Romance Anime............
Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
Does anybody here like Fushigi Yugi. I think the romance in Fushigi Yugi and Ayashi No Ceres are very deep romance. I might check out Maison Ikkoku. Plus also DNANGEL has a little bit of romance in it.

Maison Ikkoku is significantly less melodrama than FY/ANC. Plus, slow relationship development spans over 90+ episodes. Patience is required in watching Maison Ikkokku.
I am glad a few people mentioned Onegai Teacher. In other sites when the romance anime topic shows up no one mentions it, and I really liked it. Love Hina was better though.
Ranma 1/2 was my first anime series so I am a bit partial to it. I am interested in Maison Ikkoku (i didn't have time to check the spelling) simply because Rumiko Takahashi created it.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
Quote:Originally posted by gohan32
I am glad a few people mentioned Onegai Teacher. In other sites when the romance anime topic shows up no one mentions it, and I really liked it. Love Hina was better though.
Ranma 1/2 was my first anime series so I am a bit partial to it. I am interested in Maison Ikkoku (i didn't have time to check the spelling) simply because Rumiko Takahashi created it.

I am glad someone else is recognizing Love Hina. I tought it was excellent. And I was surprised to see some people didn't like it as a romance comedy.. what else is it? The climax of it consists of relationship tension.. sounds like romance to me.

And about Rumiko Takahashi, she is awesome! Everything I've read or seen of her work, I thought was excellent. She is a very good story teller with a great imagination Big Grin.
Does anybody here like Fushigi Yugi. I think the romance in Fushigi Yugi and Ayashi No Ceres are very deep romance. I might check out Maison Ikkoku. Plus also DNANGEL has a little bit of romance in it.

The problem wih Fushigi Yugi is that I'm not sure if it qualifies as romance comedy. since all the comedy is basically gone after the 1st 10 or so episodes. FY is more of a tragedy IMO than comedy.

I did really like Ranma and You're Under Arrest, but didn't mention them earlier, because I thought they were action comedy and not romance comedy.
I thought Fushigi Yugi was a really good romance. I mean, at the second part of the series. The romance started to kick in. But I agree with u Vicious, I think Fushigi Yugi isn't really a good romance, but it has a great plot and good characters.
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
I wasn't saying that FY does not have romance elements in it. I was just saying it's more tragedy and drama than comedy since the comedy is almost non-existent after the 1st part of the series.
I'm sorry i thought u meant something else. sry about that

~Ryoku Slayer~
touch and h2 have already been mentioned but they are really good:)
other titles i love:

kimagure orange road
tenshi na konamaiki
full metal panic
kare kano (manga)
Dna²
Futari ecchi
Love hina (manga)
onegai teacher
Hand Maid mai
psychic academy (manga)
Mahoromatic
Midori (mang)
Ichigo 100%(manga)
OMG(manga)
in my opinion the ultamate Romance anime interms of its literally got every type of romance has to be

MARMALADE BOY!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I think Kare Kano is the best of all. The manga is also SUPER!

~Ryoku Slayer~
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
in my opinion the ultamate Romance anime interms of its literally got every type of romance has to be
MARMALADE BOY!

sure mamelade boy is good , but it' too bad that the manga was only perfect during vol 1-5 ( or was it 1 to 4 ?) , the anime is far from being bad but it can't be compared to the manga . The anime is highly recommended if u started by the manga and need more .
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I agree totally. there is no competition. I actually think Love Hina is crap in comparison to Maison Ikkoku.

200% agree
Love Hina is one of the best! I love the Spring movie/ christmas movie. It is kinda funny because some how I like to watch shoujo more than shonen anime. I mean Shonen Anime is cool and everything but i like to watch more shoujo than shonen. :confused:

love hina isn't a shoujo anime. romantic isn't equivalent of shoujo (aimed at girls). actually it isn't very hard to understand that a harem anime is targeting boys instead of girls.

maison ikkoku, orange road, ah my goddess, video girl ai are all adaptations of shounen mangas.
i recommened :
Ayashi no Ceres(romance-sceince fiction)fantastic
DNA^2(comedy-romance-sceince fiction)fabulace
Chobits(comedy-romance-sceince fiction)excellent
Fushigi Yuugi(comedy-romance-fantasy)the best
Hana Yori Dango(comedy-romance-school)my favorite
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne(magic-romance)good
His and Her Circumstances(comedy-romance-school)very good(the ending:mad: )
Maison Ikkoku(comedy-romance)Rumiko Takahashi,what can I say more
Sailor Moon the first season(magic-romance-comedy)the greatest magical girl
Urusei Yatsura(comedy-romance)the best of the best ,also Rumiko Takahashi
Vision of Escaflowne(romance-fantasy) great story and character
Everyone already named my favs. Persoanlly I put DNA^2, Video Girl Ai, Sakura Diaries and Rumiko Takahashi's stuff on the top of my romance list. I dispise Love Hina cause you never know the ending in essence to it and well the comedy is sub-par after watching twice. The RPG episode is the funniest though. I try to stay away from it incase it is some deep stuff cause otherwise then it is just not interesting. I got the same high expectations for other genres. Just my 2 cents.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Romancer - anime? Cidien 4 2,370 10-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Ryujin