Popular Anime you don't like.
.Hack bored me, and I have not yet made it through a full episode of Excel Saga.
Record of Lodoss War always bugged me. It's like watching someone else having the fun of playing D&D.

Gundam is another series that I haven't getten the hang of yet. I've tried watching a few of the movies and they always leave me cold.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Amethyst Wrote:Oh well why not, I've seen quite a bit of anime...

Evangelion (it was ok, but not as good as it was hyped up to be)
Nadesico (for some reason I didn't find this funny, but I really enjoyed the OVA)
Galaxy Express 999 TV Series (very repetitive, haven't even seen the 2nd half!)
Crest of The Stars ( was ok, but very repetitive with the space battles )
BoogiePop Phantom (another ok series, just very confusing, and way hyped)
Invader Zim (ok, I've only seen one episode... but I really don't care for this)
Excel Saga (only seen a couple of episodes, don't think I'm gonna like it)

Now in all fairness, I will give Excel Saga a couple of more episodes, since I didn't care for the one episode of Ranma I saw, (the ice skating one) but I do like the show even though I haven't seen all of it yet... Invader Zim on the other hand... I just don't care for the artwork style... same for Lupin the 3rd, but I do have a movie of it, I will watch just to determine whether or not it is for me... Sometimes appearances can be deceiving... I absolutely hated the artwork for Hellsing, but I watched a couple of episodes and thoroughly enjoyed the series!! Trigun took me about 6 episodes to get into it.. but I did end up enjoying it as well...

So maybe the key is to give anime you don't particularly care for at least 3 episodes to rule it out completely... But then again, there is so many different types of anime, you can just go on to something else!! laugh..

You have a point there. Tried to introduce Ronin Warriors to a friend of mine thatr likes

anime. He wouldn't even watch it as he was sure it was the "gayest and most homosexual

anime he has ever seen." I wouldn't mind so much if he watchd it and then said that, but

to judge an anime by its looks without even giving it a cance or watching any epsodes,

That is just plain wrong.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
onizuka17711 Wrote:There's a Nadesico ova?!?!?! What is it called?

Eva disappointed me. Loved RahXephon, though.

its called genkiganger

btw, i didn't enjoy bebop and rahxephon at all (if thats suppose to be a eva cone, thats a really bad one at best)
Eva
DBZ
Yu-gi-oh
Most Gudums
Full Metal Panic

Excel Saga, Ranma 1/2, and GITS are some of my favorite mangas but the animes are just sad
Even Buddha can only be tried so far! - Yakuza saying
Amethyst Wrote:Oh well why not, I've seen quite a bit of anime...

Evangelion (it was ok, but not as good as it was hyped up to be)
Nadesico (for some reason I didn't find this funny, but I really enjoyed the OVA)
Galaxy Express 999 TV Series (very repetitive, haven't even seen the 2nd half!)
Crest of The Stars ( was ok, but very repetitive with the space battles )
BoogiePop Phantom (another ok series, just very confusing, and way hyped)
Invader Zim (ok, I've only seen one episode... but I really don't care for this)
Excel Saga (only seen a couple of episodes, don't think I'm gonna like it)

Now in all fairness, I will give Excel Saga a couple of more episodes, since I didn't care for the one episode of Ranma I saw, (the ice skating one) but I do like the show even though I haven't seen all of it yet... Invader Zim on the other hand... I just don't care for the artwork style... same for Lupin the 3rd, but I do have a movie of it, I will watch just to determine whether or not it is for me... Sometimes appearances can be deceiving... I absolutely hated the artwork for Hellsing, but I watched a couple of episodes and thoroughly enjoyed the series!! Trigun took me about 6 episodes to get into it.. but I did end up enjoying it as well...

So maybe the key is to give anime you don't particularly care for at least 3 episodes to rule it out completely... But then again, there is so many different types of anime, you can just go on to something else!! laugh..

Omigawsh.

I didn't know there was a Galaxy Express TV series. I saw the first movie a while back, and on my Key The Metal Idol VHS, theres a preview for another part of it, I really thought it was the movie though . . . Repidative or not, I'm going to have to look into this.

~Katherine_Jean
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
Quote:its called genkiganger

Yeah there is one called Gekigengar III, but there is also one called "Prince Of Darkness". Not sure which one he/she was refering to.

I thought Hellsing is very very overated, I watched the whole thing but it just left me cold, didn't like it at all. Trigun was ok, but the way people go on about it I assumed it would be much better, I just saw it as average, couldn't see what the fuss was about. Ghost In The Shell is another one that I thought was crap, but the way you hear people raving about it you'd thing it was the best thing ever. Lots of other things but nothing I can think of right now.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
onizuka17711 Wrote:There's a Nadesico ova?!?!?! What is it called?

Prince of Darkness. Most people didn't care for it, because it really didn't explain or add much to the series, it centered mostly on the white haired girl... maybe that was why I liked it better...
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:You have a point there. Tried to introduce Ronin Warriors to a friend of mine thatr likes
anime. He wouldn't even watch it as he was sure it was the "gayest and most homosexual
anime he has ever seen." I wouldn't mind so much if he watchd it and then said that, but
to judge an anime by its looks without even giving it a cance or watching any epsodes,
That is just plain wrong.

laugh... You should of told him you could supply him with that type of anime... hmmmm lets see... Fake, Gravitation... Earthian Angel, and plenty of others that would fit the description... I haven't seen Ronin Warriors yet, but I did get my son the entire set for Christmas since he was a fan of it when it was on TV... course I'm sure he's going to enjoy the Japanese with the subs over the english dub though.. laugh..

You know, you could try Saint Seiya on him... ummm well, nevermind, cause he's gonna think the same thing with Andromeda who dresses in pink... laugh..
katherine_jean Wrote:Omigawsh.

I didn't know there was a Galaxy Express TV series. I saw the first movie a while back, and on my Key The Metal Idol VHS, theres a preview for another part of it, I really thought it was the movie though . . . Repidative or not, I'm going to have to look into this.

~Katherine_Jean

Well there are two sets to it... 5 disks total with 36 episodes, and it was done by Anime Studio. We've watched the first part, which I think was 3 disks... and it is pretty much just like the movies, only done in 20 minute segments with more train riding and extra filler stuff... I was hoping the TV series would explain more about the OVA's, but I haven't seen anything more in the first part that wasn't covered in the other OVA's. But there are a few episodes that are quite good... but for the most part, it's just more of the movies...maybe the last part will explain more... but anime isn't known for explaining itself very well... laugh.. Spiral comes to mind right off hand... so does BoogiePop Phantom...
Amethyst Wrote:laugh... You should of told him you could supply him with that type of anime... hmmmm lets see... Fake, Gravitation... Earthian Angel, and plenty of others that would fit the description... I haven't seen Ronin Warriors yet, but I did get my son the entire set for Christmas since he was a fan of it when it was on TV... course I'm sure he's going to enjoy the Japanese with the subs over the english dub though.. laugh..

You know, you could try Saint Seiya on him... ummm well, nevermind, cause he's gonna think the same thing with Andromeda who dresses in pink... laugh..

Oh you haven't heard the alf of it the friend that borrowed it from me for so long thought

the same thing just because Ronin Warriors didn't have any Giant Robots. The stupidity of

some people.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Amethyst Wrote:Well there are two sets to it... 5 disks total with 36 episodes, and it was done by Anime Studio. We've watched the first part, which I think was 3 disks... and it is pretty much just like the movies, only done in 20 minute segments with more train riding and extra filler stuff... I was hoping the TV series would explain more about the OVA's, but I haven't seen anything more in the first part that wasn't covered in the other OVA's. But there are a few episodes that are quite good... but for the most part, it's just more of the movies...maybe the last part will explain more... but anime isn't known for explaining itself very well... laugh.. Spiral comes to mind right off hand... so does BoogiePop Phantom...

Hmm, thanks for the info.

I might just have to look into that. Leiji Matsumoto in a hero of mine.

Aaand, I just checked. I can get it through this site. Yay.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
Made By Blight ^
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Oh you haven't heard the alf of it the friend that borrowed it from me for so long thought

the same thing just because Ronin Warriors didn't have any Giant Robots. The stupidity of

some people.

I have a friend who absolutly refuses to watch anything but mecha anime.

THE GIANT ROBOTS RULE HIMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dragon Ball Z and all the other Dragon ball titles
Poke'mon
Yugio
Digimon
EVA
Weib Kreus
mostly all gundam titles

damn mental block.
cant think of any more at the moment...

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
People have reminded me.

I despise Yu Gi Oh. And I hate DBGT
Made By Blight ^