A question for Kerry supporters
O.k. So, I am watching Dateline and they are showing an interview with Katie Couric and John Kerry. She is talking to him about how the oposition says he is 'soft' on terror and blah blah blah. So, then Kerry critisizes Bush for saying that America might 'never be completely safe' and he then says that under his leadership America will 'never be attacked again' and will be 'completely safe'.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you really believe Kerry when he says that under his leadership America will be 'never be attacked' again?

2. If Kerry wins, and we are attacked, do you think Kerry will apologize? Or will he blame the Bush administration?

I ask this question because to me, I find Kerry's statement very troubling. I think that to make such a statement is akin to a newly married couple saying that they will never have a fight or never get divorced. I don't know how anyone can just say we will 'never be attacked'.

Now, lastly, please just try to answer the questions and explain why you support Kerry and if you think he is doing the right thing in making these kinds of promises. If you can, spare telling me why I shouldn't be supporting Bush because I already voted and mailed in my ballot, so you are too late to change my already made up mind. Let's keep it as civil as possible... Smile
No one can make a huge promise like we will never be attacked and that in itself was a very stupid claim. I do think he will blame Bush though but you never know what people will do...

But if your looking for answers to my reason for choosing Kerry over Bush? The reasons are many but simple..

I am going to vote for Kerry because Bush in my eyes has been nothing but a problem and in all honesty though I DON'T like Kerry either. It is more of an issue of the lesser of two evils from my point of view. The claims that Kerry made though were bad moves but promising the impossible is common throughout history if I am not mistaken. But the big factor is the economy I don't know that Kerry will do much good for it for a fact YET..But I have more faith in John Edwards from speaking with my family about it. I will be honest about some of the key factors that go against George Bush in my book..

1. He wants to shut down the railroads as I have stated before my dad works for Amtrak.
2. The border issue and all of the problems that leaving it open has caused. I hope they close it because it is just another way to allow terrorists to enter American soil.

I know that you asked for 'Kerry Supporters' and I am not one but meh...Hope to see more responses personally...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I think Kerry is just saying whatever people want to hear so that he will be elected. I do not think that America will ever be safe, no matter how hard we try. And I dont know if he would take the blame if we were attacked again. If we are attacked right after he is elected, I think he would blame bush, but it may be diffrent if we are attacked, say a year after he is elected.
I think that's a bullshit remark by Kerry and probably taken out of context. I can't believe he actually believes that since any mexican wit a bomb can cross the border and blow stuff up.

I don't get to vote (although maybe in this election it wouldn't be a bad thing if the whole world got to vote) but think Kerry should win or actually Bush should lose like most, if not all people in europe think. This is one of the reasons I think Bush should dissapear. I don't live in the US so I don't know alot about the problems in your homeland. All I know is your current pres. has ruined international relations with lots of countries and the UN, invaded a non threatening country and ruined it in the process, raised your deficet to a point that your childrens children will still feel the tax raise which will happen to pay your largest dept ever, created more hate and terrorists by invading Iraq etc. I'm disgusted by the way the Bush campain is done, all the lies spread about Kerry and his voting record/war record. And to top it all of, HE STOLE THE LAST ELECTION (just saw farenheit for the first time, am still disgusted by what that movie suggests about US politics). And a guy like Bush just shouldn't be president. He a stupid, simple man with some hughly intelegent people behind him (how else could he get to be president). I see a president as the smartest, wisest man of a country, not one who wants to come across like Joe average. I feel he's there for his own and his friends gain, not the peoples like a president should be.

Homeland security will only get better according to Kerry since all current measures will stay in effect and he will add more border controls (or so he says).

The US likes to see itself as the world police so please, for the sake of the world vote Kerry.
elcoholic Wrote:I think that's a bullshit remark by Kerry and probably taken out of context. I can't believe he actually believes that since any mexican wit a bomb can cross the border and blow stuff up.

I swear it is not out of context. I saw this interview on TV last night and it was as clear as anything. He did the whole "Now let me just look you and America in the eye and tell you this..." business.
Lets first remember fundamentaly all poloticians lie. I will be the first one to say that Kerry will not be able to do what he is promising, but Bush isn't eather. As far as Kerry posibly blaming Bush if something happens terrorism wise. That is just common knowledge. Lets all remember Bush did blame previous administrations for 9/11. I fully beleive that if any terrorism happens in the next 4 years toward the USA it is already being planned right now. Kerry would just be unfortunate enough to be president when it would happen. The important thing to look at is what did the previous president do to cause the terrorism that happens now.
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
For all people curious, here is what was exactly said. Interpret it as you will:

Quote:Couric: The Bush campaign is planning to spend the final days of this election saying you are weak on terrorism. Dick Cheney has talked about the fact that you voted against the first Gulf War [and] Saddam Hussein would still be in power, the Soviet Union would still exist if it were up to you. You voted against intelligence funding after the first World Trade Center attack in '93. You don't have the record to be commander in chief, and this weakness invites more terrorism.

Sen. Kerry: Now let me just look you and America in the eye and tell you this. Unlike Dick Cheney and George Bush, I put my life on the line for my country when it counted. I fought for this nation and I defended it as a young man, and I will defend America as president of the United States. I have supported the biggest military budgets in American history. I?ve supported the biggest intelligence budgets in American history. I'm not going to take a second seat to anybody about the passion that I bring to defending America.

Couric: Some voters have said, ?Hey, the United States hasn?t been attacked since September 11, George Bush must be doing something right, and we're too nervous to vote for a change at this point in time.? You would say to them?

Sen. Kerry: I would say to them that this administration has told you, George Bush and Dick Cheney have said to you, ?It is not a matter of if we're going to be attacked ? it?s a matter of when.? This administration has neglected homeland security. Do you know that the president ? said he doesn?t know if America will ever be safe. Well, I do know that America will be safe under my leadership.

Couric: But can you really, Senator, make the guarantee, in all honesty?

Sen. Kerry: You bet, because we can win.

Couric: ?that America will be safe under all circumstances?

Sen. Kerry: Katie, let me say this to you. We won World War II, we won the Cold War ? we know we can do it if we put our minds to it. We haven't done a third of the things we need to do to win the war on terror. I think you can make the world safe if you begin to deal with the problems of not just using your military muscle in certain parts of the world, but also use our concern, power, our ideals [and] reach out and bring our allies to the table.

also see http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6326186 if you want the real deal.

Enjoy.
I fear for my job and my country under Kerry. Sad
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
To me Kerry is a loose wheel in the fact most of the time he is on track then wham he goes astray. Like many people say kerry is saying what people want him to say. I don't know what kerry will do if an attack happens but hopefully he will be like Bush and not blame everything on the party that came before him. Cause yes democrats are to blame for some the probs bush got when he came into the game. Every canidate has their plus and minuses but I think we all will know soon enough who wins.
Wow. I can't stand politics, and haven't really followed any of this election. Occaisionally somthing catches my attention and I will look into it further, but otherwise I just ignore the whole process. After a comment like that though, I don't get how anyone can believe Kerry will do a good job. He might as well have promised to personally chill hell, it's not somthing you can guarantee. If I weren't voting Bush anyway, that would have sealed the deal. The only reason I would have considered voting for Kerry is because I'm afraid of Hillary in '08.
i just cant get over bush and his stupidity. "Internets" "We Will not have a Volnter army, uh..uh..uh..uh i mean a draft." I dont believe a word bush says so i guess if you want to fight for our country go right ahead and vote for bush you panseeeeey ass mother fuckers.
Why vote for bush he is a stupid fuck. i call him curious george cause he loooks like a monkey in so many ways ! he is always amused with things that he doesnt get or cant understand. in my opinion he should be sent back to school and not be left behind.

if you dont like kerry , wake up bush is just got to fuck us in the end and then all of us will be gay if you know what i mean, so just dont vote bush shouldnt win cause you hate kerry. hell vote nader.

our early election booths are fucking up some one voted 5 times for kerry and 4 out of the 5 times it came out bush , funny the machines were made in florida hummmmmmmmmm....

-LE

BUCK
FUSH
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
-spike- Wrote:I think Kerry is just saying whatever people want to hear so that he will be elected. I do not think that America will ever be safe, no matter how hard we try. And I dont know if he would take the blame if we were attacked again. If we are attacked right after he is elected, I think he would blame bush, but it may be diffrent if we are attacked, say a year after he is elected.

Exactly, Kerry is a LIAR. Always has been since the very beginning of his political career, always will be. Bush isn't making excuses or outrageous claims like this. I for one do NOT want a liar who says whatever people want to hear to get into the white house. Those kind of people are the very worst kind we could possibly elect to run our country. Yes, sadly history has plenty of people like that. I've pointed out in the other thread Kerry lies about other things. If it may change anyones mind let me know and i'll make an entire point of the outright lies (just the major ones, not the minor ones) that Kerry has and is still making. Such as suppressing one million black voters last election. I still find it hard to believe he's trying to so to deceive that black voters in america. This isn't the 70's Kerry, come join the rest of us in the year 2004.

"I think that's a bullshit remark by Kerry and probably taken out of context."

I doubt it. Kerry says anything that crosses his mind if he thinks it will help him get elected. The man has absolutely no morals whatsoever and the way he promises things and speaks to people proves it. If you hate Bush that bad go ahead and cast your vote for Kerry. I'm positive you will regret it later if he's elected.

(sorry rarnom if you only wanted democrats to post)
Mantis421 Wrote:Lets first remember fundamentaly all poloticians lie. I will be the first one to say that Kerry will not be able to do what he is promising, but Bush isn't eather. As far as Kerry posibly blaming Bush if something happens terrorism wise. That is just common knowledge. Lets all remember Bush did blame previous administrations for 9/11. I fully beleive that if any terrorism happens in the next 4 years toward the USA it is already being planned right now. Kerry would just be unfortunate enough to be president when it would happen. The important thing to look at is what did the previous president do to cause the terrorism that happens now.

It is very much Clintons fault. Clinton was handed Osama on a silver platter and let him go. Do I hate Clinton for this? Not really. There's no way he could have forseen such a tragedy happening. Nobody could. Also, when did Bush blame the Clinton administration? He says Clinton was weak on terror and gutted our military. That's 100% true. Other than Bush stating fact I don't think he's ever blamed the Clinton administration. Bush usually takes responsibility for what happens. (unlike Kerry) Please find where he said otherwise with a link, otherwise I beleive you are mistaken.
Mantis421 Wrote:Lets first remember fundamentaly all poloticians lie. I will be the first one to say that Kerry will not be able to do what he is promising, but Bush isn't eather. As far as Kerry posibly blaming Bush if something happens terrorism wise. That is just common knowledge. Lets all remember Bush did blame previous administrations for 9/11. I fully beleive that if any terrorism happens in the next 4 years toward the USA it is already being planned right now. Kerry would just be unfortunate enough to be president when it would happen. The important thing to look at is what did the previous president do to cause the terrorism that happens now.

As far as Terror goes Bush hasnt handled it correctly so you probally are right..I wouldnt be surprised if the U.S. is attacked sometime in the next few years..We can only wait and see...But the main issue remains that the leaving the borders open will allow more terrorists to get in...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Last Exile Wrote:i just cant get over bush and his stupidity. "Internets" "We Will not have a Volnter army, uh..uh..uh..uh i mean a draft." I dont believe a word bush says so i guess if you want to fight for our country go right ahead and vote for bush you panseeeeey ass mother fuckers.
Why vote for bush he is a stupid fuck. i call him curious george cause he loooks like a monkey in so many ways ! he is always amused with things that he doesnt get or cant understand. in my opinion he should be sent back to school and not be left behind.

if you dont like kerry , wake up bush is just got to fuck us in the end and then all of us will be gay if you know what i mean, so just dont vote bush shouldnt win cause you hate kerry. hell vote nader.

our early election booths are fucking up some one voted 5 times for kerry and 4 out of the 5 times it came out bush , funny the machines were made in florida hummmmmmmmmm....

-LE

BUCK
FUSH

You need to do a LOT of growing up if you don't like someone because they aren't a very good public speaker. If Bush didn't get so nervous speaking in front of an entire nation and he was a little more good looking I think Kerry would lose by a landslide. (he still might)

I don't think Kerry promising everything at this point is a bad thing either. Especially the comment he made in this post. I don't think most americans are dumb enough to fall for such outright lies. Most people will see right through him and make the right choice Nov. 2.