Video game icons
I was thinking recently about how most game systems always had a core game that everybody recognized them by

NES- Mario
Sega- Sonic
3DO - Gex
turbo graf 16 - Bonk

I am just tring to remeber if any of the other sytems had them and who they were?

Well, Sony always had a bunch, but it is probably Crash Bandicoot or Spyro for the psone at least...
I would go with Crash for the PS1, I don't think Spyro came out on the PS1 in its first year it was out not sure

The old Atari 2600 is closely associated with Space Invaders and Pac Man.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
halo and xbox
Oh Yeah, Pac Man the king of the oldies I love that game

I think I would put Tetris for the old gameboy

Not really sure about Neo Geo havent found that one game yet that was a dirstinct marketing icon for them

NES also has the ninja gaidens
Yeah, NES had the Ninja Gaiden but I don't think they were ever marketed together the same was as the other mascots mentioned here.

I know they pushed the Neo Geo Pocket with the King of Fighters game. That game was the only one that would communicate with the Dreamcast if you had the cable for it.

So few people are even aware of the Neo Geo home unit that I think it's fair to say they don't have any marketing connection there at all.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Its a shame about the Neo Geo it was one great rig. 3DO is another one I wish would of lasted if panasonic would of not charged so much it might of lasted longed. I had always seen that 3DO was poised to release a newer version in 95 that would of been comparable to what the dreamcast was able to do but went banckrupt before the launch could happen. Panasonic needed 6 more months and was unable to survive long enough Shame

Mario is probably the most recognized still to this day followed by Sonic, what the hell is a bandicoot?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Old NES always had a habit of getting the most annoying can't get it out of my head music for alot of its games of the period, Mario 1 and 2 , Zelda, Castlevania, Comando. The list goes on

pokemon for the game boy/advance/sp
will any us ever be able to forget the music from tetris

tetris plus is crack
Great I havent played Tetris for at least 5-6 years and like a drug adict I have a want to play it again now because of humming that evil song