What is being an adult like?
Well a few of us fall into this special group. The 24 to 26 year olds. Wehave lived long enough to know the joys and hardships of teens, college, and ill fated love. We also have started down the road to Family, Children, and PTA's. I am going to give you the v=best and hard advise to follow.

"It is not how much money you make, It's how much money does it take to make you happy or content with your life."

Some would say the more money the better, But this has it's draw backs. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have been qouted as saying they lost a lot of free time, love, and other things to achieve the level of Fame and sucsses they have recived. This were the afore mentioned statement applies to you. (Being those under the age of 18) Pick a job you enjoy first. Who cares if it makes all the money if you hate doing it. This is why factory line works get paid well, because the job is boring. Second after narrowing the field of jobs/careers down choose the one that has the most + and the less -. What I mean is one may offer yo 20 dollars an hour but may require you to give up your weekends or miss your kids soccer games. There are as Dark put it... Ups and Downs to life.
Last choose something that has a lasting quality. An example is cars. There will always be a need for car repairs, it also pays pretty well since so many cars now come with computers in them. This a job that will be with us for a very long time.

Last piece of advise... sometimes Less means more. Less hours at work means more time for the things you enjoy. Like anime...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
What I mean is one may offer yo 20 dollars an hour but may require you to give up your weekends or miss your kids soccer games. There are as Dark put it... Ups and Downs to life.
Last choose something that has a lasting quality. An example is cars. There will always be a need for car repairs, it also pays pretty well since so many cars now come with computers in them. This a job that will be with us for a very long time.

Last piece of advise... sometimes Less means more. Less hours at work means more time for the things you enjoy. Like anime...

Morg, you are so right! Yesterday I watched The Stepford Wives and the movie somewhat revolved around the fact that career people (both men and women) neglect their families because of work, in fact they even neglect themselves. This is something you should avoid doing, Ryoku Slayer, unless you want to end up miserable and with a nervous break down. Yes, money is important but there are more important things. Like family, friends, quality time for yourself...
When I told you to choose a degree that will allow you to earn more money I didn't mean that you should chose something you don't like. If you are like me you like many things so like Morg said among the things you like choose the one that has more advantages than less disadvantages. Computer Engenieering has something that pleases me very much, it will allow me to travel around the world. Even if on business I'll get to travel much. I have a friend who finished college last year and on Monday she's going to leave for a 2 month stay in Taiwan, after that she'll be working here for a few weeks and then she will be travelling all over the world. In my opinion that's amazing! And the good thing is companies here do that a lot. So you see, I'm going to have a job I like, one that pays well and that will allow me to travel which is something I love. It's all a matter of choice.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
(In referrence to the post about being afraid.)

Why be afraid? The world around you changes not you. It is up to you to change to fit the world around you if you desire to. My parents told me by the time I hit 18 I would grow out of the things I like and well I haven't yet. The most important thing about being an adult is to critically evaluate everything and to do something about things you don't like in your life. As far as losing a taste for anime I don't that will happen with you but I do believe it will take a back seat when you meet the person of your dreams, start having kids and staying on top of your duties. Life is full of compromises and you must evaluate what you wanna give up for what you want to have.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
Wow... I must be jaded.
I look at $10/hr as basic entry level stuff and won't even touch it most of the time unless I'm hurting for cash. That's part of what getting a good education can do for you.
Before I got fired I was making $37,000/yr which works out to about $17.50/hr.

He's right. It's pretty easy to get a job paying $10 an hour. Right now, I'm at about where you were before you got fired, except minus the benefits. I figure if I get hired on permanently, it should be around 50K. I'm so hoping I get hired on permanently. It's cool working contracts because you get try a bunch of different jobs and companies, but you never know if you'll have a job 6 months from now.

Thing that pisses me off is that with the cost of living around here, 50K is still not enough. With an income like that, I might be able to afford payment on a 200K house. But the average price for houses in this area is like 350K. So I can't even afford to buy a house.

If I get hired permanently, I might work here a few years and then see if I can get transferred to Dallas or Houston since I hear average prices for houses down there are like $120K.
So true on many points, but growing out of stuff. You make it sound like a pair of pants or shoes. I believe that it is are parents and friends that infulince are likes and dislikes. There are some instances were a chance meeting takes place and you gain a hobby you never knew about. But if you like anime now there is no reason to think you will grow out of it. Or video games, they have become a great medium to tell a story. Look at the game Mafia. This could be the lost story arc of a Godfather movie. But it is in a form that we can more feel like we are a part of the action, instead of looking thru the looking glass. Don't stop caring for things because you think they are childish. Change comes and goes, but passion is something that either burns or burns out. Which are you?
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Woah, maybe I should post before I look more Ignorant. Ten dollars an hour is good pay when your in college. Cidien, is in college, I was telling HIM that.

morgorath, your right about getting a job you like. I plan on getting a job in IT for a while until I round up some cash to make a small Buisness(like a game shop or something). It's what I always wanted t do...IT may pay more but, c'mon Which would you choose 'getting payed alot of cash to do something you're good at but don't like' or 'doing what you love, getting a resonable amout of cash so you can live ok(Plus, getting ass-loads of discount on your stuff).'

Oh another plus to working in Disney: They sell anime In the Japan pavilion in Epcot at a normal price and on christmas we get a 40% discount on everthing.

Beside I just heard this on comedy central: Do you realize that 60 years from now old people will be listening to rapSmile So, don't be sad Ryoku.

Now, I gotta go whatch the stuff JJ sent me(btw, thanks jj 3 days...holy crap I live in Florida thats pretty far away. Did you drive down here over night.)
He he... who needs a signature when you got such a cute ass kitty avatar.

I think I'll call him McGuffin
Well, as an adult, I can tell you, the sex is GREAT. Maybe it was my ex-girlfriend, or maybe it was the both of us, but everytime seemed better than the last. If you're like me, nymphos are the way to go, unless you want a deep relationship, which I'm not entire ready for at the moment.
I make a littl eover 12 bux an hour thank God. I hardly have any money because of bills and groceries. Good thing I don't have a girlfriend or I'd be living in a ditch.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Just date a rich girl. Rich gals love tacky and cheap stuff cause it shows you care. I always seem to end up with rich gals liking me or at least me liking them without knowing they are rich.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
Well, as an adult, I can tell you, the sex is GREAT. Maybe it was my ex-girlfriend, or maybe it was the both of us, but everytime seemed better than the last. If you're like me, nymphos are the way to go, unless you want a deep relationship, which I'm not entire ready for at the moment.

You know, you don't have to be an adult to have sex!

Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
I make a littl eover 12 bux an hour thank God. I hardly have any money because of bills and groceries. Good thing I don't have a girlfriend or I'd be living in a ditch.

Women who let men pay for everything really piss me off! It makes us look bad and then we hear men say things like: "Good thing I don't have a girlfriend or I'd be living in a ditch."! That sort of behaviour is shameful, especially nowadays.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Trust "Adults" to change the Conversation round to Sex
Rolleyes
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
When I first got my driver's license (immedietly after I turned 16) and I drove around by myself, it felt SOOOOOO good to be on my own. Man I loved it. (I can't wait until I get my own apartment!)

I used to always think about 'yeah, bagging groceries is boring, but if I was being paid I'd do it', but it's nothing like actually HAVING to do it.

I now work at McDonalds (once again I'd like to point out I'm only 16, so this is only for extra cash and not supporting myself), and at first I was so MISERABLE there. I couldn't believe it. I almost quit, but I stuck through it, and now I love my job. It's so incredibly flexible, and the other workers there are SO funny, and always playing pranks on each other or seeing movies together after work.

But mostly, once you get a job you'll see just what you need to be prepared for. I'm so glad I didn't quit, because I grew up a lot when I started working. And I still have a full social life, so it's not like I devote myself to work.

Don't worry about growing up. Just make it up as it goes.
Quote:Originally posted by Andromeda18_
Women who let men pay for everything really piss me off! It makes us look bad and then we hear men say things like: "Good thing I don't have a girlfriend or I'd be living in a ditch."! That sort of behaviour is shameful, especially nowadays.

I don't know if I'm getting what you say here but what I personally meant was I barely make enough to support myself let alone enough to spend a good time out with someone else whether they are paying or not.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Im Lame but i think this is kinda appropriate for this Thread.......

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ?99
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be
it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by
scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable
than my own meandering
experience?I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not
understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded.
But trust me, in 20 years you?ll look back at photos of yourself and
recall in a way you can?t grasp now how much possibility lay before
you and how fabulous you really looked?.You?re not as fat as you
imagine.

Don?t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm
on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you

Sing

Don?t be reckless with other people?s hearts, don?t put up with
people who are reckless with yours.

Floss

Don?t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you?re ahead, sometimes
you?re behind?the race is long, and in the end, it?s only with
yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you
succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch

Don?t feel guilty if you don?t know what you want to do with your
life?the most interesting people I know didn?t know at 22 what they
wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year
olds I know still don?t.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees, you?ll miss them when they?re gone.

Maybe you?ll marry, maybe you won?t, maybe you?ll have children,maybe
you won?t, maybe you?ll divorce at 40, maybe you?ll dance the funky
chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary?what ever you do, don?t
congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either ? your
choices are half chance, so are everybody else?s. Enjoy your body,
use it every way you can?don?t be afraid of it, or what other people
think of it, it?s the greatest instrument you?ll ever
own..

Dance?even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don?t follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents, you never know when they?ll be gone for
good.

Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the
people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you
should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and
lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you
knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live
in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will
philander, you too will get old, and when you do you?ll fantasize
that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were
noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don?t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund,
maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one
might run out.

Don?t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will
look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who
supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of
fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the
ugly parts and recycling it for more than
it?s worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen?"
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Don't sweat it I am 28 have a year left to finish my Social work/phyc degree. being an adult is not all that bad as long as you don't forget one thing. Don't take life to serious, it is OK to be a kid sometime still. You grow old to quick if you forget that.