RPG's just recently out of comming out soon that people might want to check out, I've not played them yet so I can't judge the quality but I have heard good things.

Growlanser Generations
Xenosaga 2
Suikoden 4
Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Taisen
Wild Arms: Alter Code F

All of these are probably worth a look for any serious RPG fans.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Breath of Fire 4 - Dragon Quarter

Only one I can think of at the moment that has'nt been mentioned
"It is not the destination that counts its how you get there"

[Image: ngebanner02.jpg]
I've found that almost all the rpgs are on the ps2 are good. Then again, it takes ALOT for me to dislike an rpg. The only ones i've actually DISLIKED were ephermal phantasia (SUCKS BIG TIME!), and pretty much any of the US made ones (like the Summoner series)

Here's my opinions on the others. I'm sure i'll forget some, because i have played them all. But i don't own them all

-BOFV: Dragon Quarter (DQ is part 5 not 4 :p )
-The Shadow Hearts series (2 is better then 1, but 1 still rocks)
-Final Fantasy X and X-2 (both quite enjoyable)
-Shin Megami Tensei (awesome game, but there wasn't much story)
-The Xenosaga series (ALOT of story n_n)
-Wild Arms 3 (amazing setting, oldschool gameplay)
-The Suikoden series (these fall under the 'decent' category. 4 was MUCH better then 3)
-Tsugunai (great soundtrack and unique idea. but the game was dull at times)

I usually don't put 'action rpgs' or 'strategy rpgs' under the same category. So that leaves ALOT of games off the list.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
i had breath of fire 5 dragon quarter and it was dissapointing the whole gotta replay res evil kinda thing was pretty bad cus a timed rpg is weak unless you can put many hours into a rpg it's pretty bad but the real problem i had with it is that it was way worse then the other breat of fire games. i did like xenosaga except i can't own something that doesen't conclude for another 7 years Tongue i wanted to try growlancer and phantom brave they both seemed pretty cool final fantasy x 2 is by far the worst final fantasy that square has ever made just because of it's complete lack of story and imagination but i guess it was their first attempt at that kinda rpg. im really hoping for a parasite eve 3 though

so hopefully that comes out and kingdom hearts 2 could be cool

but lets be serious here final fantasy was weak with battle and pretty bad with some other things too but had a stellar story and ff x2 was strong in most points but has like 3% story.

Although kingdom hearts was pretty fun it was cheesy being as it is disney but it was creative hopefully the next one will be a lot better.

im just waiting for lufia to hit ps3 if that happens i will be very happy i played the third one on gba and it was awesome maybe as good as the second on snes.
The only one you NEED to play is Dragon Quest VIII. The game is flawless.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Star Ocean 3 was, eh, decent I guess.
FFX I'd suggest only if you want to brag about playing a large number of FF games, as for my opinion, it sucked major balls; the story was almost decent, but it fell entirely short compared to all the other FF, well all but
FFX-2, which actually tended to be even dumber than X, although I guess I'm baised seeing as how you probably shouldn't play it less you're looking to further the stroy from 10.
Suikoden 4: nice enough.

Personality I'd have to say my favorite is Grandia 2.
Although it's been a while since I've played it (FFX-2) I think they barrowed a LOT from the battle system.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Good point. FFX-2 IS useless, unless you plan on getting more out of X's story. I personally thought they both had really well done stories. X especially had some fantastic character development. Then again, they just felt fresh and new compared to the overplayed rest of the series. Which in all honesty, i don't think i could EVER play FF7 again. I'm actually sick of that game.

Star Ocean 3's major fault was the HORRID plot twist around the end of the game. When it happened, i was like "WTF?". And not in a good way.

As for the Dragon Quarter disliking further above. That's the POINT of the game, is the whole dying and having to play again. If that wasn't in there, the game would only be 4 hours. But the insane amount of replay value, and how the game just gets better every time you beat it is crazy. Not to mention, it's the ONLY BOF game i've ever been able to really stomach. Cause seriously, the series isn't that special (i've never beat 1 and 2... i beat 3 and would never touch it again... and part 4 was decent)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Shadow Hearts
Kingdom Hearts
Grandia 2
Tales of Symphonia
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Shadow Hearts
Kingdom Hearts
Grandia 2
Tales of Symphonia
Three slight comments there:
FF7 is PSOne
And to have Tales of Symphonia on PS2 you'd have to import from my understanding (just adding that before someone starts asking why they haven't seen it in stores).
Also, it's good to see someone else list Grandia 2 Big Grin.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Well..

Suikoden 3, 4
FF X
FFX2
Xenosaga

Wish this was broadened to PS1. I'd have a much better and bigger list.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
LOL! If ps1 was included, i could probably go on for pages on all the various ones.
does anyone know if a parasite eve 3 is being made i heard it was.

i love the first game and the second is awesome too the live action movie i didn't really like all that much but it was really strange to me but my friend loved to so all in all it's still up there in cool rpg like stuff.

just on a side note honestly does anyone like the game beyond the beyond cus i mean i hate that game with such a passion i remember i almost stopped playing rpg's
Grandia 2
Xenosaga
Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts

I also thought Dark Cloud was kind of fun if the story wasn't great.
Even Buddha can only be tried so far! - Yakuza saying
Batz Kage Wrote:Three slight comments there:
FF7 is PSOne
And to have Tales of Symphonia on PS2 you'd have to import from my understanding (just adding that before someone starts asking why they haven't seen it in stores).
Also, it's good to see someone else list Grandia 2 Big Grin.

Lol! You're right! I only noticed it later. FF7 is my favourite game and I always tend to mention it and since I played Tales of symphonia very recently it's still fresh in my mind. :p
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]