Yo! I am new here
Your assumption about everyone being gay leading to extinction also assumes that people (or rats) wouldn't have sex for the soul purpose of procreation.

Imagine a society where homosexual relationships are the standard. Imagine that same society is also smart enough to realize that heterosexual relations must be maintained for the purpose of procreation. It would make family planning a lot easier and population control would be a given. Right now the human race is expanding at an exponential rate and it's only a matter of time till we outstrip this planets capacity to support us. If we had to rely on planned families on a global scale then it would be easier to fix a large number of global problems caused by rampant population growth.

Of course this is all theory. Just like an entire species becoming primarily gay is. If anyone is interested in a good book with an alternative culture that explores homosexual and bisexual relationships you should pick up the Hominid trilogy by Robert J. Sawyer. He paints an excellent picture of a culture built around planned parenthood and men living seperately from women.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:Right now the human race is expanding at an exponential rate and it's only a matter of time till we outstrip this planets capacity to support us. If we had to rely on planned families on a global scale then it would be easier to fix a large number of global problems caused by rampant population growth.

Thats why I think being gay is natures way of slowing the population.

takumi25 Wrote:Dude...obviously two guys cant make a baby?!? even idiots knows that. Im talking about "adoption" here.

I wasnt talking to you I was refering to the earlyier post that said if they want kids they would sleep with a woman.

Black Howling Wrote:I don't think I misunderstood, it's plain to anybody who reads your sentence. You said that the human race would perish if homosexuality became popular. It's the "if it became popular" part that shouldn't be there.

Why? Explain to me why you think it shouldn't be there.

Because it isnt a fad that people follow because it's popular that's why. Your comment has as much weight as saying if all the guys cut their balls off we would become extinct, it ISNT going to happen!

Black Howling Wrote:ultimately I am not gay so I can't talk about them as if I have experince nor can you.

I am gay so I can say all your comments are not true.
takumi25 Wrote:Based on your statement its up to the person to be gay right?

Wrong! I don't think it's up to a person to be gay. Given the way the world treats them many wish they weren't, their life would be so much easier. My best friend fought it for so long! He even had girlfriends, a futile attempt to try and change. However ultimately there was nothing he could do, he's attracted to men not women and fortunately he now accepts himself the way he is. I didn't choose to be heterosexual either, I simply like men ever since I can remember. I was drooling all over Tom Cruise ever since I was a very young child. I think women are very beautiful creatures but I just can't make myself feel sexually attracted to them.

Blight Wrote:I heard that there is a gay gene or something but it sounds like a crock of shit.

Scientists have been researching it for long but so far they haven't discovered anything. There's no chemical inbalance in homosexuals' brains nor is there any gene that makes them that way just like there's no gene that makes heterosexuals be heterosexual.
Anyway, I agree with every single thing Zagatto said about it. It's like he was reading my mind.

Blight Wrote:It is true that your feelings determine the things you want but in the end it is your designs that propel you take be complacent or to take action. You always have a choice, and even if you decide to do nothing that was making a decision about what you are going to do. People often do things that they don?t like, but chose to them anyway, like work. Big Grin They may feel gay but people can be pretty good at ignoring their feelings.

This is the sort of thing that makes people think they're so much better than all the other animals. Yes we have the ability to choose, I couldn't agree with you more. However, human beings are animals and just like it happens with all the other animals there are many things that are beyond our control, it's part of our biology. It's like teenagers feeling everything as being the most important thing in the world. They didn't choose things to be that way, it's that way because it's the way human beings are biologically speaking. We can choose, yes! But we can not choose everything! For example, you can not choose to fall in love, you just do.

Black Howling Wrote:First the intelligent thing. I was talking about humans not animals. If you can show me an animal that is as intelligent as a human good for you but you can't. Do animals have artificial insertuation (spelled wrong)? No because they don't have technology.

That's just the thing, humans are animals! Perhaps I can't mention an animal that's as intelligent as Man but some scientists do claim dolphins are as intelligent as we are. We could even say that they don't have such things as artificial insemination because of their bodies (you can't do much with fins) not their minds. Besides we can't just assume our type of intelligence is the only one there is, that's pure presumption.

Black Howling Wrote:If every person was gay then some would have sex with the other sex to try to keep the race alive but what about the others?

Zagatto has already answered this, I think the exact same thing.

Black Howling Wrote:Although this doesn't have anything to to with being gay. Are they treated? I was just wondering because most of them don't get out of jail (if they are catched).

Pedophilia and beastiality are diseases, there's no doubt about it. And they can be treated (more like kept under control) with medicine. Do they treat people when they go to jail? I suppose that at least in some cases they do, if they don't well at leasts they should because those people are really sick. Not in the perjurative sense of the word but really sick, like schizophrenics are sick also due to a chemical inbalance in their brain.

Black Howling Wrote:Again because you have a human's intelligence we have all this crap about choice and religion and media. Animals don't choice to have children or not.

My point exactly! Animals don't have a choice when it comes to procreate, it's their natural impulse to do so, yet they still have homosexual relations (without it being rape) just as naturally as they have heterosexual ones. That's why I'm telling you homosexuality is a natural thing because animals who don't have a choice naturally display both types of sexuality.

Black Howling Wrote:Why is the world round?

There's an actual geological reason why the world is round but I seriously don't feel like explaining it to you right now. It's related to the time when the earth was being formed, which is also related to why the terrestrial planets are closer to the sun and the gas planets are further away, and to the gravitational pull.

Black Howling Wrote:ultimately I am not gay so I can't talk about them as if I have experince nor can you.

No but I know what it's like to be heterosexual and if I think that being homosexual is as natural as being heterosexual then my experience as heterosexual can be applied.

gubi-gubi Wrote:I wasnt talking to you I was refering to the earlyier post that said if they want kids they would sleep with a woman.

Artificial insemination is a much "cleaner" method for an homosexual to have a child however it's still a very expensive method so sometimes just sleeping with a woman and getting it over with is a cheaper way out. Besides, women can get pregnant right at the first time, particularly when they're younger.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
If you are not gay, how can you possibly state how they feel or choose? That would be like me representing, say, bears. I am not a bear (obviously :p ), so how do I know how a bear feels? And did the bear choose to be a bear? No! It was just born that way. As gubi-gubi is gay, I sort of feel like he gets final say in this conversation. Since he is a "bear", he is the only one that can truly tell us how a "bear" thinks or feels.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:If you are not gay, how can you possibly state how they feel or choose? That would be like me representing, say, bears. I am not a bear (obviously :p ), so how do I know how a bear feels? And did the bear choose to be a bear? No! It was just born that way. As gubi-gubi is gay, I sort of feel like he gets final say in this conversation. Since he is a "bear", he is the only one that can truly tell us how a "bear" thinks or feels.

Lol I see what you're saying. but she is right she can say how it feels simply because she is someone who likes men just as I like men. It's the same. I like being called a bear though, I wish I was that grizzly :p

Andromeda18_ Wrote:Artificial insemination is a much "cleaner" method for an homosexual to have a child however it's still a very expensive method so sometimes just sleeping with a woman and getting it over with is a cheaper way out. Besides, women can get pregnant right at the first time, particularly when they're younger.

When times are tough the good old turkey baster comes to the rescue! :p
[Image: ultimatechefstore_1822_18841062]
onizuka17711 Wrote:If you are not gay, how can you possibly state how they feel or choose? That would be like me representing, say, bears. I am not a bear (obviously :p ), so how do I know how a bear feels? And did the bear choose to be a bear? No! It was just born that way. As gubi-gubi is gay, I sort of feel like he gets final say in this conversation. Since he is a "bear", he is the only one that can truly tell us how a "bear" thinks or feels.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I know how a gay person feels, I'm just saying that I believe a gay person feels about a person from the same sex the same way I feel about a person from the opposite sex. I feel that I'm heterosexual because I am, not because I chose to be and I think homosexuals feel the same way. That's what I was trying to say. Also, Gubi-gubi's right we both like men so I can understand him better than an heterosexual men can. Big Grin
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Also, Gubi-gubi's right we both like men so I can understand him better than an heterosexual men can. Big Grin

But I would only explore 'common interests' with one of you. :o
Damn Vicious you break my heart! :p
Well, I can?t deny that a gay person knows what they are talking about more than I do. I just refuse to believe that people are anything from birth (beyond what their parents genetics dictate). I know that there are somethings you have no choice in, like the things you feel or who your parents are, but to be limited to an instinctive personality from your conception is something I refuse to accept. So rather than believe that people are born the people they are I think it has something to do with the circumstances under which they are raised. I got nothing specific to bring up in terms of what environmental features can make you gay, but it makes more since than someone being born with automatic character traits.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I know how a gay person feels, I'm just saying that I believe a gay person feels about a person from the same sex the same way I feel about a person from the opposite sex. I feel that I'm heterosexual because I am, not because I chose to be and I think homosexuals feel the same way. That's what I was trying to say. Also, Gubi-gubi's right we both like men so I can understand him better than an heterosexual men can. Big Grin
No, I was agreeing with you with that statement and aiming more towards Blight and Black Howling.
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
By the way, I pm'd you back, Blight. (Blight is making me a custom sig because he is coolness :p )
^^Made by Blight

Blight Wrote:I know that there are somethings you have no choice in, like the things you feel or who your parents are, but to be limited to an instinctive personality from your conception is something I refuse to accept. So rather than believe that people are born the people they are I think it has something to do with the circumstances under which they are raised.

You are right about that, I wasn't saying otherwise. As far as personality goes when people are born they're like an unwritten book but sexuality has nothing to do with personality, it's pure biology, and as far as biology goes when a human being's born everything is already defined.
So true. Humans wish that alot about themselves isnt predetermined but it is. Everyone is female to start with in the womb till a certain stage. Then other processes start to change the baby to male. What if one process doesnt go the whole way and just leaves a part of the brain in the neutral female state?
Andromeda18_ Wrote:You are right about that, I wasn't saying otherwise. As far as personality goes when people are born they're like an unwritten book but sexuality has nothing to do with personality, it's pure biology, and as far as biology goes when a human being's born everything is already defined.

You have said that it has nothing to do with brain chemistry and that the gay gene is crap, what biology is left? If biology determines you to be gay why didn't nature make you the other sex? This is why when people try to argue that being gay is a naturally thing, or even unnatural, they get shot down. Natural is now fully up for debate; who is to say what is natural and what isn't? A lot of people would say that gayness couldn?t be biological because the parts were not meant to go together, while others argue that they are some people are inherently gay. People that want it to be accepted just got to stand up and say "fuck you, I don't give a shit what you think" rather than try to justify it by an interpretation of something no one truly understands. After talking about it for this long I no longer really give a damn if some one is gay, or a purple assed three-legged Martian, people are people and that?s the end of it.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
The way you act screams that you always think nature has a purpose... What was natures purpose to make a baby that has no legs? What's the function? Why make hermaphrodites? You can't deny that people are born hermaphrodite so why is it so hard to think somebody is born gay?