music
One thing that eats me alive is the fact that Blink 182 actually claims to be punk.
Good Charlotte on the other hand did the whole "We're punk thing." Then when a bunch of punks blasted them, they turned around & said. "We're not punk, Punk is the kind of music we play. Please stop judging us."
And Little Things (which I personaly feel is about the size of their man hoods) is all about all the times they tired to be preps, but because no one wanted them still when they tired 5 billion times to be cool they decided that they'd just make money off of not being cool.
And GC claims Minor Threat as being music that has infulenced them...uh, last time I listened to Minor Threat they sounded nothing like GC...at all. Which then again it has been about 3-4 years & I do tend to confuse some bands :confused:

Anyways: Point being I agree with you guys, that's right I'm selling out I'm conforming:eek: :eek: ...(sorry I've got to laugh at that.)
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
cake is more like folk rock(you can't really describe them). i have all of thier cd's.
the misfits are definately bad ass, with danzig at least.
no your right batz kage GC definately doesn't sound like minor threat. it seems almost as if they said that to seem that they are really punk.
they have no clue what punk is.

Quote:originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
Some one give a clear definition of punk. I'm just interested.

i think punk was more of a mentality and a additude that was part of the music and the fans, and i think it has been lost over the pasts 30 years.
i believe that same mentality has been reborn with hardcore( bands like converge, dillenger escape plan, the locusts so on a so forth) fu*k shit up. i didn't answer your question one bit.
Listen to minor threat the one true punk band.
I think Sound Gardens "The A-Sides" is the best Album in the world. I have favorite bands and all but for greatest abum ever it would have to be that one. Too bad it's a greatest hits and not an "actual" Album.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Just bought the new Less than Jake cd and Moblize from Anti-Flag. Both really good cd's
yeah DO, sound garden are class, still think spoonman is their best
with the power of sound garden and rage against the machine combined
you get Audio Slave, but i prefer the two bands on thier own.
My top 3 Bands...

1) In Flames
2) Iron Maiden
3) Anal Cunt (I can say that right?)
Love, Gruce
Listening to Snow Patrol l8ly there so good.
Oh I forgot...My fave Sound Garden song is Burden in My Hand.Cool
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
its no spoonman
i listen to ne thing thats played on 93.1
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..
Well the music I listen to is everything but rap I really will listen to everything except a lot of rap..I can barely get thorugh one song of rap... but my fav band for right now is evanescence and anything having to do with rock.......
This thread is like a month old.
I listen to What Most Would Call Underground Rap but the Name Underground and Being a Fake Rap Artist are Widley Missunderstood!!!
alot of these Artist are True Artists that produce write and do all aspects of their Lp's alot are well known for being the most iinvative and musicly talented in the HipHop era!!! (Not all Are Classified as underground but most are)

Lord Finesse
Diamond D
O.C.
Rza
Gza
A.G.
ShowBiz
BiG-L
Large Professor
Sadat X
Grand Puba
Afu Ra
Jeru the Damaja
Masta Killa
Krs-One
Raekwon
Shyheim
GhostFace Killah
Pr Terrorist
Killa Sin
9th Prince
La the Darkman
Hell Razah
Barretta 9
McGruff
Muro
Premo
Nine
Slick Rick

alot of these Artist Speak on Many Different aspects of Life and All Have Substence to Teach the Listener's Along with Superior Skills of Writing and Flow. just thoughtd id drop a couple lines because alot of the rap people see on tv's are diminshing and giving real hiphop a bad name not to mention lack of skill and creativity!!!

Peace
McGill
You can Tell i was in Japan and you know by now this would be a thread i would have desimated with posts

you guys think you know PUNK! pah dont make me laugh!

if you are gonna talk about true punk bands you gotta go to its Origins!
The UK in the late 70's then moving to the rest of the world!
To know a genre, first know the roots! or shut the hell up!

The Clash
the Sex Pistols
The Ramones
The Damned
The Saints

to name but a few! and from there influences was inspired the 100's of punk variations from pop punk to hardcore (not to mention emoWink )

PS Blinkered i am and proud to admit it! Travis is a drumming idol of mine
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! I need to find this Music Video! Ka-Talliya 3 2,680 08-10-2006, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Ka-Talliya
  Where can i buy HK music CD's cheap ? puzzleguy 6 3,881 07-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Last Post: puzzleguy
  any good download site for jaapanese music ? puzzleguy 3 2,736 07-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Blight
  music to my ears. JunkieJoe 3 2,584 06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Ranmafan
  Hisaishi music on napster psychooys 12 6,217 06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Last Post: psychooys
  Music Question Ryo of Inferno 4 2,899 01-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Last Post: j2raymond
  The last music you bought. Blight 35 11,200 11-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Gemini
  cool music video Mantis421 4 2,235 08-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Mantis421
  Music Video Question Mantis421 8 3,858 08-21-2005, 07:30 PM