Customs
Is there any way to know if our packages have been stopped by customs? I think one of my orders may have been as it's been nine business days since it was shipped. Living in North Dakota it generally only takes a few days to receive something from Canada. My last order arrived in three days time. Anyone know?
It's possible... when my stuff gets nabbed by customs for evaluation or processed for customs fees, it is usually 7-10 business days. However, that's going from the US to Canada... which for some reason has always seemed to take longer.

I wouldn't be too worried...
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Thanks r00ster. Wasn't really worried but I am kind of interested to know what's taking so long. Sometimes mail is just slow. =/ Mail from Cali to ND took the full 14 days shipped priority (2-3 day shipping) to get here once. Now that one worried me being from an ebay seller lol.
Customs can be a pain. Heck international shipping can take up to 14 days. A couple of times I thought I got stuff lossed in the mail but it came eventually. I've heard that some people had to wait a whole month before their stuff came.
Once back in the day of VHS anime damn customs opened a package I ordered and watched EVERY tape in the box! How cheeky!
I guess they thought it was pr0n.:p
I order from digital eyes and they take about a month usually. Latest order from end of may is still not even here man.. V_V But then i did choose the cheap shipping option... :o
Poor shipping times can be affected by the local post office workers.
I know that I lived in one of the ritzier neighbourhoods back in Michigan and I always had incredible postal service no matter where in the world it was coming from.

Then I moved to a low rent place not far from my parents and it seemed like the postal carriers would take a day off whenever they felt like it. I would be waiting for something and there would be two days in a row without any mail.

I find the same thing here in Ontario. The classier the neighbourhood, the better the postal service.

As for customs, those guys are usually a bit more on the straight and narrow with regards to the rules. There is the occasional bad egg that holds things up but for the most part things don't get stuck there too long.

Cidien, given your history of poor service from your local post office, I wouldn't be surprised to find that your local service has a major slacker working there and occasionally packages get pushed aside just because he doesn't want to deal with them.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
with me it depends on who's shiping it and how it's shiped, from IA it can take up to 2 weeks, but from cjv only 2 days. it just depends.
I like CJV but they are so much more expensive then the rest. Fast shipping and friendly. I live in a very nice place, but out postwoman sucks. She's left things on our step before that were supposed to be signed for... She's kind of stupid. Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
Poor shipping times can be affected by the local post office workers.
I know that I lived in one of the ritzier neighbourhoods back in Michigan and I always had incredible postal service no matter where in the world it was coming from.

Then I moved to a low rent place not far from my parents and it seemed like the postal carriers would take a day off whenever they felt like it. I would be waiting for something and there would be two days in a row without any mail.

I find the same thing here in Ontario. The classier the neighbourhood, the better the postal service.

As for customs, those guys are usually a bit more on the straight and narrow with regards to the rules. There is the occasional bad egg that holds things up but for the most part things don't get stuck there too long.

Cidien, given your history of poor service from your local post office, I wouldn't be surprised to find that your local service has a major slacker working there and occasionally packages get pushed aside just because he doesn't want to deal with them.

Zagatto.. Hey man I live in Michigan too.. And was born in Ontario Canada... Moved to Michigan when I was 4. That's crazy where did you used to live?? I know how the mail can be here. Especially now that I moved to a condo in a suclusive part that gets horrible cell phone service *battling getting out of my contract now* Don't ever support T-Mobile.. The only reason they can give you more for your money is because their service and towers suck :mad: Cool
I was born in Newberry, Michigan which is a very small town in the UP but I moved to East Lansing by the time I was 7... since 1996 though I've lived here in Hamilton, Ontario.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
So why did you move to Canada anyways? The snow? The crazy people? See a moose you really like?
Yeah the local postal service can add on another few days too. Sometimes mine saves my packages up and makes one single run when they feel like it. V_V
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I was born in Newberry, Michigan which is a very small town in the UP but I moved to East Lansing by the time I was 7... since 1996 though I've lived here in Hamilton, Ontario.

I have lived in Saline, Grand Blanc, and now currently reside in Canton/Plymouth Township... About 45 mins from lansing. 30 mins from detroit. 20 ish minutes from Ann Arbor.

I was actually born in Tiny Township, Ontario Canada, *LOL* right on the border of Midland, hospital was on the line of Tiny Township, hah.

Lived in Tillsonburg a shit hole town till I was 4 then moved to Michigan.. Don't know if you know where Tillsonburg is, Hour away from london or so, 40 minutes prob to Woodstock.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F/x is losing a customer buffgod 47 16,811 07-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Last Post: mocoto
  Customs Advice Owozifa 12 5,017 03-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Last Post: ouijaouija
  New Customer Feral 20 7,347 01-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  Custom Avatar! Gireihei 18 6,921 01-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Shinn Asuka
  Tracking and American Customs Question gfanikf 4 1,982 12-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Last Post: gfanikf
  When will customs get their own hentai?!? Steve_the_Talking_Pie 10 4,442 06-04-2003, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Vicious
  Does Canada Custom always tax every anime ordering from US? neoEIN 9 4,713 03-18-2003, 11:41 PM
Last Post: kakoi_sugoi_yama