*walks off in zimmerframe*
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
trust me kid, enjoy it while you are young. the responsibilities of life as zegatto mentioned can be a drag. but at least you can drink it away~sarcasm. ah if only life was that simple again. i'm only 22 and my independence right now,at this point of time, isn't really worth it. i'm part of the working poor, the clase that the weight of america is put on.
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
trust me kid, enjoy it while you are young. the responsibilities of life as zegatto mentioned can be a drag. but at least you can drink it away~sarcasm. ah if only life was that simple again. i'm only 22 and my independence right now,at this point of time, isn't really worth it. i'm part of the working poor, the clase that the weight of america is put on.

Yup. Exactly what he said. Responsibilities get to be a pain. Have fun now while you can. Also, get in all the stupid stuff you can now. You have an excuse if you get caught doing something stupid or wrong - you're a kid!!! That excuse doesn't work when you get older.

You said it looks easy sitting there bagging groceries. Do you really want to be 40 year old bagging groceries? How much do you think that job pays?
i work with a guy who's 40 and bags groceries for a living, he hates his life.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
You said it looks easy sitting there bagging groceries. Do you really want to be 40 year old bagging groceries? How much do you think that job pays?

Acually I think he ment that he was thinking about getting that job soon. You know get some cash in his pocket. Anyway Ryoku, minimum wage here is like $6.45 and you probably won't get more than that bagging groceries. You could try applying to stores in your local mall. That way if get paid minimum wage at least you get a discount on whatever that store sells most of the time. The only reason I haven't done that is because Disney gives you cheap health-care. Then again Sea World gives you an automatic raise every year.
He he... who needs a signature when you got such a cute ass kitty avatar.

I think I'll call him McGuffin
Quote:Originally posted by ArkaidR
The only reason I haven't done that is because Disney gives you cheap health-care. Then again Sea World gives you an automatic raise every year.

That my friend, is being an adult... inexpensive health care versus a little more money an hour... go with the health care... cause when you need it, it's gonna cost you a lot... and if you have good health care and it's inexpensive, you've got it made!! Beats telling the Dr., no, I can't do that test cause it's a $250 deductible and I don't have it... or even better, the Dr. you like is no longer in network, so now it's a $500 deductible or you find another Dr.... cause then it's only a $20 co-payment...

Being an adult as others have said, entails resposibilities... and it is expensive to live... I feel sorry for those trying to get by on minimum wage and trying to support a family, or even themselves with no help from anyone... that's why I won't force my kids out on their own... (22 and 19) Course I would like to see the 22 year old with more than a part time job, like one that had health insurance... sigh.. but the 19 year old has a full time job with health insurance and is going to college which she is paying for herself... she said today when her books were more expensive than she had the money for, that she had to go to college because she couldn't be a cashier the rest of her life... and that is what being an adult is... weighing the options and doing the best you can with what you have... and hoping that it's enough to get by on....

Oh, another note on being an adult... the older you get, the less things work the way they used to when you were young... like your mind, your body... well, you get the idea... *laugh*
Being an adult sucks alot especially when you get into college. Heck you have to balance family life and school life along with money/jobs/friends/people you love on/things you love to do. Nothing sucks more then to think about getting a job and then thinking I got a test tomorrow, I have to write a journal entry for that class, I need more money for gas, I wonder whats going to happen in the next episode of that anime I'm watching and then you think about what in world am I doing tonight when I get home. But hey who ever said life was going to be easy.Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
Being an adult sucks alot especially when you get into college. Heck you have to balance family life and school life along with money/jobs/friends/people you love on/things you love to do. Nothing sucks more then to think about getting a job and then thinking I got a test tomorrow, I have to write a journal entry for that class, I need more money for gas, I wonder whats going to happen in the next episode of that anime I'm watching and then you think about what in world am I doing tonight when I get home. But hey who ever said life was going to be easy.Rolleyes

What he said.

BTW at 14 you can get a job and start making money on your own. Get a paper route or something if you want to know what it's like. Plus that means more anime for you. Big Grin

I didn't get a job until I was almost 18 and had to settle for crap when I did. I'd suggest getting a mcdonalds type job by 16 so by the time you are 18 and may need the money from a better job you can have one. I'm almost 20 now and just starting to make over $7.00 an hour, but when I switch jobs I should be making $10.00. Will have to wait for college to be over before I get to make some big bucks. Smile
I am very scared because I feel that when I grow up, I might not like kids/teenage stuff like anime, video games, and other stuff. I asked this question because I sometimes feel that being an adult is difficult because they have to deal with bills, work, and family. I mean I am a kid but I am miserable. My life kinda sucks because when I want something I have to ask my parents and it is always a NO when I ask. I feel that being an adult is easy because of the money, but i never knew anything about liking your job or dealing with it everyday. I am very scared of growing up and I am scared that I might not succeed. But I guess I have to try my best. I only thought that being adult is just making money and buy stuff. I guess growing up could be harder than it looks.
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
Acually you will still like the things you like now. You see your parents probably like the stuff they watched/listen to/ or did when they were teenagers. Times change... most likely your parents didn't like stuff like anime or video games. But, then again some people are different and try new things. You shouldn't worry about growing up either...live life to the fullest, When you have to get ready for college, get ready for it. No sense in worrying what's to come. Right now you worry about getting some cash, maybe start think about what you want to do for a living later. If my guess is right you're going into the ninth grade. From now on there's no more slacking of in school cause you need good grades for scholarships. If you're lucky you might get a college that's close to your home. then you don't have to pay rent for an apartment. Ooh also, get your permit as soon as possible...procrastination only makes it worse I should know.

Cidien, $10 an hour is nice pay that should keep you happy as long as you buy 'Geat Value' food from Wal-Mart. Both my parents make about that much and were doin fine. God, I love Wal-Mart.:p
He he... who needs a signature when you got such a cute ass kitty avatar.

I think I'll call him McGuffin
Wow... I must be jaded.
I look at $10/hr as basic entry level stuff and won't even touch it most of the time unless I'm hurting for cash. That's part of what getting a good education can do for you.
Before I got fired I was making $37,000/yr which works out to about $17.50/hr. I also had a great health package and an overall good work environment. That company wont even look at a potential employee without some form of completed secondary education.
My wife was actually making more than I was before her company restructured and the jobs she's looking at now make even more than that.

I can remember growing up and my dad was making just barely enough to make ends meet. By the time I was in high school, because he had stuck with his job and continued his education, he was pulling down over $50k/yr and that was in the early 80s.

If you're only aiming for $10/hr, then that's easy to accomplish and all you're going to make.
Start adding up the things you'll want in your life when you move out.
Rent: at least $500/month and up to $1500/month depending on where you live.
Car: anywhere from $200 on up per month depending on how nice a car you want. Look at all those people driving new cars around you and try to figure out how much they cost. Then figure out how much you have to make to afford one of those.
Bill: $250/month depending on what bills you have... cable, telephone, cel phone, water, electricity... the list goes on and on.
Food... clothing... basic maintenance of things...
Oh yeah... fun stuff... you probably want some money for that too.

So for a really basic lifestyle, you're talking about $2000/month or about $12.50/hr.

Continue your education.
Study something with good application like engineering, business, medicine, or law... academic studies are great for personal growth but it's really hard to find a place to apply your Art History degree. Although the skills you get just completing your education will help you immensely no matter what you study. A lot of employers just want to see that you can finish something that isn't required of you.

Besides, you'll meet all sorts of great people when you continue your education and form friendships like no other.

Things do get better as you age.
The worries of adulthood are worth it in the long run.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I'll keep it simple..

Ups = Do whatever whenever however

Downs = BILLS, WORK, LACK OF MONEY

and as I said, I am keeping it simple.Wink

I like it more than being a teen. Now everyone can truly fuck themselves and I don't have to worry about anything unless I want too. By the way, I have my first permanent Gray Hair!!! I just noticed it today!!!! I had a few for real when I was in High school from tons of stress. But now I actually have one that stayed! Never noticed it before caus e I keep my hair short and spiked!Wink Wink Wink
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
I am very scared because I feel that when I grow up, I might not like kids/teenage stuff like anime, video games, and other stuff. I asked this question because I sometimes feel that being an adult is difficult because they have to deal with bills, work, and family. I mean I am a kid but I am miserable. My life kinda sucks because when I want something I have to ask my parents and it is always a NO when I ask. I feel that being an adult is easy because of the money, but i never knew anything about liking your job or dealing with it everyday. I am very scared of growing up and I am scared that I might not succeed. But I guess I have to try my best. I only thought that being adult is just making money and buy stuff. I guess growing up could be harder than it looks.

There's no need for you to be scared. It will be worse if you are. I gave you the idea that my life is really easy and I have to admit that it is but then again I had a pretty tough childhood so I always look at things in a positive way. Also I see my life now as a compensation for the bad times. But you know, with age comes greater responsability and for now you're free of that.
What Zagatto said is very important. Get a good education! I could have chosen a different degree, one that I liked better, but I knew that with a History or a Journalism degree I'd never earn the same amount of cash I will with a Computer Engenieering degree. You have to be pragmatic but you don't need to be afraid. Besides you're only 14 so you can still take it easy. For now you can still enjoy having no responsabilities.
Oh, and if your parents don't give you the things you want then you could really get a job. Just so you can get enough cash to by your personal things like anime or video games.
Also, don't forget that being a grown up has its compensations. Wink
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I love being an adult. Being a teenager, while fun, sucked big time. The greatest part about being an adult for me was getting married. The whole love thing really sucks in high school because everyone involved is pretty immature about everything. It sucks having crushes on people who may or may not like you and also it sucks not having cash. And to second what Andromeda said, I am WAY more into anime, video games, and other stuff now than when I was a kid because I have money to pay for stuff, a car to go get stuff, credit cards, etc...
Actually I realized that this year I started loving being an adult the most because lots of things just really fell into place for me. When you are still young and renting an apt, newly married maybe, maybe have a kid, that sucks because of the bills and possible debts. Also you are usually floating around from job to job.
I am now in my 3rd year of teaching and I am very happy and comfortable with it. I own my own house and things are good. (knock on wood). But the main part that I still dislike is the lack of people around to hang with. But that is more of an area thing. There used to be a sweet anime club here, but it died out.Sad
Growing up is tough, but if you are willing to work hard at your job, relationships, and etc... then things will all come together and life will be sweet.
I get 20 soon too.
Not so special.

Enjoy Teenhood as long as you can! ^_^

fisch