Video game icons
I've only had the pleasure of playing that game in the arcades. Those maracca controllers were way too expensive to buy for the DC.
Shenmue is an amaizing game, i first playd it when a friend bought his console round, and after that i allways wanted one. I never ended up getting one, but when i got my xbox the first game i actually bought was shenmue II. The ending got me a bit pissed off, as i was really into it, but still no show of #3. Another good thing bout the game was the arcades, where u cud play all the retro games +darts.
I remember in Shenmue II (at least for the DC), there was this pause trick to win the dice game everytime. I must've played that mini-game alone for hours, and racked up some serious cash.
remember the game where u had to grop the ball from the top and land in a winning slot at the bottom, that was cool. But i have to admit at one time i cheated on thee hi ghest stake one, i played and lossed so i hrestarted and had try again. Sad
NES has to be one of the best systems along with the DC. I don't believe DC died from Sony but it was the lack of RPGs that killed it. Every system that did well had loads of RPGs in it's software library (NES,SNES,PS1,PS2). Especially the SNES.

I don't know but is there a icon for C64?? I guess it would be the words "LOAD *.*" followed by return then "RUN".
DC dies more so from the financial shortcomings SEGA had SEGA always had released argueable a better system then NES or anybody else they just had the avertising jinx and internal company problems. I remember playing Sonic on the Game Gear when most people were playing tetris on the game boy and Oh Yeah it was in color not a drab green color
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Anyone remember the Sega saturn (or which ever one came out just b4 the origanal playstation) wasnt that the biggest flop of all consoles. The only reason i knew about it was because my next door neighbour had one.
Biggest flop Hmmm you remember the Philips CD-I came with the games Space Ace and Dragon Slayer lasted less then a year and it was gone
Excel saga
The saturn, The PC-FX and NEOGEO CD systems were all CD based and had the best hardware yet they all flopped. It seems you gotta have sucky hardware and a cheap price just so developers will flock to your system and make RPGs that barely use the system's power. Then again Sony had a signed agreement with Square to produce games with Sony for 7 years so that had to help alot in the loyal fan sector.

To get back on topic a icon for the C64 could be "The Last Ninja". hehe.... I guess I'm showing my age.
I think I was just to connected with the Atari 2600-7600 to remember the C64. to many sleepless nights playing pac man, dig dug, Joust
Excel saga
i dont know any of those, the C64, The PC-FX NEOGEO or the CD-I
Just some of us old foogies spouting off fahad17 we do it all the time
Excel saga
You guys forgot to mention the doomed Turbo Duo. It was a CD based system long before the Sega Saturn hit the market. The biggest problem is that the same parent company that owned Turbo Duo also owned SNES and decided to drop support of the TG-16 and Turbo Duo and focus their attention to the larger SNES market (the parent company for both companies is TEC... the Tokyo Electric Company).

I loved my Turbo Duo and had some of the best side scrolling shooters ever made for any system. I'm not an RPG player so I can't comment on those games.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Well the saturn wasn't a flop by most standers. In the days of the 3DO, Atari Jag, and NEO-GEO. It did better than all three of those combined. IT also has the mose anime releases of any system. It had an Icon in Japan but he was for there commercials. I think Nights and the fightings titles were it's biggest draw.

Super Nintendo had Link and Metriod as it's biggest Icon's. N64 Icon is and always will be Goldeneye.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Oh yeah Turbo Duo.... that system was kick arse as it's younger brother TG 16. Saturn does have alot of date sim anime titles. That's why I want one. ^^

Strange how goldeneye became an icon of the n64. EGM said goldeneye was one of the top 10 worst games. Oh well who cares I love goldeneye.