Ebay Rights Question
Anyone know how to contest unfair/retaliatory negatives? I just left a seller a negative for sending me a game that doesn't work. They lied about their testing methods obviously and claim it works because they have a picture of it. I burst out laughing when I read that despite how angry I was at the time. They want me to spend a bunch of money on shipping that would end up costing me more than if I had just bought the game new at best buy.... Anyways i'm getting off track. I'm positive they will leave me negative feedback as they've done it to everyone else that has left them negatives. Anyone know how to contest this?
im not sure if this still works but i know you used to be able to leave negative feedback right before the days run out that your allowed to leave feedback and then both of your feedback things will close. Kinda like bidding right before the auction ends.

also you can report him to ebay and do all that stuff and get your money back if u really wanna go thru the trouble
Cyrus
No ebay sucks. They'll tell me the guys willing to work it out. Ya, at my expense. But ebay doesn't care it will cost me way too much to do that.
Cidien Wrote:Anyone know how to contest unfair/retaliatory negatives? I just left a seller a negative for sending me a game that doesn't work. They lied about their testing methods obviously and claim it works because they have a picture of it. I burst out laughing when I read that despite how angry I was at the time. They want me to spend a bunch of money on shipping that would end up costing me more than if I had just bought the game new at best buy.... Anyways i'm getting off track. I'm positive they will leave me negative feedback as they've done it to everyone else that has left them negatives. Anyone know how to contest this?
You always have problems with ebay. Always. Just quit using it so I don't always have to read these threads complaining about it.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:You always have problems with ebay. Always. Just quit using it so I don't always have to read these threads complaining about it.
I've missed you Smile

I've never used e-bay, but I need to, a friend of mine got a 200 gig harddrive for his laptopcfor 70 bucks plus shipping. That's tempting, but at the sametime, like oni points out, it can be more of a hasle than it's worth.

Cidien, didn't you check his rep before ordering? If there's evidence that he's an arse, or so many negs, then you should have avoided him.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Cidien Wrote:Anyone know how to contest unfair/retaliatory negatives? I just left a seller a negative for sending me a game that doesn't work. They lied about their testing methods obviously and claim it works because they have a picture of it. I burst out laughing when I read that despite how angry I was at the time. They want me to spend a bunch of money on shipping that would end up costing me more than if I had just bought the game new at best buy.... Anyways i'm getting off track. I'm positive they will leave me negative feedback as they've done it to everyone else that has left them negatives. Anyone know how to contest this?

Well my first response would be why are you even buying a game from someone who obviously has negative feedback for a reason? Ebay is buyer beware!

Secondly, if you want the game replaced or your money back, you have to send it back, (make sure you get delivery confirmation on it so they can't say they didn't get it) whether you like it or not, otherwise, you are stuck with it and hopefully learn from the experience.

Third, if you leave negative feedback, then yes, you're going to get negative feedback in return... you could of worked it out and either not left feedback or could of left neutral feedback instead.
Ebay is the only place you can buy and sell certain things and you can get good deals with it. And every powerseller has some negs. This guy has about 2-300 positives for every negative. Just all his negs are for the same reason as I posted mine.

The reason I have problems with ebay I post here about is because it's so user unfriendly... which they do on purpose. =/ They don't want people complaining about anything so they make it as hard as they can while still being slightly reasonable.
Ebay has something called Square Trade, a dispute resolution provider. Not sure if that will help ... but figured I'd mention it. Who knows? Maybe they can get the seller to pay for the return on the game? I suspect you need to know exactly how you'd like the problem resolved. Such as, you want the seller to pay for return shipping and reimburse your bucks. Whatever. (For all I know, you tried Square Trade and got nowhere.)

Sellers are able to comment on negative feedback. At least I've seen some comments. Maybe you can too? There's a community forum. Maybe you could do a search on your problem? I doubt you're the only person who has run into this problem. Cold comfort ... Sad
Quote:The reason I have problems with ebay I post here about is because it's so user unfriendly... which they do on purpose. =/ They don't want people complaining about anything so they make it as hard as they can while still being slightly reasonable.

I actually think eBay is quite user friendly. And I don't think they TRY to make things hard for the buyer or seller. Everything you need is already there or on Paypal which is a joint effort. Of the 130 different people that I've bought or traded stuff with, only 2 of those have gone sour. One of my buyers never paid for Dirge of Cerberus, and another one was just my own fault for purchasing a computer from someone with a lot of bad feedback.

BTW, Cidien, I think you should post a link to the auction that you got screwed on. That way, we can look through it and see for ourselves.
I can't prove it with a link but it was a big deal not too long ago that it was admitted by someone ebay/paypal make their web sites difficult to use for complaints and things the company doesn't really want people to use.

Here's the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...%3AIT&rd=1

Guess this is what I get for trying to save $3. =/ I'm not gonna spend $3 to send it back to the dude. Coulda bought it new for that.

Would still be helpful to know how to deal with these things like the negative feedback, but I also kinda quit caring about this. Also, part of the reason I left negative is because the dude was rude and just quit replying to my emails after the first one completely ignoring my questions.
Yeah... they have 99.3% rating so I wouldn't have hesitated to buy from them either. The one thing I've learned is that it's not whether or not someone sells defective merchandise it's what they are willing to do to make it better.

I don't leave negative feedback for anyone unless they are real dinks to me when I ask them to help me with a problem. Unfortunately, the shipping costs have to be paid for by somebody and with something that costs under $20 it just isn't worth it in most cases.

Sorry to hear you got a defective game.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
You might want to check this out:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/resp...dback.html

If you get a retaliatory neg, you can at least comment on it.

I looked at your negative feedback for the seller. I thought you were pretty restrained ... On same page was negative feedback from another buyer, claiming he received a bad game that the seller had sold at a previous auction and gotten back as a return. Not too cool ...
Ya I actually wrote something a lot less nice and deleted it and wrote that lol.

Thanks for the link.
Batz Kage Wrote:I've missed you Smile

I've never used e-bay, but I need to, a friend of mine got a 200 gig harddrive for his laptopcfor 70 bucks plus shipping. That's tempting, but at the sametime, like oni points out, it can be more of a hasle than it's worth.

Cidien, didn't you check his rep before ordering? If there's evidence that he's an arse, or so many negs, then you should have avoided him.
Haha, glad to hear I was missed :p .

But, as far as ebay goes, you kinda have to figure that with the volume of sales that that guy does, he probably would slip up every once in a while. But that's the risk you take when you use ebay, so I suppose you really can't complain even if it sucks. Sure you get screwed sometimes, but overall it's pretty good.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Yeah, it's definitely a fault on his end, not yours. With 99.3% feedback, I would've taken the chance easily, and hope I wouldn't end up being part of that 0.7% instead.

Sorry to hear that it went sour. I would suggest sending it back to the seller using Media Mail service, or first class. Usually 1-disc games will ship for barely over a dollar. Also, make sure the seller will pay the shipping when he ships the replacement disc to you. Otherwise, that's really unfair, that's like paying shipping 3 times for one game. You might not come up ahead, but at least you'll still be able to get the game instead of hanging onto a defective one.

Also, if worst comes to worst, both of you can agree to retract the rating on both sides of the deal, that way, you won't get a neg, and he won't get a neg either.