Rurouni Kenshin
I just finished watching the first five episodes of the Kyoto Arc... it's my second time watching it (first time was on Cartoon Network), but it seems all the more powerful this time around. The desicions being made and the drama of everything happening is great... I believe it is the best part of Kenshin. I haven't seen the tales of the Meiji yet, but I am quite content with this series.

It's times like these that I am reminded, it's not just animation, but a way to tell magnificant stories. That's why I like anime.
keep in mind that I think cartoon network tuned down alot of the kenshin epsoides to I saw the cartoon network version and I think the dvd is much better to for some reason even though the only probblem with kenshin is they could have ended it alot sooner then draging it on to 95 epsoides
oh i forgot to mention they did the same with inuyasha in the fan subs he swears all the time they did some major editing on cartoon network
from what ive experienced some fan subs take liberties with swear words, and from what ive seen of the R1 inuyasha theres next to no swearing in it (although im not sure if it was an uncut version)
see you space cowboy...
Quote:Originally posted by spawn
keep in mind that I think cartoon network tuned down alot of the kenshin epsoides to I saw the cartoon network version and I think the dvd is much better to for some reason even though the only probblem with kenshin is they could have ended it alot sooner then draging it on to 95 epsoides

They did tone it down alot. I am glad I finally can see what they did from the original version. It makes the experience better to watch it uncut... untamperd, it's good.
Rurouni Kenshin isn't my favorite, but then again I don't have a favorite anime. Aside from talking about Kenshin, I thought I could ask why do you like anime? I titled this thread Rurouni Kenshin because this reminded me of why I liked anime (see my first post). Though any anime does...
one word high school girls I am a pervert what can i say LOL
I'm into anime for the wonderfully rich stories.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
I'm into anime for the wonderfully rich stories.

Exactly. I watch anime for the stuff you don't see very often on normal tv. Japanese imagination seems to stretch much further than us western folks. I like science fiction and violence/action and horror which are big themes in alot of animes. I am starting to enjoy some of the comedy animes but the romantic shows I won't ever watch. If I want romance I will watch real people on tv.
Boobies.

EDIT: I actually like story, animation, characters, action, etc. I also like making jokes.
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
Awesome responses! I knew I should have named the thread differently. Oh well... to late now.

It is true western cartoons don't even come close to the power of anime shows. They are more commonly used to be funny and don't go that deep. Some don't even have story continuation. Anime is above this it is more realistic and it tells a story that can be as good as some films! It's a wonderful thing.

PS. I like the ecchi's too. Big Grin
Western animation is usually funnier though.

Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, The Critic.

I rest my case.
Quote:Originally posted by ElVaquero
Western animation is usually funnier though.

Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, The Critic.

I rest my case.

GTO, Goldenboy, Azumanga Daioh.

You better open that case back up.
Yes, those are all funny, but not as funny as any of those shows I mentioned. There is no contest.
I don't know about that. Goldenboy and Azumanga Daioh were pretty hilarious.

But the thing is that alot of the cultural humor is lost on us. there's even more anime out there that's funnier, but we won't understand alot of the jokes and references. So in that sense, I guess the American stuff would be funnier. Actually, there is one show that you have left out that tops all in terms of comedy. I will not give in on this until you mention THAT show!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rurouni Kenshin Boxset simmdogg1 19 11,412 10-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Last Post: simmdogg1
  rurouni kenshin mrbeefyeggroll 2 1,556 06-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  rurouni kenshin cyberloach 10 4,742 06-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Last Post: cyberloach
  What Rurouni Kenshin set should I get? topcello 18 10,316 05-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Last Post: rarnom
  Question about MAC's Rurouni Kenshin OVA & Movie Ultimate Collection RF_InSAnE 4 2,852 03-30-2005, 04:09 AM
Last Post: RF_InSAnE
  The 'Rurouni Kenshin' / 'One Piece' connection? dmr456 1 2,610 03-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Robojack
  Rurouni kenshin limited edition boxset ~kirika~ 2 3,163 11-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Ryujin
  Rurouni Kenshin TV box sets ouijaouija 6 3,048 09-06-2004, 02:20 AM
Last Post: ouijaouija
  audio sync, japanese track, rurouni kenshin marka 7 3,470 05-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Robojack
  Rurouni Kenshin Sets cabed21 18 6,742 04-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Vicious