actually good ps2 rpgs
Cyrus Wrote:does anyone know if a parasite eve 3 is being made i heard it was.

i love the first game and the second is awesome too the live action movie i didn't really like all that much but it was really strange to me but my friend loved to so all in all it's still up there in cool rpg like stuff.

just on a side note honestly does anyone like the game beyond the beyond cus i mean i hate that game with such a passion i remember i almost stopped playing rpg's

According to early rumors. It was actually gonna be a remake of PE1, not a part 3.

The movie was pretty enjoyable, but i believe its based more on the book (which is where the whole idea and story came from). I bet to people who read the book first, the game must have seemed weird.

And you're not alone. Beyond the Beyond is one of THE worst rpgs ever created on this earth. I still can't believe that i at one time owned it, AND actually beat it X___X
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
The .Hack games are the only ones I can think of that haven?t been mentioned.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:The .Hack games are the only ones I can think of that haven?t been mentioned.
There's a reason for that; least to me there is.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:There's a reason for that; least to me there is.

Meh I liked em
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Meh I liked em

So did I .
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Grandia Xtreme (rare game to get these days)
[Image: bl453.png]
My absolute favorite RPGs on the PS2 are the .hacks.

I have purchased all four on their days of release, and will never give them up... One because the kick ass, and are in mint condition... And I know if I traded them in at work some snot-nosed punk would buy them and scratch them all up... And two because I looked on the computer at my work, and the trade-in value is crap... Like nine bucks is the most you get, and that's for part four.

Tsugunai, I saw someone else mention... Wow, I thought I was like the only person EVAR who played it. I thought it was pretty crappy. I didn't like any aspects of it.

Shadow Hearts 1 rocked, but not my style RPG....

Kingdom Hearts will forever have a place in my heart...

OT:

Katamari Damacy, Gungrave, and Gungrave OD all deserve honorable mentions even though they aren't RPGs. They all rock as well.
i have the first gungrave and if anyone wants to trade me for it they can go ahead

I hate that game it is so pointless and repitive i mean if your into those shoot em up games like devil may cry and stuff then i guess it's cool but........

lol my devil may cry 2 game is up for trade too Tongue
Cyrus
Interesting. I'm looking forward to Rockstar's Grand Theif Auto.
bawitback Wrote:Interesting. I'm looking forward to Rockstar's Grand Theif Auto.

Hmmm, nope not touching it. (The can?t say anything nice rule.)

But I both hate and love .Hack. The gameplay makes me want to end it all, but the story is a step away from normal conventions and I like the DVD anime parts.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Peter Wrote:Grandia Xtreme (rare game to get these days)

this game was ok...other then the horible voice over by Lisa Loeb--shes a great singer, but leave the acting to the proffessonals! (though any game where the main charactor is mark hamel cant be too bad)

as for good RPGs on the PS2, the closest i can see is Kindom hearts. Although it was nothing more then an illegitimate basterd child of Square Soft and Disney, the game play was pretty fun.....Infact the lack of good RPGs forced my to sell my PS2 and pick up an Xbox, granted there are only 5 RPGs on the Xbox atleast there all good.

--just a shame ill never get to play metal gear solid 3
there are good ps2 rpg's im sure beat most all of them but.... lol yeah i had to go back and get ps1 rpg's i havn't beat yet actually.....
Cyrus
odin0425 Wrote:Infact the lack of good RPGs forced my to sell my PS2 and pick up an Xbox, granted there are only 5 RPGs on the Xbox atleast there all good.

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard, which then again I don't play Xbox games (I think Marrowwind was stupid and Fable was like a billion times overrated, so that leaves you with KOTOR 1 & 2..to bad I don't like star wars.) Yes, take this as a sign of my own ignorance.

odin0425 Wrote:--just a shame ill never get to play metal gear solid 3

Once again, I'll be opinionated: you didn't miss much -_-..
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Yes fable was completely overhyped, but that doesnt mean it wasnt an awesome game. It was the only game that made me want to replay it from the begining right after the end, and if it were a bit longer, and multiplayer (which is wht fable 2 will be) then i would consider it Final Fantasy class

Batz Kage Wrote:I don't like star wars.

oh and by the way, i cant take anyones oppinion seriously if the dont like starwars, and LOTR
i really liked:

suikoden 3 and 4
YS ark of naphistim
star ocean
kingdom hearts (i love disney)
FF X

but you know what, NOTHING beats Suikoden 2