question
hey i was wondering about some of my animes. when i go to select languages i put it on english but its strange. its in english but it also has english subtitles and they both say different things which is really confusing me. the animes that this happens with is FFU and Tsukikage Ran. has any one had this problem and know how to fix it. help is greatly appreciated.
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..
It's normal for English audio and English subtitles to be different. English subtitles are a more literal translation of the Japanese dialogue whereas English audio is adapted from the Japanese dialogue in order to be more like a normal English dialogue (you know, everyday english).
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
i know that but how do i get rid of the english subtitles while im watching it in english?
Are you serious?!

Why don't you go read your DVD player's instruction manual.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
oh nvm i found out how
i was just not thinking. thanks bye
If you can't turn the subtitles off in the dvd menu maybe you'll be able to do so while watching an episode if you press the appropriate button on your remote controler.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
yukimoritenchen Wrote:i know that but how do i get rid of the english subtitles while im watching it in english?

Hahahahaha. That's some funny stuff.
Japanese when translated into English word for word does not sound like how westerners speak English, it is very stop start and jerky when translated. That is why I think in some cases the companies who make anime titles translate word for word in the subtitles but the dubbing is made to sound alittle more Western friendly for Western audiances
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:Japanese when translated into English word for word does not sound like how westerners speak English, it is very stop start and jerky when translated. That is why I think in some cases the companies who make anime titles translate word for word in the subtitles but the dubbing is made to sound alittle more Western friendly for Western audiances

It also has to do with the fact that they need to match the words up with the lipflaps when they're dubbing it.
yukimoritenchen Wrote:i know that but how do i get rid of the english subtitles while im watching it in english?

that was verry funny.
but still i think dubb doesnt do that well with matching lips they do a good job of not running over like alot of old kungfu movies. that stuff was so badly dubbed it makes me cry. also its your choice listen to dubb or read i find it hard to listen and read english at the same time even when it doesnt match. i guess im stupid. ye ye ye awawawaw lubbbbbbbbb. nuck nuck ncuk nuck.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silent hill question Ranmafan 16 7,256 09-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Krooner
  Ebay Rights Question Cidien 18 8,973 09-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  Hard Drive Question Cidien 2 2,086 08-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Psygnius
  Music Question Ryo of Inferno 4 2,898 01-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Last Post: j2raymond
  another question, just curious what people may think... yanagi_nyc 9 4,180 01-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Puppet Master
  Winamp Question Cidien 7 3,017 12-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Last Post: WandererX12
  Ramune soda question Mantis421 10 4,009 10-11-2005, 03:11 AM
Last Post: wrxh8r
  final fantasy advent children question ? puzzleguy 67 23,069 08-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Blight
  Music Video Question Mantis421 8 3,856 08-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Mantis421
  Paypal question hbk101 26 8,947 08-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Cidien