Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Popular Anime you don't like.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
There's always been those certain animes around where everyone around you seem to love, but when you give it a try, you want to like it but you still can't figure out what the hype is all about or even worse, you're absolutely disappointed or hate it. Anybody want to share? (keep an open mind!)

Mine are...

Hellsing
His and Her Circumstances
FLCL
Noir
ROD TV
Dragonball Z
Eva , GITS, Witch Hunter Robin

Edit: I forgot Lain, damn I hate that show.
Gundam can be pretty bad at times
Besides the obvious like pokemon and beyblade and stuff? Rahxephon! Everyone was blown away by this show and said its the best mecha show there is. When I watched it it couldn't keep me awake so I didn't get the whole story. So borring, no humour in it. I guess part of me being dissappointed was having such high expectations. Now I just don't read discussions of shows I haven't seen before anymore.
Hmm, the obvious, as previously mentioned.
Pokekmon
Gay..er BeyBlade
Hamtaro (may not be that popular, I dunno)
Banner of the Stars (gawd, I couldnt even finish the manga...just not my style =3)
Inu Yasha (sometimes, Im just not the "biggest" fan. I used to enjoy it though.
Soul Hunters (not sure how popular it is..but I found it kinda crappy)
Mine are as follows,

.Hack
DBZ
Pokemon
Beyblade
Gundam Seed (This one may not be accurate as I have only seen one ep)
Gungrave
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Mine are as follows,

.Hack
DBZ
Pokemon
Beyblade
Gundam Seed (This one may not be accurate as I have only seen one ep)
Gungrave

Now THERES one I forgot...

Gundam Seed.
I was ashamed that they could ever label that show as being Gundam. and Ive only watched the first couple episodes.

Disgusted.

.Hack I wasnt overly fond of either.
katherine_jean Wrote:Banner of the Stars (gawd, I couldnt even finish the manga...just not my style =3)

I forgot this one too, but I hate space Odysseys in general. And I didn?t mention anything like Pokemon cause it is generally accepted that they are crap meant for kids (still anime though). After looking back at my list and thinking of more I won't put down on it, I realize hate A LOT of anime.
Vandread
because its computer generated graphic is so cheesy.
Blight Wrote:I forgot this one too, but I hate space Odysseys in general. And I didn?t mention anything like Pokemon cause it is generally accepted that they are crap meant for kids (still anime though). After looking back at my list and thinking of more I won't put down on it, I realize hate A LOT of anime.

Well, thats reasonable.

There are *alot* of crappy ones out there. Popular or not. Its good that you can actually admit it though =P

Space Odysseys... hmm, Some I like, other snot. Im a crazy ass Star Wars fan, but thats not exactly anime, now is it? though. . . that would be pretty cool, depending on who would make it.

Hbk, I never watched it, but I can assume that I wouldnt be too fond of the graphics. *most* computer generated ones suck. but not all.
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Vandread
Inu Yasha
Ghost in the Shell (Movie and Series)
Rahxephon, its plot and mech designs were good but the characters... uggg. All the men were pussies and all the woman were melodramatic fools. DAMN I HATED THAT SHOW!

Its a good example of how characters can make or break a series
Oh well why not, I've seen quite a bit of anime...

Evangelion (it was ok, but not as good as it was hyped up to be)
Nadesico (for some reason I didn't find this funny, but I really enjoyed the OVA)
Galaxy Express 999 TV Series (very repetitive, haven't even seen the 2nd half!)
Crest of The Stars ( was ok, but very repetitive with the space battles )
BoogiePop Phantom (another ok series, just very confusing, and way hyped)
Invader Zim (ok, I've only seen one episode... but I really don't care for this)
Excel Saga (only seen a couple of episodes, don't think I'm gonna like it)

Now in all fairness, I will give Excel Saga a couple of more episodes, since I didn't care for the one episode of Ranma I saw, (the ice skating one) but I do like the show even though I haven't seen all of it yet... Invader Zim on the other hand... I just don't care for the artwork style... same for Lupin the 3rd, but I do have a movie of it, I will watch just to determine whether or not it is for me... Sometimes appearances can be deceiving... I absolutely hated the artwork for Hellsing, but I watched a couple of episodes and thoroughly enjoyed the series!! Trigun took me about 6 episodes to get into it.. but I did end up enjoying it as well...

So maybe the key is to give anime you don't particularly care for at least 3 episodes to rule it out completely... But then again, there is so many different types of anime, you can just go on to something else!! laugh..
Amethyst Wrote:Oh well why not, I've seen quite a bit of anime...

Evangelion (it was ok, but not as good as it was hyped up to be)
Nadesico (for some reason I didn't find this funny, but I really enjoyed the OVA)
Galaxy Express 999 TV Series (very repetitive, haven't even seen the 2nd half!)
Crest of The Stars ( was ok, but very repetitive with the space battles )
BoogiePop Phantom (another ok series, just very confusing, and way hyped)
Invader Zim (ok, I've only seen one episode... but I really don't care for this)
Excel Saga (only seen a couple of episodes, don't think I'm gonna like it)

Now in all fairness, I will give Excel Saga a couple of more episodes, since I didn't care for the one episode of Ranma I saw, (the ice skating one) but I do like the show even though I haven't seen all of it yet... Invader Zim on the other hand... I just don't care for the artwork style... same for Lupin the 3rd, but I do have a movie of it, I will watch just to determine whether or not it is for me... Sometimes appearances can be deceiving... I absolutely hated the artwork for Hellsing, but I watched a couple of episodes and thoroughly enjoyed the series!! Trigun took me about 6 episodes to get into it.. but I did end up enjoying it as well...

So maybe the key is to give anime you don't particularly care for at least 3 episodes to rule it out completely... But then again, there is so many different types of anime, you can just go on to something else!! laugh..
There's a Nadesico ova?!?!?! What is it called?

Eva disappointed me. Loved RahXephon, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6