Subtitles and Captions - The Difference!
This is something that's always bothered me, but recently have read many reviews on this site, I have to clarify this for everyone.

Subtitles, at least on anime DVDs, are usually NOT the same as captions! Many people think that subtitles are supposed to be exactly the same as what the english dub is saying, but in actuality subtitles attempt to accurately translate (and put into context) the Japanese dub track. If anything, I consider subtitles that are identical to the English dub track as signs of shitty subtitling effort (unless the English dub uses the Japanese subtitles as a script, which is rare). What you guys are looking for are captions, NOT subtitles. Got it?

So STOP reviewing subtitles in anime sets badly just because the english subtitles doesn't correspond to the English dub. It's NOT supposed to. The subs are there so those who choose to enjoy the Japanese dub track, such as myself, can follow along using the subtitles, which translate the Japanese track.

The issue of 'dubtitles' (the more familiar term) being some people's idea of 'perfect' subs is nothing new. I tend to ignore reviewers that have this opinion unless there is some reasoning behind it.
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
i've notice that some animes have both subs and dubtitles.
I don't care for elitests (they prefer to be called purists) attitudes towards dubtitles. I care about understanding rather than the "deeper" meaning that so many people put so much stock into. Understand is understand, nuff said.
What reviews are these? Yeah dubtitles SUCK and I hate them... Totoro has been plagued by them... In the Fruits Basket FX reviews I had to post a quick review to tell the dumbasses that the subs 'fit the dub so perfectly they're great' because they had on the dubtitles even though the subs were there too...