Popular Anime you don't like.
dallaslad Wrote:Wow so many people hate Dragonball Sad

I can't really think of any popular series that I hate

Hmm..I love Dragonball <3.

I was also disapointed. I hate GT though. Thats the only exception =P
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
Case Closed
Dragon Ball - Hated the original and GTs so so...
Pokeman
Digimon
Mobile Suit Gundam
Big O - Too little explanation...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection

Eh. Loving Dragonball z was cool when it came out. Now hating it's the cool thing. Kinda like Pokemon. (although people hating pokemon after what they did to it is understandable) DBZ is awesome.

I know. I noticed that quite some time ago. :confused: I'm a total DB nut. Of course, I think the Manga kicks more ass than the anime does. It is also old and really circulated, so that may have something to do with it.

katherine_jean Wrote:I was also disapointed. I hate GT though. Thats the only exception =P

I deny the existence of GT. I HATE THAT PEICE OF CRAP THAT SOILS ON THE DB NAME! I can say this cause they didn't use the original writer (Akira Toriyama) as the main creative source for this abomination and it shows!
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe

The reason most Americans hate DBZ is because the show was over 10 years old when it was premiered here. At the time when it came out the animation for a TV show was pretty top of the line...now it seems outdated of course. I remembering buying some fansubs in 1992 and no one in my school knew what it was.... now its a household name here in the states.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Blight Wrote:I know. I noticed that quite some time ago. :confused: I'm a total DB nut. Of course, I think the Manga kicks more ass than the anime does. It is also old and really circulated, so that may have something to do with it.

I deny the existence of GT. I HATE THAT PEICE OF CRAP THAT SOILS ON THE DB NAME! I can say this cause they didn't use the original writer (Akira Toriyama) as the main creative source for this abomination and it shows!

Thankyou, Blight.

I couldnt have said it better myself.

GT is a complete disgrace. If I could ever get my hands on the idiot who created it, I would avenge Akira Toriyama rightfully.

That is of course, if another true fan didnt get to him first.

I feel bad for him, because they actually put that peice of shit under the title "Dragonball"
*Ahem* Excuse my french.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
Made By Blight ^
evilomar Wrote:The reason most Americans hate DBZ is because the show was over 10 years old when it was premiered here. At the time when it came out the animation for a TV show was pretty top of the line...now it seems outdated of course. I remembering buying some fansubs in 1992 and no one in my school knew what it was.... now its a household name here in the states.

Its to bad people have to think like that.

"Oh no. It's so old so it has to be crap."

The greatest things created in the world of animation are some of the older classics.
Made By Blight ^
katherine_jean Wrote:Its to bad people have to think like that.

"Oh no. It's so old so it has to be crap."

The greatest things created in the world of animation are some of the older classics.

That's true Lupin The Third is a great series and its animation is obviously older. I don't understand this old has to be crap concent people who use it just don't realize what they are saying I guess...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:That's true Lupin The Third is a great series and its animation is obviously older. I don't understand this old has to be crap concent people who use it just don't realize what they are saying I guess...

I would say it has something to do with the style over substance mindset a lot of people retain. Lupin is awesome, one of the main reasons I like anime, and I've heard people say, "Well, I don't know if I would like it or not cause of the art." that annoys me; watch the damn thing before you pass judgment on it.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cidien Wrote:Watch the series, not the movies. The movies probably wont even make a whole lotta sense...

Gundam Wing is probably the best to start out with.

Hum thats tough.. People who watch gundam wing seem to not like some of the older ones because they kinda look like crap. Gundam Wing is probably the flashiest of them all IMHO.. Gundam Seed i liked but it took a bit.. (Loved it when the two main ones pretty much started fightin on there own. They where no longer on each side so those that thought both sides where evil.. well they where and finally the good guys from both sides got together)

and Sigh Kenshin someone hates? I can understand Kenshin Post shishro does go downhill and if you watch mostly that then i can understand it.. But up till shishro its hard to belive. But to each there own. Or wait i just remember 2nd part of Samari X: Reflections. HATE HATE HATE IT.. WHY did they have to do that to Shinta (Kenshin) Btw Kenshin is my #1 fav of all time I even have a real Reverse bladed sword. (Its very sharp also not a cheap show sword)

Also i think Blight hit it right about DB.. I love DBZ even though its popular i have loved it before it became and i won't hate it because it got popular. But i will say i hate the Existance of GT it slaps the whole series in the face. And then the GT movie is utter garbage with Pan's Grand kids in there.
Schultz Wrote:Hum thats tough.. People who watch gundam wing seem to not like some of the older ones because they kinda look like crap. Gundam Wing is probably the flashiest of them all IMHO.. Gundam Seed i liked but it took a bit.. (Loved it when the two main ones pretty much started fightin on there own. They where no longer on each side so those that thought both sides where evil.. well they where and finally the good guys from both sides got together)

and Sigh Kenshin someone hates? I can understand Kenshin Post shishro does go downhill and if you watch mostly that then i can understand it.. But up till shishro its hard to belive. But to each there own. Or wait i just remember 2nd part of Samari X: Reflections. HATE HATE HATE IT.. WHY did they have to do that to Shinta (Kenshin) Btw Kenshin is my #1 fav of all time I even have a real Reverse bladed sword. (Its very sharp also not a cheap show sword)

Also i think Blight hit it right about DB.. I love DBZ even though its popular i have loved it before it became and i won't hate it because it got popular. But i will say i hate the Existance of GT it slaps the whole series in the face. And then the GT movie is utter garbage with Pan's Grand kids in there.

Don't feel so bad Schultz, I personally know someone who hates Transformers. Hopefully

Megatron and Optimus won't take offense, It is their year after all. Of course he hated

Ronin Warriors too. Stupid punk. Oh yeah anone know any good classic sword fighting

anime. Can't seem to get enough of that stuff (anime that deals with the past and all).
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Ronin Warriors really isn't a very good show... lol. Like Sailor Moon but less annoying, which makes it watchable, but not great.
Blight Wrote:I would say it has something to do with the style over substance mindset a lot of people retain. Lupin is awesome, one of the main reasons I like anime, and I've heard people say, "Well, I don't know if I would like it or not cause of the art." that annoys me; watch the damn thing before you pass judgment on it.

Hmm. yes.

I have a freind, who will refuse, under any circumstances, to watch anything that she considers old or with bad animation.

I've seen her take a liking to crap ass shows, and a hating to the real good ones because of it.

I feel like shmacking her one.
Made By Blight ^
Hmm..as for Gundams I have only seen G which I thought was really cool, but do yourself a favour and watch it in Japanese, the english dub is quite bad and inacurate. Oh I also saw the short OVA about Bernie and Al and all that, it was ok but you have to be in the right mindset to watch it properly.

As for Kenshin, as Schultz has said, up to the end of Shishio it is one of the best things ever, but after Shishio its not even worth your time. I just pretend the 3rd series doesn't exist because it is so bad. As for the Reflections OVA, I feel exactly the same way about that, same way as Schultz too, its just really really bad and has no place in the world of Kenshin.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
I'm glad I stopped watching Kenshin after the second boxed set. From what I've heard I've saved myself a whole lot of wasted time.

Something I enjoyed about the title of this thread was that it was about popular series that you "don't like". It doesn't say anything about hating. Hate is a very strong emotion and I'm shocked to see how emotional people get about a series. I can understand Shultz hating Samurai X: Reflections because it betrays what he loves about Kenshin. But so many people seem to just hate something for no reason. I guess I just don't understand this whole "hate" thing very much.

On a final note, one of my old roommates refused to watch anything that was made before he was born. It's kind of funny because he was a film major and worked in a video store but refused to watch any of the classics. We still ended up spending about four hours a day watching movies together but it was always indie stuff.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.