Best Episodes Part #1 Cowbow Bebop
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I don't know. I don't agree with that at all. It was not based on it at all and just because there were some similarities does not mean that they had to take it off the air.

No, I didn't mean the episode was BASED on 9-11 (obviously, anime from 1998), I just meant that there were too many similarities for cartoon network to stomach. I do remember that eps #6 and #8 were quickly put back into the rotation the next time around, but it was at least 2-3 more runs before they put 'Cowboy Funk' back in...

here is a quote from mr. Kyle Pope from ANN:

Quote:This is the last of the three episodes CN has deleted from its run of Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim. Anyone who has seen the episode can certainly understand why CN might not have wanted to air this one. Essentially you have a comedy involving a terrorist destroying skyscrapers. Nonetheless most fans of CB rate this as one of the top episodes and it's a tragedy that it didn't get aired. If there was ever a reason to rent or buy CB on DVD or VHS, this episode is a prime example.
I know what you meant. I was just saying that I don't agree with the policy of taking something off of the air because of 'similarities'.
here is more...

1. Episode deleted again.

Quote:Reports are that the reason this episode was skipped again was because the people at CN lost the tape. This last of the "lost episodes" should air normally next week. If that's the case then this list will be updated accordingly.

this explains it a little better too...
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I know what you meant. I was just saying that I don't agree with the policy of taking something off of the air because of 'similarities'.

I agree.
I feel it's a disservice to the public and the memory of the people who died on September 11 to remove all traces of the World Trade Center from popular media.

The most stupid thing that was done in my opinion was the re-editing of the Spiderman movie to take the WTC off the sky-line in every shot. I still have the original trailer where he catches the helecopter between the two towers. That was cool stuff and it's a shame that it's been locked away for fear of offending someone.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Thats messed up because the Teddy Bruski was acually one of the more amusing episodes. But like anything that happens everything we get to see and experience is censored and filtered because they belive our little minds are to fragil to accept things

Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
Thats messed up because the Teddy Bruski was acually one of the more amusing episodes. But like anything that happens everything we get to see and experience is censored and filtered because they belive our little minds are to fragil to accept things

I think they care more about not alienating their advertisers. Wink All it takes is some loud and self-righteous parents making a stink and then the whole world thinks they are doing terrible things over at CN. Rolleyes
Oh yeah the almighty dollar. I don't agree with the reasoning to pulling stuff. But I fully understand the $. It is a shame though that a very small # who sometimes knows nothing about what they are tring to ban or change can ruin things for everyone

Quote:Originally posted by meoryo
Pierrot Le Fou. It has some crazy cool action scenes. Also, the last episode is also very cool.

Agreed, it reminded me of a Batman animated series episode.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I feel it's a disservice to the public and the memory of the people who died on September 11 to remove all traces of the World Trade Center from popular media.

The most stupid thing that was done in my opinion was the re-editing of the Spiderman movie to take the WTC off the sky-line in every shot. I still have the original trailer where he catches the helecopter between the two towers. That was cool stuff and it's a shame that it's been locked away for fear of offending someone.

Catching that helicopter was pretty cool. Better than anything else he did in the official release.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
Agreed, it reminded me of a Batman animated series episode.

I never thought of it like that but it is a lot like a Batman animated series episode. Except at the end when Batman usually gives a witty comment when he learns what was really going on Spike just says "I don't need it anymore". Classic.
sympathy for the devil is one of my favs. plus ballad of fallen angels. and several others but i havn't watch the series in awhile so can't remember the titles of the eps. i also likeed the one with the chess master.
israfel I think that episode was called Chess Master Hex. Now you got me pulling the disks out again to check

a buddy of mine is barrowing my bebop set so i can't even check.
I stand corrected the episode with chess master Hex was # 14 Bohemian Rhapsody