Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best Episodes Part #1 Cowbow Bebop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know most of you are not to big on best and worst threads so I am going to limit my extent in this continuing series I will do to one per week of this type in this series. Plus this gives me extra motivation to rewatch some of the series I own. OK anyway I will start with Cowboy Bebop because it is a very known series that most of us have seen. What was your fav episode of the series? My personal pick was Mushroom Samba, for a few reasons first it was the very first episode of Bebop I ever saw. The other is Ed is such a weird character and the episode really revolves around her and Ein The music, story, action sequences and comedy blended very good on this episode.

There are so many good ones, but I guess if I had to choose an absolute fave of the whole series I'd have to pick 'Ballad of Fallen Angels', followed closely by 'Cowboy Funk' and 'Pierre Le Fou' (sp?)
Edward is my favorite character so it goes without saying that by far Mushroom Samba is my favorite.

Toys in the Attic is pretty good too along with Cowboy Funk.
Episode #5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels.
Ep. #5: Ballad of Fallen Angels

Favorite scene of entire series: Spike falling of the top of the church with Yokko Kano on the background. It's still gives me goosebumps just because I love that scene so much.

Also the last part of Bebop reminds me of a part of THE MATRIX (first movie) when he is entering the building alone against all of Vicious guys, and when Neo and Trinity enter the building agasit all those guys to rescue Morphius. (Just a thought that always goes through my mind).
Pierrot Le Fou. It has some crazy cool action scenes. Also, the last episode is also very cool.
meoryo take a look at your Avatar it isn't showing up right now

Mushroom Samba!

Toys in the Attic is also very high up on my list... hilarity.
Ballad of Fallen Angels is the first that comes to mind just for the falling scene. I bought the VHS tapes when this was first released and actually wore that tape out by rewinding and playing that scene over and over again. It would be cool on it's own just for the visuals but Yoko Kanno's soundtrack makes it one of the most haunting pieces of animation I've ever seen.

As a runner up I also enjoyed the episode where Spike teaches the kid the basics of Jeet Kune Do. I forget the name of that episode but it stands out in my mind.

Another great runner up is the episode where we meet Ed for the first time. I love all the varying descriptions of her and the way she takes over the police cruiser and the Bebop via remote control.
I like all of them to be honest. I guess my fav episodes are Jupiter Jazz (1 and 2) along with Toys in the Attic and Ballad of a Fallen Angel.

The episode where spike teaches that jeet kun do the dialog where he flips the guy over is from a Bruce Lee movie I just don't remember which one.
So far this is what I can tell about your choices

1) Ballad of Fallen Angles
2)Mushroom Samba
3) Toys in the Attic or Pierrot Le Fou

i
As a runner up I also enjoyed the episode where Spike teaches the kid the basics of Jeet Kune Do. I forget the name of that episode but it stands out in my mind.

That is like episode 8 or something and is called 'Waltz for Venus' I believe.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
That is like episode 8 or something and is called 'Waltz for Venus' I believe.

Yah, I remember that was one of the three 'cut' episodes because of Sept. 11. I remember that right after 9-11, they did run 'ballad of fallen angels' thankfully, but then they jumped right past #6 'sympathy for the devil'

I think they put both those back in rotation the next time they ran the series, but it was a while before 'Cowboy Funk' was put in the schedule. But, who can blame them, that one starts out with a 'twin tower' type building getting bombed...:eek:
Quote:Originally posted by rarnom

I think they put both those back in rotation the next time they ran the series, but it was a while before 'Cowboy Funk' was put in the schedule. But, who can blame them, that one starts out with a 'twin tower' type building getting bombed...:eek:

I don't know. I don't agree with that at all. It was not based on it at all and just because there were some similarities does not mean that they had to take it off the air.

The other thing that pisses me off is that there is this one old Biggie song (I forget the name at the moment) where he goes 'blowin' up like the World Trade'. This was recorded like 10 years ago and obviously had nothing to do with 9/11. But as recent as last week when I heard it on the air, they will bleep out the words 'World Trade'. WTF!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4