Import Anime Forums

Full Version: PSP or DS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Everyone knows about these 2 handhelds. Which one are you getting, if either? I am leaning towards the DS because Nintendo is pretty much guarenteed to come out with good games, and then already in progress is a new Castlevania, a new Secret of Mana, and Square remakes. But I'm unsure of how it will play. And I'm just not impressed with the games for PSP. That Metal Gear is gonna be bad, I know it. You can't turn that kind of game into a strategy game. But hey, maybe they will surprise me. Let me know your thoughts.
As long as I can't take a picture with it, go online, make a phone call, watch dvds, or make a cappucino with it, I'm leaning more towards the DS. Sony has been working on this PSP since 1998. I haven't been impressed with Sony's first wave of hardware products anyway.
Ok i edited the title of your thread.. As there are no "vs" threads allowed in the gaming forums.. But you really didn't ask a "vs" question you just asked what people are going to probably get or are looking forward to..

but back to subject.. I am more interested in the DS as i wanna see what kind of games will be on it.. and how nintendo will take it.. Plus i just wanna play the metriod game on it.
psp as long as it isnt really really expensive.
well you can probably rule out it being cheap.. i almost think it would be $200-300 starting price..
wow thats quite a bit. but its still probaly worth it.
yukimoritenchen Wrote:wow thats quite a bit. but its still probaly worth it.
Note i said think.. I don't know or haven't heard what it will actually be.. I am just guessing.. and i don't think it would be worth it.. Don't really wanna play GT on it.. or any of the other games that are coming out with it. I mean its not a system to sit down and you mean to play for a while.. Its suppose to be a portable where play it here and there etc.. Also knowing sony's record which hardware quality.. I would almost say they would break after a few months of carrying them around.. Never have trusted sony's hardware quality with things..
o i thought that u would be able to play normal games for playstation and playstation two on it.
No, just a common missconception brought about from Sony's secrecy, hype and fanboys.

I'm not really too into handhelds so I might give both a miss, I mean most of the DS stuff is rehases of N64 games or just the same old Nintendo franchises again. And the PSP seems to have a bunch of games that are already out on the PS2 and I'm not paying full price again just to play an inferior version of games I already own/are already out just because it is portable.

Plus the price of both machines will be outrageous, more than what the current next gen consoles that floor them cost.

But thats just me...everyone has their own opinion so maybe the handheld enthusiasts will lap these up.
The more and more I hear about the PSP, it will be a complete failer in my mind. All the games coming out, no one will play becaues they are just new games in a series on the ps2 and no one will buy a movie to watch on a PSP unless they are stupid. It just doesnt seem to me that sony will get it correct the first time.

And the DS, I hope will be good. I will only buy it if there are some new games comeing out, not just a bunch of remake stuff. And I dont know if Nintendo is really going to be able to pull the double screen thing off. I just dont think there are enough uses for two screens.
I will get the new Nintendo system, one of the reasons why people get hand held system is because its a good pass time, if you are in the car or waiting somewhere or whatever, its good to play a nice simple game... I dont care to get boggled down with 3D gaming while i am killing time and once the time comes to go, i would have to play for another 3 hours before i get to the save point...

if u want to play 3D games, just keep playing PS2... the end...
My money's on the PSP. After reading this article: http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/516/516005p1.html
it seems to me the best system is by far the PSP. However, the DS games do appear to be better and original. But I believe this is only the beggining of things, I'm sure there will be in time really cool games for the PSP as well, after all nearly 100 publishers have already committed to make games for it. And then there's the fact that the PSP will play movies and digital music.
http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/18/commenta...mn_gaming/

-spike- Wrote:The more and more I hear about the PSP, it will be a complete failer in my mind. All the games coming out, no one will play becaues they are just new games in a series on the ps2 and no one will buy a movie to watch on a PSP unless they are stupid.

I don't agree! Being able to watch movies in the PSP will be a great time to kill time at school or on a long road trip or something like that.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I don't agree! Being able to watch movies in the PSP will be a great time to kill time at school or on a long road trip or something like that.

Why buy a movie for the PSP when you could just buy it on dvd. You can only play the movie that you buy for the PSP, on the PSP.
why cant you all say both?
well ill probaly end up getting both ill get the DS at launch and the psp when they drop the price and i see some outstanding games if they ever have some. nintendo knows handhelds and well they make some good shit so thats why i think they will be on top of the handheld market forever. plus the ds looks diffrent from regular portable systems the psp is the same as old game boys with better graphics thats it and a new media format thats it i want something new and creative, the touch screen is that to me new and diffrent. so thats the main reason i want it. its something diffrent in the world of gaming also cant wait to see nintendo reveloution cant wait to see there new console. they say it will revolutionize gaming !

-LE
Its got 2 screens and touch screen compatiblity...nice but hardly revolutionary, its not like it obeys your thoughts or anything. Besides its not the 1st game related device to have touch screen, the Tapwave Zodiac has touch screen too, and its been used in hundreds of devices before. And the 2 screens is a nice idea but I get the feeling it will be like the GBA's "4-player from 1 cart!!!". That lasted about 5 mins, and only for about 12 games. So its a nice idea but it sounds too much like a gimmick to me, the most it will have will be something like a map, or a logo, or some dancing chibi character. I could be wrong but from past experience I think this is most likely.

The bottom line is that neither console has enough new and original content to make me want to buy them. Thats the GBA's main problem too, and it seems that the DS and PSP are following suit. Especially when both of them are going to be pretty expensive.
Pages: 1 2 3 4