F/x is losing a customer
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Fuck you. It's reasoning like that that makes progress come to a halt.

Can't agree with you on this one. After everything is said and done, they are bootlegs. You're paying a fraction of the price that an R1 costs. And despite what anyone wants to believe, the statement - You get what you pay for - is true. You can't pay for cubic zirconias and expect to get the sparkle of diamonds in return.

What progress would you be referring to? The progress of getting better at stealing other peoples property? I seriously doubt his comments or anyone elses are gonna get in the way of the progress of crime.
Quote:Originally posted by Nox3020
, these more expensive Toshiba, Koss, Sony, etc. are so damn expensive at times they can't even play a normal R1 DVD properly.

I fail to see the logical reasoning behind how when a dvd player hits a certain retail price it magically becomes unable to play dvd's. Surely that would hamper the sale of such things?

I guess those folks at sony haven't got anything better to do with their billions of dollars worth of R&R than to ship plastic boxes with mark up prices. Rolleyes
[Image: Pink.gif]
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
What progress would you be referring to?

well, if we were to just bend over and accept bad boots, that more or less says to the companies "hey, we don't mind your shitty quality". If we tell them that they suck and they need to shape up and not buy shitty releases, that says something to them...especially in the case of FX where all tools are readily available, they're just lazy.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkKnightBob
I fail to see the logical reasoning behind how when a dvd player hits a certain retail price it magically becomes unable to play dvd's. Surely that would hamper the sale of such things?

I guess those folks at sony haven't got anything better to do with their [b]billions
of dollars worth of R&R than to ship plastic boxes with mark up prices. Rolleyes [/B]

you mean R&D?
Well then, maybe we SHOULD create a sticky thread containing a continuously updated list of players that are able to play FX discs relatively well, as well as which to avoid. Being an owner of a Toshiba standalone, I'm finding FX discs to be quite poor in video quality at times. I find MAC discs to be more consistent bitrates, which often produce better results.

Another possible reason for this could be the matter of different standards and expectations. For example, many people consider me quite picky, and say that they don't notice any pixelations problem, even though they're looking at the same screen I am (the ignorant bastards!). This means that there are people with low standards of what is considered 'good', and it's those people that usually say that FX discs are 'perfect' in video quality.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
I find MAC discs to be more consistent bitrates, which often produce better results.

By Consistent, do you mean that the bitrate is constantly at the same level form second to second, or that the bitrate is similar from set to set?
well, if we were to just bend over and accept bad boots, that more or less says to the companies "hey, we don't mind your shitty quality". If we tell them that they suck and they need to shape up and not buy shitty releases, that says something to them...especially in the case of FX where all tools are readily available, they're just lazy.

You can complain about it if you want. But at the same time, you shouldn't really be too surprised when this happens. It comes with the territory.

Also, I'm not sure how much good complaining would do anyways. The HK companies already know that their prices are lower than the R1's, and that if you had truly cared about the quality in the 1st place, you would have gone that route initially. They know they have leverage and that their only real competition is other HK companies.
As far as I'm concern, you get what you pay for. To me, these HKs are just previews or bought for others to keep their hands off my R1s. If I like them, I buy the R1s.
I'll only bitch when the HK dvds won't play at all, since this way, I have no way of finding out whether I like the series or not.
Whether it pixels like hell or not, I don't care. I could either sell them or trade them. If nobody wants them, i'll just dump them.
FX just seems to release new releases faster than MAC. I get to watch the series first on FX. If I want to wait, I'll wait for the 'generally better quality' MAC releases. However, I don't have the patience to wait till "God knows when" MAC/MI releases the same releases as FX.
Quote:Originally posted by r00ster
I love my FX sets... I'd have sex with my Inu Yasha and s.CRY.ed FX box sets if they weren't inanimate objects. Plus, my girlfriend already gives me a hard enough time about my anime addiction without me bringing the DVDs to bed with me.

Heheh, finally some comic relief.
Quote:Originally posted by Jiro Komyoji
Heheh, finally some comic relief.

What, you thought I was joking? Wink
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
have alot fo fx sets, have 0 problems with them, don't have Yu-Yu hakusho, always arrived mint condition and playable on Apex, Panasonic and all my computer DVD drives, never had an issue.
[Image: crimnew3.jpg]
Only issues I've encountered with FX sets, were with Rurouni Kenshin OVA set, and Descendants of Darkness. Both sets had issues loading in my Sony DVD player, and my PC's DVD-rom. All of these cds loaded perfectly, however, in my cheapo, junky Malata.. and my Sony PS2.. so I'm not too worried. I think they used different media on these sets that a couple of my players had issues with.

Other than that, I have no complaints with FX... and'll continue to buy their sets over others when available.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Can I go back to the first post and say how the hell can you call a set that only has dubtitles perfect? I fucking hate dubtitles and have been cursed by them on my quest for a decent version of Totoro. I wouldn't knowingly buy a set that only had dubtitles there is no point...

As for the argument about you get what you pay for i'm kinda inbetween... You cant say "No more FX" cuz you get a few bad sets when you're saving so much money by buying bootlegs anyway but you can't sit there shouting about not buying no more bootlegs without even emailing the manufacturer or something and telling them... Doing nothing isn't going to make sets get better quality...
Quote:Originally posted by gubi-gubi
Doing nothing isn't going to make sets get better quality...

True. But only telling us about it isn't going to make them get better either. Whoever is dissatisfied needs to let Flora know. I would like to know how many people that have been complaining about this issue have actually made an attempt to reach Flora and let him know? If you cna figure out how to reach him that is.
you mean R&D?

not if you say it in a stereotypical japanese accent

"Research hand Revelopment" :p
[Image: Pink.gif]