PSP or DS?
Sure the 2 screens with touch-control is gonna kick arse. My money is on the DS unless the PSP is cheap and has some really good games that I don't have to sit there and walk around in a 3d world. The Gundam game for DS is gonna be so cool.
true true, both ds and psp are gonna be expensive, but evenutually it will drop. but i'm actually going for the psp. i've always liked sony, but nintendo is usually reliable. maybe i'll just get both, whoa now thats gonna put a hole in my pocket. hahaha........
Quote:In theory, a touch screen is great -- there's some cool gameplay that can be explored with a touch screen. But when you realize that you always have to have that stylus in your hand while you're also jumping back and forth between the side buttons, and when you put together that even in games that ignore the buttons and just use stylus play, the need to support the system with your left hand will make keeping a hand on the D-pad somewhat difficult and may also make reaching that left trigger a bit more awkward ... you can see the problem.

I think this guy's right, in theory a touch screen seems like a great idea but it's going to end up being a nuisance.
As far as price is concerned there's little doubt that the PSP is going to be expensive, way more expensive than the DS.
One of the things I see everybody complaining about is the fact that neither system is original or revolutionary. They're not supposed to be! The big deal about both system is that now there'll be handhelds with the ability to play games with better graphics.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
The PSP will definitly be way more expensive, but it may be worth it, I diubt it though. I like my PS2 being able to play movies, but I don't really see the point in a handheld playing movies.
There can be tears of sadness, and there can be tears of joy, but they are far from the same.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=4518
I will not be getting either one. I don't really like playing handhelds.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
EBGames will sell it for $150 and it will arrive in november, :eek: it cost as much as new PS2
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
Im thinking i may want both.depend on what games nintendo anounces as to whether i get ds but a psp is a deffinate for me.im a fan of rpgs and hence major sony fan never gotten into portable gaming before as i couldnt bring myself to pay much for such archaic technology that nintendo makes and then they put such small games on it that a bunch of programers could have made in their garage back in the amiga days, then just to make you feel really great charge you almost full console prices for the games and hardware (maybe thats just new zealand) In other words ive always been put off by the price. $55 a pop is just to much for such simple games (especially in gb gbc day) To give you an idea about price the gbaConfusedp befor new price cut was about $40 cheaper than ps2 and games $3 cheaper.
Other than the nasty price tag ive always wanted to play the odd gba game mainly rpgs so a ds is a posability.im a little worried about the controls more than anything.its supposed to be about portable gaming and while i dont expect to be able to run and play at the same time i wouldnt mind knowing just how to hold the ds and play it with a stylus is meant to work.i would like to see the screen used in more the urbs (sims) stylz than the maps that iv mainly seen.as having to look away while driving to see map is annoying.
Its great that sony has jumped in as competition is great for consumers.the psp already has 20+ rpgs in the works and is a little more maturely(older aimed).it has mp3 support which is a bonus.A screen thats actually good.and some dam fine games coming out for it.nintendo fanboys will say its just ps2 ports just like psp fanboys say n64 ports for ds but i think thats all just overexageration.psp doesnt have many ports and those that are ive never really played anyway but prob still wouldnt buy Smile
october 7 is nintendos press event for games linup and info on the system i shall be looking forward to it as well as sonys announcement with pricing and bat life the date of which no one knows.
with ds not at tgs all the reviewers have been comparing psp to ps2 which has i think given the system unfair publicity.and gives the impression of ports even though there were so few.

Attached Files
.jpg   tgs_c21.jpg (Size: 59.82 KB / Downloads: 9)
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
wrxh8r Wrote:Im thinking i may want both.depend on what games nintendo anounces as to whether i get ds but a psp is a deffinate for me.im a fan of rpgs and hence major sony fan never gotten into portable gaming before as i couldnt bring myself to pay much for such archaic technology that nintendo makes and then they put such small games on it that a bunch of programers could have made in their garage back in the amiga days, then just to make you feel really great charge you almost full console prices for the games and hardware (maybe thats just new zealand) In other words ive always been put off by the price. $55 a pop is just to much for such simple games (especially in gb gbc day) To give you an idea about price the gbaConfusedp befor new price cut was about $40 cheaper than ps2 and games $3 cheaper.
Other than the nasty price tag ive always wanted to play the odd gba game mainly rpgs so a ds is a posability.im a little worried about the controls more than anything.its supposed to be about portable gaming and while i dont expect to be able to run and play at the same time i wouldnt mind knowing just how to hold the ds and play it with a stylus is meant to work.i would like to see the screen used in more the urbs (sims) stylz than the maps that iv mainly seen.as having to look away while driving to see map is annoying.
Its great that sony has jumped in as competition is great for consumers.the psp already has 20+ rpgs in the works and is a little more maturely(older aimed).it has mp3 support which is a bonus.A screen thats actually good.and some dam fine games coming out for it.nintendo fanboys will say its just ps2 ports just like psp fanboys say n64 ports for ds but i think thats all just overexageration.psp doesnt have many ports and those that are ive never really played anyway but prob still wouldnt buy Smile
october 7 is nintendos press event for games linup and info on the system i shall be looking forward to it as well as sonys announcement with pricing and bat life the date of which no one knows.
with ds not at tgs all the reviewers have been comparing psp to ps2 which has i think given the system unfair publicity.and gives the impression of ports even though there were so few.
Well i really wouldn't call the Gba archaic technology considering its an actual 32bit handheld. And they really are not small games just because of the carteriges.. Since ROM technologys have came along ways so they can put alot of information into those small cartrigies..

And i don't know about prices up there but for us we are only charged $30 for a brand new GBA game while any new game for a console is $50
yeah well i exagerate but what i mean is That back in the amiga days alot of games looked better and i doubt had anywhere near the development cost.in nz gba games seem to average $85 dollars for new titles where as new ps2 $90 dollar nz.at the end of the day ive always just been of the opinion why get old gta when i can have gta3.however this really is unfair as the two systems shouldnt be compared.I only have to drive 10minutes to get to work.when i was living in a bigger city was when i was tempted to buy a gba cause i would spend about 2 hours a day on a bus.
and with that price i really cant blame people for emulation.The funny thing is i havnt even bothered doing that.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
You make some good points but the GBA is so far ahead of the Amiga its not even funny.

Slightly off topic for a moment: I really hate when people are ignorant towards 2D and are so dumb that they cannot tell the difference between super mario bros on the NES and Guilty Gear XX. And if I ever hear another review for a capcom games that says "uses the same 10 year old sprites" then I'll just beat them over the head with their own idiocy because it is just untrue.

Its the equivelant of playing MGS2 and saying "uses the same old PSX models". I mean its blatantly untrue and just rediculous and really shows how ignorant most reviewers are these days. Maybe its just fashionable to try and bash 2D or something by idiots, I'm not sure but if these people cannot tell the difference between super mario bros on the NES and GGXX then they need to get their head checked and a serious eye exam.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:You make some good points but the GBA is so far ahead of the Amiga its not even funny.

Slightly off topic for a moment: I really hate when people are ignorant towards 2D and are so dumb that they cannot tell the difference between super mario bros on the NES and Guilty Gear XX. And if I ever hear another review for a capcom games that says "uses the same 10 year old sprites" then I'll just beat them over the head with their own idiocy because it is just untrue.

Its the equivelant of playing MGS2 and saying "uses the same old PSX models". I mean its blatantly untrue and just rediculous and really shows how ignorant most reviewers are these days. Maybe its just fashionable to try and bash 2D or something by idiots, I'm not sure but if these people cannot tell the difference between super mario bros on the NES and GGXX then they need to get their head checked and a serious eye exam.

I agree, it seems that reviews has somthing against 2D games. However, the mag I read, PSM, they are review all games fairly and I dont think I have ever heard them say, "the same old sprites". However, it is just a playstation mag so they are kinda one track minded.
Well I remember the hype about GBA. "n64 graphics". Well how wrong were the magazines?

Well personally I prefer the psp to the ds. I find the dual screen more of a gimmick than anything else. Sure it might be useful for a lot of games, but other than that I can't see it being used very well.
When I'm deciding what console to buy, I don't factor in stuff like DVD players as a point. If I want to watch DVDs, I would watch them on a DVD player.

Same with Sony's PSP. If I want to listen to MP3's, I wouldn't lug that thing around, I get a protable MP3 player for way less.

Anway, I'm all for the Gameboy DS. It looks great, and I can't wait to be able to play some of my fav. mario games on the go. Plus, it already has an army of available games, which is an even bigger plus.
new news about PSP being delayed till as late as November 2005. thats like around the same time as the new nintendo console coming out and microsoft console. they are going to run there handheld into the ground if its delayed till NOV. 2005.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
I suppose so. That is too long to wait. I'd probably buy the nintendo ds because of that.