F/x is losing a customer
So far I'm very pleased with FX. Some of the discs of my GTO set don't work on my laptop's dvd player but they play perfectly well on my PS2 (one of the most recent ones), on my PC's dvd player and on my boyfriend's brother cheap dvd player. That also happens with some of the discs of my Ranma 1/2 part 2 set. I think that's probably what happens to some people here. They complain that their discs aren't working but it's more about the dvd player than about the discs. By the way, this is not just bootleg problem, I have some R1 dvds that do the exact same thing.

About what Vicious was saying, that you get what you paid for, I think we need to remember that the HK sets low price is also due to the fact that they rip the R1 sets and therefore don't have to pay for legal rights, dubbing, etc. That's why the HK sets are so cheap.
I have GTO vol. 1 (r1) and compared it to my HK set and didn't notice any difference at all, the video quality, subtitles, etc, everything was exactly the same.
GTO, Chobits, & The Inuyasha Movies [fx releases] from my experience had those washed out horizontal lines. For all the stuff you get and at the price, you can't complain when the bargain quality is... uhh... washed out. Ya get what you paid for~ Rolleyes

Can't havém all gents... Sad
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]
Quote:Originally posted by Andromeda18_
They complain that their discs aren't working but it's more about the dvd player than about the discs.

Not really true as I sometimes might get one disc out of like a 3 disc set that doesnt work but others do... Its down to the cheap dvds they use and some bad manufacturing in the factory...
my fx sets are my most prized possesions ,never had any problems with them!!!!!
jagan:did you have a nice dream?
I keep wondering if the HK companies even notice the quality on their dvds. I mean do the consumers in Hong Kong even complain about the quality of the dvds or they don't care at all. :confused:
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
Well as most people here, I love my FX sets especially those limited editions. the latest releases had their problems and the video quality is going down but the price still rocks. I just bought Samurai Deeper Kyo R1 and I almost went crazy with the price. I just hope FX starts paying more attention to the video quality and not just to the profits.:o
After reading these posts, I would agree to almost everyone of your guys' points. I too have been noticing some video quality downfall in FXs dvd releases but what people say about the bootlegs are true. Bootlegs will be bootlegs. I just go with something cheaper rather than paying like $60 to about maybe $120 dollars for R1 boxsets. These days, companies jack their customers by putting so little amount of episodes on dvd, making them add more dvds to the collection for a pretty high price (ADVFilms for example) If yer a person who saves or wants to save money, you know what I mean.

I go with both sides about the dvds being the problem and the dvd players being the problem. I have seen dvd players play these bootlegs better than some but there are times where it is the dvds themselves that are the problem. Still, this would mean that FX is kinda getting lazy and needs to shape up. I've also been noticing that FX isn't doing well with distributing episodes evenly on dvds like they used to. For example, the recently released inuyasha set 3 has an uneven dvd episode set of 9-6-3? This DEFINETLY brings down the quality on the first dvd set because of compression on the dvd.

Personally, FX is doing fine but as of recently, their products, quality-wise, is gradually slipping downward. I would like to see improvement on their part. I like the FX sets I have but what will truly have me love FX is if they release an Angelic Layer Perfect DVD set that is pretty much excellent quality. But like everyone says, bootlegs are bootlegs. Can't really complain. Never have your hopes too high. For now, I'm rooting for MAC because their sets have been almost flawless. If you have the money, go for R1 boxsets. I mean though, most people would want an alternative that saves money and is just as good rite? It is all up on the very person who wants the anime, YOU.
For those turning to Mac... of course it is the natural alternative but just be aware they are not flawless either and often the flaming disk does not fit in the holder and disks just will not work on players as well but all in all the error margin seems lower.
im new to hks ive purchased 2 fx sets and 1 MI
neon genesis i just recieved it is a FX set and im very very pleased with v/a quality and the box art just tops it off whata set and im expecting no less from the cowboy bebop set that i bought from fx also which is in the mailing process but lets see how the MI V gundam set stacks up even with the age difference in the show but theyve all been given great reviews!! maybe just read some reviews and talk in the forum before buying that what i did and so far so good!!!
ROCK ON FX!!!
With the exception of the "remastered" Record of Lodoss War" 2-disc set, every FX set i own is flawed. And its not due to DVD players. The worst was the Gundam 0083 perfect set. Complete crap. Ofcourse they came out with a remastered set of that too (months later).

Stick with MAC/ACMAC. Unlike FX, when their sets say perfect, thats exactly what they are. Hell, even when the sets dont say perfect, they still are -check out "Now & Then, Here & There" for proof of that.

As for the guy who said the disc don't fit in the holder -YOU need i new player.
I think he ment the gatefold locks... I have had an MAC set like that were you feel the damn disc is gonna brake because it doesnt come out...
If thats what he meant, then I have to agree with you both on that point. But would you buy an inferior quality DVD set because its easier to remove from its package?
Quote:Stick with MAC/ACMAC. Unlike FX, when their sets say perfect, thats exactly what they are. Hell, even when the sets dont say perfect, they still are -check out "Now & Then, Here & There" for proof of that.

Whether or not they say perfect on them is really of little substance, alot of the disks say no copy or something similar... who in their right mind is really gonna believe it? ie... talk is cheap, hk dvds is literally a case of "believe it when you see it".

I am not saying FX is perfect but merely wish to point out that Mac has many problems themselves to represent a fair picture so ppl don't think that switching to Mac is suddenly gonna solve all their problems.
I've had three bad MAC discs now, so they have issues too. Although I've had more FX.
?»?æ?©?ºF
?Î?©?Ì?D
when u guys talk about bad sets are u talkin about just bad sets by fx or just a manufactoring screw up???