Romance Anime............
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
Romance anime? Haven't seen alot... I have Steel Angel Kurumi (talked about above).. another along the lines of that is Mahoromatic. I loved Mahoromatic! I just got season 2 haven't opened it yet though...

What I liked about the little bit of what I saw of X was that it seemed very deep. I liked it, I'll have that in mind for the next time I order from here... which will be a while cause I still have a lot of unwatched anime.

Get X TV series it's good and deep. It's directed by guess who, Yoshiaki Kawajiri his directed also Wicked City, Program in Animatrix, Ninja Scroll the movie and Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust this guy knows how to direct action scenes very well.Cool
Quote:Originally posted by ZODDGUTS
Get X TV series it's good and deep. It's directed by guess who, Yoshiaki Kawajiri his directed also Wicked City, Program in Animatrix, Ninja Scroll the movie and Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust this guy knows how to direct action scenes very well.Cool

Don't forget he did Demon City Shinjuku too. And make sure you watch X-1999 the Movie before the X TV Series, atleast I would.
Has any of you seen Pretear? It is the most amazing magical girls animes out there Smile . It is very cool and kind of romantic.
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
Maison Ikkoku, the greatest love story ever drawn, nuff said.

Honorable mentions: Video Girl Ai, Oh My Goddess, and probably my most favorite anime: Whisper of the Heart.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
Maison Ikkoku, the greatest love story ever drawn, nuff said.

I agree totally. there is no competition. I actually think Love Hina is crap in comparison to Maison Ikkoku.

Romance Comedy is one of my favorite genres although alot of the newer romantic comedies are kinda weak when it comes to storyline. Some other ones that you should watch are Airbats, Kimagure Orange Road, Oh my Goddess, sakura diaries, Tenchi Universe, and of course Steel Angel Kurumi.
Even though I have all of Tenchi.. I really am not a fan of those series.
i don't really think love hina is a romance series if you take away the x'mas special. its more action and comedy IMO, i love it though

other good romance included: dna^2, video girl ai (the manga is awesome), ah my goddess, escaflowne, hand maid may, onegai teacher, karekano, and FLCL (i think theres good romance in it)
I don't really think Love Hina could be anything but a comedy/romance.

Most of the plot revolves around the relationship of Keitarou and Naru with comedy and action thrown in to keep the series vibrant and lively (the thing I find most lacking in straight romance titles).

I was never able to get into any of the Tenchi animations. I tried watching the first 6 episodes of Tenchi Muyo and just didn't connect with it at all. What exactly is the appeal of the series? Is it just the characters?
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
Love Hina is harem; one guy, lots of girls, light and not too serious, at the end all the girls fall in love with the guy

I've seen too much romance stuff.

One show I really want to check out is Hana Yori Dango, I've seen the 1st DVD and really liked it but can't find the other DVDs in my city.

Fruits Basket was an excellent series but it seemed more about friendship than romance.

Ai Yori I do not care about, the 1st few episodes of the 1st series were great but it goes downhill and turns into a harem series after that. I like harem series but the beginning of Ai Yori Aoshi made me expect a more serious show focusing on Aoi and Kaoru's relationship. The 2nd series was even worse that I didnt finished it and don't know if I ever will.

Kare Kano I liked alot except for the craptacular ending.

I think Maison Ikkoku is probable one of the, if not the best romance series out there.

Also like to mention I''s manga, there isn't a good anime adaption of it but it's one of my all time favorite manga.
Is Maison Ikkoku good? I have never seen it.

~Ryoku Slayer~
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I agree totally. there is no competition. I actually think Love Hina is crap in comparison to Maison Ikkoku.

Romance Comedy is one of my favorite genres although alot of the newer romantic comedies are kinda weak when it comes to storyline. Some other ones that you should watch are Airbats, Kimagure Orange Road, Oh my Goddess, sakura diaries, Tenchi Universe, and of course Steel Angel Kurumi.

Have you heard that their making a Oh my Goddess tv series. Hopefully it ends up being good.
Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
Is Maison Ikkoku good? I have never seen it.

It's very good, especailly if you like romance comedies.

and yeah, I heard about OMG. Hopefully it's true and it doesn't end up taking forever.
Maison Ikkoku
Kimagure Orange Road
You're Under Arrest
Ranma 1/2
Touch
H2
Tenchi Muyo

One that many don't know anything about is Ultramaniac. I can send a review of it, but is on a different site. Smile
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Candy Candy is the mother of all romance animes. Were there ever been any other romantic animes that were more popular all over the world, especially in Europe?
Does anybody here like Fushigi Yugi. I think the romance in Fushigi Yugi and Ayashi No Ceres are very deep romance. I might check out Maison Ikkoku. Plus also DNANGEL has a little bit of romance in it.

~Ryoku Slayer~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Romancer - anime? Cidien 4 2,370 10-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Ryujin