Video game icons
EGm also said tha Donkey Kong Country was one of the worst games ever. That just went to show me that they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Sony does live on 3rd party games. That is why when the PS2 apperard it didn't have squat for games and had to relie on it's backwards compatablity. Sony is now switching sides with the PSP. Tell me if you own the movie "Resident Evil" on DVD will you spend 30 bucks to buy it in Sonys new media format. Me the answer is easy ...Hell no

Where in the DS is staying with what we know. Going look you can play all of you favorite GBA games on the DS. Leaving the 3rd parties going well.. there are already millions of GB sold... so we know the game is going to get played either in GBA or an DS.... Sounds good to me.

Sony has no Icon's that has hurt them and now that EA is giving Xbox live support Sony has been delt another blow. Not going to stop them but it doesn't help them either.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
wouldn't Sony's icom for PS1 or PS2 be argueable Spyro or Crash Bandacoot
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Well, when sony FIRST started advertising for the Playstation they had this really spikey polygon head thing in all their ads. It wasn't really a character from any of the games, but it was supposed to represent that the Playstation was taking things from the 2-D world of sprites to the 3-D world of polygons. So, he was the first mascot of sorts. I have an old copy of EGM from like sept '95 and there are lots of ads for the upcoming playstation (it hadn't been released quite yet) and each one had that spikey polygon head thing. He was mostly referred to as 'polygon man'. I can't find any pics online of him though... I'll post one as soon as I find one...
I didn't know that, well of course my head was still in the clouds with 3DO when PS1 first came out
Excel saga
Ah, 3D0. That brings back some memories, both good and bad. My favorite game for that system was probably Super Street Fighter II Turbo, even though the controller was totally inappropriate for the game.
3DO had some kick ass games for its time. Gex, Super Street Fighter II , Super Wing Commander III, D&D Death Keep. It would of been cool to see what the second generation 3DO player and games would of been like if 3DO had lasted.
Excel saga
3DO and NEOGEO seem to be in the same boat. They both had kick arse games for their time. Why do good systems like these die so easily? Strange though that PS1 didn't die that way cause I could have sworn that the saturn could have kept up with PS1 if it had the right support/hardware development.
The NEOGEO didn't die easily... it was around for years and years with new games being released at a ridiculously slow rate. I believe it originally hit the shelves in 1990 and had games come out for it as late as 2001. 11 years isn't a bad run in the console industry. About the only platform that's been running longer than that is the venerable GameBoy (which isn't the best... just the most prolific).
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I am not sure but I think they were still making new games for the Neo Geo Pocket less then 4 years ago
Excel saga
Yeah but that's a different platform.
I'm not just talking about NEO GEO the company, I'm talking about developing cartridges for thier first system that was released in 1990. There were still those freakin' huge cartridges coming out till at least 2000 (Garou: Mark of the Wolves). I'm not sure if they released a game in 2001 on cartridge or not.

OK... I just did my research and found that Metal Slug 4 was the last game released for the original console and it came out in 2002.

There are rumours that the newly reformed SNK is continuing to develop games that will be backwards compatible with the original system that came out way back in 1991.

Read the whole NEO GEO story HERE in this very long link from GameSpot . It has way more information than I could have hoped for about the video game industry and it is well written with lots of good refernce material.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Ahhhh Mark of the Wolf I loved the side 2D arcade fighting games that SNK had on the Neo Geo cart lots of button mashing. Metal Slug though I lovd the game but I won't even get into how many quarters I put into that one (I might of put some kid though college)
Excel saga