Books Recommendations
Zagatto Wrote:Oh man... Preacher was sheer brilliance. I don't quite put 100 Bullets in the same league as Preacher but it's still a good comic.

Preacher was awesome, I hold it up there with Sandman, I have been reading the Tale of Genji and American Gods (for the 4th time).
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Speaking of comics, I recommend "The Watchmen". I found it to be an interesting read.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Vicious what would you suggest for reading material??? I would of suggested Ginsburg, but most people can't grasp his type of writing. The others would be Homer or The Ililad but they fall under the same catigory as Ginsburg's work
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
On the other end of the literary spectrum, I would recommend people check out Battle Royale. I'm halfway through this 600-page novel, and it definitely deserves a read by any fan of the first movie, as the movie is based on this very controversial and graphic novel.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
In a way Battle Royale the book did remind me of the book Lord of The Flies. That whole survivor pecking order thing
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:Vicious what would you suggest for reading material??? I would of suggested Ginsburg, but most people can't grasp his type of writing. The others would be Homer or The Ililad but they fall under the same catigory as Ginsburg's work

I told you. Those pop up books that you used to read as a kid. You thought I was kidding? Big Grin
Yuki, I love the redwall series too. Haven't read any in a long time. I used to read them to my brother and I would pronounce a lot of things wrong like "Tsarmina" or the war cry.
I can't believe I forgot to suggest "Seven Citadels" by Geraldine Harris. It's comprised of 4 books:

Prince of the Godborn: Kerish, third son of the Emperor, sets out to find the mythical savior, imprisoned behind seven gates by seven sorcerors, who alone can save the nation Galkis.
Children of the Wind: Kerish, prince of Galkis, travels through the deadly marshes of Lan-Pin-Fria to obtain the key he needs to continue his search for his nation's savior.
The Dead Kingdom: The impulsive Kerish and his three companions continue their quest for the seven keys needed to save the kingdom of Galkis, nearing the citadel of the fourth sorceror, Saroc.
The Seventh Gate: Nearing the conclusion of their search for the seven keys to the prison of the Saviour of Galkis, Kerish and his companions are captured by the ruthless Brigands of Fangmere while on their way to the Forbidden Jungle of Jenze.

The best story I've ever read!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I noticed some manga getting mentioned in here, but none nearly as great as the works of Naoki Urasawa. Now im not much of an actual book reader, in fact i havent read a book in like 3 years, so I can't say that any of those books that were mentioned are bad. But I can most certainly recomend Urasawa's Monster and 20th Century Boys. I have NEVER read anything better than it. Strong plot, and NOTHING in the manga isnt shown unless it has something to do with it. So thats Monster and 20th Century Boys. If you have not read them already, you will not be dissapointed. If you need to know where to find it, just contact me. Smile
Ender's Game
Killua404 Wrote:I noticed some manga getting mentioned in here, but none nearly as great as the works of Naoki Urasawa. Now im not much of an actual book reader, in fact i havent read a book in like 3 years, so I can't say that any of those books that were mentioned are bad. But I can most certainly recomend Urasawa's Monster and 20th Century Boys. I have NEVER read anything better than it. Strong plot, and NOTHING in the manga isnt shown unless it has something to do with it. So thats Monster and 20th Century Boys. If you have not read them already, you will not be dissapointed. If you need to know where to find it, just contact me. Smile

I'm collecting Monster at the moment and it is indeed very good. It is manga aimed at adults (seinen). I have yet to read 20th Century Boys but I will do so sooner or later because if it's as good as Monster then it's great.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
kakomu Wrote:Books I reccomend: The Hot Zone, Eye of the World, Brave New World, Foundation (all of it), and if you wish a precursor to Foundation: I, Robot, Robot Dreams and the rest of Asimov's Robot books.

I second Kakomu's recommendations. I enjoyed reading Foundation very much. I think I read Foundation three times and never got bored with it. In fact, I recommend any of Asimov's books if you like old school science fiction. The ending of Evangelion reminded me somewhat of the ending of Foundation series, The Foundation and Earth. Those of you who read the book probably know what I am talking about.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I'm collecting Monster at the moment and it is indeed very good. It is manga aimed at adults (seinen). I have yet to read 20th Century Boys but I will do so sooner or later because if it's as good as Monster then it's great.
You will not be dissapointed with 20th Century Boys. Very good read, i just wish october 30th would come sooner Sad