Evolution or Creator
onizuka17711 Wrote:Pretty much, we're trying to settle the old science vs. religion debate. Neither one of us would budge on our beliefs, so we brought it here for discussion.

Hello *waves*

i the great one had the answer :eek: Wink

its BOTH

GOD loves playing with his Chemistry Set Big Grin Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
8 Drunken Stylz Wrote:That's a pretty common misconception used by anti-evolutionists to decry the theory. All it really serves to do is muddy the waters. The best way to classify what humans evolved from is 'ape-men'. At some point, the evolutionary paths split into human and great apes, there after human-ancestors went under massive and, evolutionarily speaking, super fast changes to become modern man. Monkeys branched off long before that. The term 'the missing link' refers to the as of yet undiscovered common ancestor of the earliest human and great ape splits.

Just trying to clear up a coupla points, boss.

8 Drunken Stylz Wrote:Again with the clarity. I've had a look around, the current theory is that Humans haven't evolved since at least 250,000 years ago. Most evolutionary scientists agree that if you were to travel back in time, steal a new born baby and bring it back to the present and raise it in an average American family it would do equally well in school, live to 75 and stand 5'11" tall. The factors that influence all that sort of thing are purely environmental/nutritional/connected to advances in medical science and sanitation.

THANK YOU!!! Someone who actually knows we do not descend from monkeys (we must read the same articles and watch the same documentaries Big Grin )! I was going to tell them that if nobody had done it but I'm glad someone did. At most we could say we're the monkey's cousins. Big Grin
By the way, why did you chose 5'11 when the average height of an American Male is 5'9''?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Why do you know the average hight of an american male? :confused: And we don't even measure in ft. :confused: :confused:

And you know, that ape thing is all details. Go back into time far enough and we all come from the same thing.
balthier Wrote:When is everyone gonna learn not to judge a religion by what idiotic hypocrites (who call themselves christians) do? I'm sure high priests and all them were influenced by the king to bend religion to enforce law. What they did in those days (like enforcing religion and church and worship) was clearly against the bible.

About the 15,000 years ago religion.. well read the bible it states how old everyone is and all the generations. How do you think Judaism was created? It was several prophets over the course of time that compiled it.

They got the concepts from being blessed when doing certain things (good) and being punished when doing certain things (evil). After that I'm sure they thought well something must be behind this. " Because every time I do something that hurts another, something bad happens in return to myself. If I always do something that helps others good things happen in return "

And proof of a greater being is so inevitable. The universe has eternally existed, has limitless ends and you are conceited enough to think there is no greater being out there then humans?

Oh, about god punishing people and helping people concept...
Idiotic christians will blame god when someone they love dies. When some hypocritic christian gets a disease they will START to search for god. But before that they could careless and focus on making money or something selfish like an athiest. Those people are mockeries of christianity.

God gave us the choice for everything. So if he was to intervene we would have no choice. If someone is dying it's because we didn't listen to his warnings. In the bible there's stories about how god punishes people. I think people back then thought because god warned them, that god would bring punishment if they didn't when infact it's just human nature's chain reaction (but god made it that way).
Just to clear some stuff up:
1. All atheists are not selfish and conceited.
2. Atheists have values too.
3. Believing in a god makes you no better than anyone else.

There's nothing I hate more than Christians going around saying that they are better than everyone else and steryotyping. You know, I could say that all of you Christians are stupid for playing with your imaginary friend up in the sky, but it's not right. Why do you seem to think that all atheists are bad people? It doesn't mean that we aren't good people, too. We just choose not to believe in a god. And I still don't see why wanting to buy nice stuff and being a bit horny makes me a bad person...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Andromeda18_ Wrote:THANK YOU!!! Someone who actually knows we do not descend from monkeys (we must read the same articles and watch the same documentaries Big Grin )! I was going to tell them that if nobody had done it but I'm glad someone did. At most we could say we're the monkey's cousins. Big Grin
By the way, why did you chose 5'11 when the average height of an American Male is 5'9''?
Other than body structure, the main bit of proof for us coming from apes is DNA:
of which we share 80-90% with apes; 75% or so with rats, & 50% with Bananas Big Grin TechTv came in handy for SOMETHING Tongue
Learned that on a thing where they were protesting against giving monkeys rights due to DNA relation. the dude's final comment was something to the effect of "Should we give bananas the right to drive cars?"
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Andromeda18_ Wrote:By the way, why did you chose 5'11 when the average height of an American Male is 5'9''?

Blast, picked up on the one point I relied on memory for and didn't check. Blast!

It's a field I'm un-professionally interested in and it's a topic that gets badly distorted because so many people have these fierce agendas that get involved, then the whole thing just goes pear-shaped.

And hey, just don?t get me started on the misuse use of term 'irony'.

Eight Drunken Styles

Limes? What Limes?
onizuka17711 Wrote:Just to clear some stuff up:

There's nothing I hate more than Christians going around saying that they are better than everyone else and steryotyping. You know, I could say that all of you Christians are stupid for playing with your imaginary friend up in the sky, but it's not right. Why do you seem to think that all atheists are bad people? It doesn't mean that we aren't good people, too. We just choose not to believe in a god. And I still don't see why wanting to buy nice stuff and being a bit horny makes me a bad person...

That also upsets me, most Christians I have met were like that. Now heres an interesting

question. Lets say there is a God, lets also suppose that only one religion is right, How

would you tell which one is the true one? Especially since over the years words, stories,

etc. can be misconstrued. You see Balthier, even if the Bible is "the word of God," some

people might not accept that as true. Different people, religions, tribes and soforth have

different moral values. There is even a tribe somewhere in Africa that believes it has a

moral obligation to lie, murder, cheat, and steal. To convince someone something is true

you can't browbeat them. You must first understand their view whether atheist, hindu or

what not and go from there. Also Onizuka there are two answers to your question. Buying

nice stuff doesn't make you a bad person. However it is a caution for Christians not to

focus solely on their material possessions and be willing to give them up to help someone

if God so wills it. Now the horny part (hope I'm reading the context right) is a

misconception daying back to the times of Ancient Greece. If you want a further

explanation of how and why that came to be, let me know and I'll put it in my next post as

this might otherwise become too long.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
elcoholic Wrote:And you know, that ape thing is all details. Go back into time far enough and we all come from the same thing.
That?s true, there?s been a few evolutionary bottlenecks if you look back through history, where a whole class/order/family/species/ has been whittled down to a couple of dozen individuals.

elcoholic Wrote:Why do you know the average hight of an american male? :confused: And we don't even measure in ft. :confused: :confused:
The Americans still use imperial measurement though.

And they don?t have cricket either. Creepy.

Eight Drunken Styles

Limes? What Limes?
i agree believing in God or a God whatever you want to say doesen't make you better then everyone else we are all equal well cept me but im an exception...... Big Grin

btw if i get hate responds then i will truley be sad

and im not prideful besides how could i be im perfect Tongue j/k
elcoholic Wrote:Why do you know the average hight of an american male? :confused: And we don't even measure in ft. :confused: :confused:

He, he! I happen to know a bunch of imperial measurements. They're really easy to memorize. For instance, 1 inch = 2,54cm and 1 pound = 0,45 kg. And I know the average height of many countries (research, research :p ). You Dutch are the tallest people in the world (with the exception of a small tribe somewhere in Africa), the men having an average height of about 5'10'' (1,78m) and the women an average height of 5'6'' (1,676m). English and American men stand 5'9'' (1,75m) tall and the women 5'4'' (1.625). Here in Portugal the average woman is 5'3'' (1,60m) (I'm sooo glad I'm 5'7'') and the average man is 5'7'' (1,70m). Of course this is the average of an entire country because the average height of young Dutchmen is 6' (1,83m). You live in a land of giants! Big Grin

elcoholic Wrote:And you know, that ape thing is all details. Go back into time far enough and we all come from the same thing.

Yep, we all descend from the same unicelular organism. We're all cousins! Big Grin
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Damn, your really something. Its true we are the largest people. I'm 1,92 (6.4 ft.???) and have lots of friends who go over 2,00. Its one of the reasons I'd love to visit Asia. I think it would be cool to always be the tallest no matter where I look and intimedating them would also be fun Big Grin .
onizuka17711 Wrote:Just to clear some stuff up:

Hear Hear!!!
Preach It Brother!!!

like i said im kinda Athiest/Believer
im still trying to find where i stand with The "man upstairs"
as in do i still believe in my Religion
or dont i eblive in God
or am i just spiritualistic

hmmm decision decsions Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
elcoholic Wrote:Damn, your really something. Its true we are the largest people. I'm 1,92 (6.4 ft.???) and have lots of friends who go over 2,00. Its one of the reasons I'd love to visit Asia. I think it would be cool to always be the tallest no matter where I look and intimedating them would also be fun Big Grin .

Unless you run into this guy....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st...385327.jpg
Wow. Well, I'd still kick his ass Big Grin
rav96 Wrote:Hear Hear!!!
Preach It Brother!!!

like i said im kinda Athiest/Believer
im still trying to find where i stand with The "man upstairs"
as in do i still believe in my Religion
or dont i eblive in God
or am i just spiritualistic

hmmm decision decsions Wink
My sister is sort of like that still. I really see no point to worshipping. I mean when has god ever done anything for me (not that I believe in him anyways)? You ask me, god and his rules are just a pain in the ass.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka