$hitty Trades Thread
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
it's mail fraud when he's supposed to send me the packages and he doesn't after 4 weeks. Take a look at the dates. THe package was delivered on the 17th of January, and he didn't send the packages to me till the 13th february. Yes, that constitutes mail fraud, if I were not to threaten him with legal action. Second, the tracking number slip was at my house and I was at school (a good 140 miles away). Why don't you take your opinions and shove them up your ass and stop being a fucking troll. I've got the 3rd or 4th highest amount of good trades at this site, so you have no right to attack me!

:confused:

Oh, and isn't there something in there about it having to be 30 days before you can take legal action? It seems like he sent the DVDs in time. You don't have to threaten people with legal action if they inconvenience you. Just warn others about the poor trade and stay away from that user in the future.
Quote:Originally posted by rotpank
My side of story.

First of all He(SideSwipe) emailed me on Wed, 28 April 2004

"Noticed you bumped the thread yesterday, it is still available? If so, i'll take it. Just need to deposit the funds into my bank account and then transfer through paypal. How much total was it again?

Then I replied: Wed, 28 April 2004

"Yes it is still available. Total will be US$230. Shipping is Free by Canada Post XPRESSPOST with a tracking number.

He replied: Wed, 28 April 2004

"Alright, i'll deposit the money asap, and let you know."

I replied: Wed, 28 April 2004

"Ok. I'll reserve the DBZ Part 1-12 for you. Done. My Paypal ID: XXXXX or if you prefer me to send you a "Request Money" form, just let me know. Anyway email me whenever you are ready. Thanks."

----------
1 Week has gone and he did not even give me any news at all. He told me he would deposit the money to his Paypal acc asap. I take it as 2-3 days when he said "ASAP". He also failed to let me know regarding of the latest status of his side so I took it as "Lost of interest". Since there are few people interested in buying the DBZ set, so I sold it.
Also about the past dealing with him; broken gatefolds? scratched disc? What the ...All of my discs are First Hand bought.(NO SCRACTHES OR BROKEN GATEFOLDS WHEN I SENT) He never even inform me of such things. IF he did not like it he should at least inform me which he never mention at all after he received the past discs from me. SideSwipe should not trying to find excuses to put me in the spot just because of this matter.
I always packed with greater care. Bought the supply directly from Canada Post with bubble wrap. He Paypal me without even notifying me at all. But I refunded him the money right away.

There is no trade involve at all so I don't think this is the appropriate thread for this matter. Since a week without any news at all from him, I regard him as drop out from the deal/not interested anymore. Also I did "UPDATED" in my Trade thread saying the DBZ set is "SOLD". So he did not even bother to take a look at all.

This is a simple case of lack of communication.

Hope this information can give a deeper insight of this case. Thanks for your time.

Rotpank.

He is right on one note, there is no trade involved, I stated that at the beggining that the entire point of this thread was just to warn others. Now onto the rest...

"First of all He(SideSwipe) emailed me on Wed, 28 April 2004

"Noticed you bumped the thread yesterday, it is still available? If so, i'll take it. Just need to deposit the funds into my bank account and then transfer through paypal. How much total was it again?" "

Correct. Anyone that uses paypal knows that transferring funds into your account from the bank takes 3-4 business days (doesnt count weekends), so either way, right there stated that I wasnt going to be paying him instantly. Now I admit not getting the money in my account last week was a mistake on my part, however I made up for it by instead sending him a direct E-Check (which is instant payment of funds through paypal from my bank account) so I could speed up the process. I just don't understand soomeone who clearly stated they would reserve an item for me ( a particularly expensive item, that took me time to get money for) that would only wait "2-3 days" before they just went and sold it to someone else. Its very impolite to say the least. Sure I paypaled you without notifying you, I was under the impression that you weren't this fricking impatient. And true you did refund me at least, however now the funds are frozen for 3-4 business days, so I can't access them, causing even more time to be wasted by you.

On past dealings, oh don't try to play that game "I buy all my stuff first hand" blah blah, the set I bought from you had gone through 2 other traders, I know because I attempted to get it from both of them, but was always one step behind heh. I talked with both of the previous owners and they had mentioned a few problems with the discs, but that doesn't explain why I wasn't imformed before purchasing.... Clearly there was something wrong in the first place, you just neglected to mention it to me. I did email you about it, but you never replied........ so I just cut my losses, I mean its not the first time ive recieved a scratched disc, normally im fine with it, as long as im aware of it beforehand.

And Im supposed to check a thread that you edited, but didnt bump it was on the second page somewhere, to be aware that you dicked me over and sold the set to someone else? C'mon you're just trying to cover your ass now, you did something wrong and can't admit it. I just find it totally unacceptable that I went to all this trouble to buy something that was supposedly reserved for mine, to find out that my actions were all for naught.
-SideSwipe
Quote:Originally posted by BobDoleX
Oh, and isn't there something in there about it having to be 30 days before you can take legal action? It seems like he sent the DVDs in time. You don't have to threaten people with legal action if they inconvenience you. Just warn others about the poor trade and stay away from that user in the future.

hey douche bag, it WAS 30 days (31 in fact), considering the package was postmarked the THIRTEENTH of January. It was only delivered on the 17th. And a month wait is far more of an inconvenience. Now, like I said before, SHUT THE FUCK UP you fuckwad. You have been nothing but a boon to this site since you arrived. Just shut the fuck up and go away!
Bob...why do you have to quote Kak when that post was made 3 mths ago and try to flame it up?

Oh.....by the way, there's another complaint form which 'victims of internet fraud' could utilize.

http://www.ic3.gov/

This goes straight to the FBI. I guess it's more effective than mail fraud coz sometimes mail fraud isn't really effective.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
hey douche bag, it WAS 30 days (31 in fact), considering the package was postmarked the THIRTEENTH of January. It was only delivered on the 17th. And a month wait is far more of an inconvenience. Now, like I said before, SHUT THE FUCK UP you fuckwad. You have been nothing but a boon to this site since you arrived. Just shut the fuck up and go away!

Listen, I don't know what your problem is, but I'm just trying to point out to you and others that threatening legal action isn't always the best option. Also, the USPS and the FBI could care less if someone ships something to you late. Do you honestly think they would take the time to deal with such a trivial issue?

I'm not trying to attack you, but I just think that people shouldn't overreact when trading with others. Taking a relaxed, ethical approach to problems will always yield a better solution.
Quote:Originally posted by BobDoleX
Listen, I don't know what your problem is, but I'm just trying to point out to you and others that threatening legal action isn't always the best option. Also, the USPS and the FBI could care less if someone ships something to you late. Do you honestly think they would take the time to deal with such a trivial issue?

I'm not trying to attack you, but I just think that people shouldn't overreact when trading with others. Taking a relaxed, ethical approach to problems will always yield a better solution.

No, a month IS a long time to wait. Just about all trades are supposed to be made at the same time, or within 1 or 2 days from each other. When your trader doesn't trade a package at the same time, lies to you about sending a package out, and then doesn't do anything until I tell them I'm going to threaten legal action, you are dealing with a bad trader! When you have a trader that sends the same day, or nearly, provides the tracking number at the same time as you and receives the package at the same time, you are dealing with a good trader. I don't know what trades you are used to, but everyone here will agree with me that waiting a month for a trader to send items after you is a long wait and a BAD wait. So, as I said before, take your stupid opinions and shove em!
Whoah!!!!!! I'm gone to for a few hours and I come back to see arguments everywhere. Let's chime in with my 2 cents. Not that anyone asked . . . but I'll offer anyways. Cool

The sideswipe/rotpank thing is too hard to figure out. It's a he said/she said type of deal. Where if you weren't there, it's too hard to figure out what really went on and whose actually correct. So I'm staying away from that one.

As for the BobDole/Kakomu thing, I'm with Japschin on that one. It's been over for almost 3 months. Let it rest. No point in bringing it up now. Therefore, the rest of it is a moot point as far as I'm concerned.
i've kinda having problems with getting my stuff from hellmage i've already given his stuff a long time ago but i've been waiting awhile about three months for my stuff its cause i'm a nice guy but i haven't heard anything since abount a month ago i've sent an e-mail today to remind him so i'll see how it goes the next few days
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection
take a peek and buy something ^-^
it seems good now
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection
take a peek and buy something ^-^
Well it's nice to see that with all the activity that goes on here, that relatively there aren't a lot of people ripping others off.
yowsers, I feel the love in this room. I just hope my deals don't go bad.
Hate to have to bring this thread back to life...

Sent Nanbara a Paypal payment for a DVD back on September 25th... paying for Global Priority shipping to Canada (never -ever- takes more than 1-3 weeks for one DVD). Didn't get it after 4 weeks, so asked what was up, and got this response:

"Originally Posted by Nanbara
omg im so sorry i completely forgot to send it, ive had it sitting here for a while now. Ill send it first thing in the morning priority"

It's now been almost another 4 weeks, so I PM'd again 5 days ago... and there has been zero response. Nothing, nada, zip.

It's too late to file a Paypal claim (7 weeks is well past the 31 day limit on Paypal for claims)... so all I can do is post in here. *is very annoyed*

I severely expect a full refund if it doesn't show in another week... no one should have to wait 8 weeks for a single DVD that just has to go from the US to Canada via Priority mail.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
A, did you pay via bank a/c? Call your bank and tell them to reverse the charges. Most bank has a limit of 2 months, at least my bank does. If via CC, call the CC company, usually, abt 4 mths limit for a dispute. Since it's non-delivery of merchandise, CC company will reverse the charges immediately.

I won't bother waiting anymore. I usually wait max 2 weeks, if the item doesn't show up and the other party can't show proof that he sent, GPM or regular airmail (I would want a scan of the receipt since no tracking #) takes the same time to Canada, 5-7 days, I'll file a dispute already.
Japschin Wrote:A, did you pay via bank a/c? Call your bank and tell them to reverse the charges. Most bank has a limit of 2 months, at least my bank does. If via CC, call the CC company, usually, abt 4 mths limit for a dispute. Since it's non-delivery of merchandise, CC company will reverse the charges immediately.

I won't bother waiting anymore. I usually wait max 2 weeks, if the item doesn't show up and the other party can't show proof that he sent, GPM or regular airmail (I would want a scan of the receipt since no tracking #) takes the same time to Canada, 5-7 days, I'll file a dispute already.
Thanks, I'll call my CC issuer and see if I'm covered for a reversal.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
r00ster Wrote:Thanks, I'll call my CC issuer and see if I'm covered for a reversal.

r00ster, can you goto your paypal account and retrieve NANBARA's info?

post it up here, his phone #, address and all.

Big Grin

CC reversal will have paypal canceling your account forever. [they don't like it]

It is a recourse, but take it into consideration that you most likely won't ever be able to use paypal.

They lose $, you forfeit the right to paypal, but if you write them of your reasonable of your intent, [bank CC reversal] I'm sure they can do something and apply pressure to Nanbara [whatever his name is]
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]