Rurouni Kenshin Boxset
Hi,

I know we all enjoy our HK set, but I couldn't pass up on this. There is a new Complete Rurouni Kenshin Boxset for sale. Here is the description:

Preorder only tenth anniversary DVD box set of legendary anime series "Rurouni Kenshin"! Includes all 94 episodes of the TV series, one special episode, both OVAs, and the official theatrical feature. This special package features specially designed paulownia wood box, special features DVD, specially-made remix CD for a total of 22 DVDs and CDs plus deluxe booklet, anime illustration collection, and reverse-blade sakabato-design letter-opener (all subject to change).

Here is a link to it: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANZB-3011

I know it's super expensive but well worth it.

Simmdogg1
Dude are you smacked!?!..... Thats freaking EXPENSIVE!! Stick with the damn HK or better yet look on Ebay, NOT WORTH IT in my opinion..:eek: :mad: Do you know how many HK titles you could buy for that!? A stupid amount man. What would I do with this money is blow some on anime and crap and put ALOT of it in the bank dude or something better bills, gas money etc..(<REAL stuff more or less lol) Sorry If you think I am ranking on you man, but thats a lot of money which could actually be going to something more worth while.

Take it easy and please read what I said.

Thanks,

The Jar Man
Yeah, big bucks indeed, but who's to say that it won't become some ultra-valuable collector's item? If it's just for your own viewing pleasure, the FX set is decent, although it doesn't stack up to the R1's, which are actually pretty reasonable in their new incarnation. I''m sick enough to own the deluxe box sets, but the animation is not really the calling card for this series. If you gotta, gotta, gotta have it, you may be able to bird-dog it used on Amazon after it's intial release. Good luck.
Lmao what does "bird-dog it" mean? I freaking love that!
Even though it's over $600, it's still considered reasonable for 3 seasons of anime in Japan.

Don't you remember the Japanese Limited Edition of Advent Children costed almost $400?
I know it's expensive, but look at the Dragonboxes, they were only for Pre-Order, and now you can only get them used at over $800 (except the Movies). I see this set being a high collector's item.
Has anyone ever seen examples of dvd box sets reaching higher prices later on? I haven't seen one really that would make you think of investing in one.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Has anyone ever seen examples of dvd box sets reaching higher prices later on? I haven't seen one really that would make you think of investing in one.

None, not even CDs, VHS Tapes, Cassettes, etc.

The only media that I've seen go up in value is the original unopened Final Fantasy VII for PSX. Last time I checked, it was selling on eBay for over $400.....

Looks like an unopened FFVII is already losing it's value too....
Click Me
j2raymond Wrote:Yeah, big bucks indeed, but who's to say that it won't become some ultra-valuable collector's item?

It only matters that it's an ultra-valuable collector's item if one's thinking of selling it and if one's thinking of selling it then why buy such an expensive (and cool) edition in the first place? If it's to get rid of it eventually, might as well buy a cheaper version.
Anyway, Psygnius is right, it's not that expensive by Japanese standards. Not when your average 10-12 episode tv series box set costs $150-$200 and your average anime box set costs much more than that.
I understand why Simmdogg1 feels like buying it, even if it doesn't have English subtitles (I bought the Special Edition of Nana the movie and it has no subs at all). However, $675 is a lot of money, you can travel abroad with that kind of money (my trip to Egypt cost about $750, it included everything and I stayed in a 5 star hotel and 5 star cruise ship. A trip to Greece that year was even cheaper.), which is probably what I would do with it.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:It only matters that it's an ultra-valuable collector's item if one's thinking of selling it and if one's thinking of selling it then why buy such an expensive (and cool) edition in the first place? If it's to get rid of it eventually, might as well buy a cheaper version.
Anyway, Psygnius is right, it's not that expensive by Japanese standards. Not when your average 10-12 episode tv series box set costs $150-$200 and your average anime box set costs much more than that.
I understand why Psygnius feels like buying it, even if it doesn't have English subtitles (I bought the Special Edition of Nana the movie and it has no subs at all). However, $675 is a lot of money, you can travel abroad with that kind of money (my trip to Egypt cost about $750, it included everything and I stayed in a 5 star hotel and 5 star cruise ship. A trip to Greece that year was even cheaper.), which is probably what I would do with it.

I wanted to buy it? :confused:

Wink
Psygnius Wrote:I wanted to buy it? :confused:

Wink

Oh, sorry! My mistake! :o :p
We are not in Japan.. That crap is expensive... One of you guys did bring up a good point though. Is this to sell it again or actually keep it?

Thanks guys,

The Jar Man
For $675 I better be getting a damn full size replica reverse blade sword.
I have all 5 Dragonboxes, and they have easily went between 800-1000 a piece (except the movies). I see this box doing the same. I could easily make a good profit off of them. I think this boxset will do the same. I agree it's a lot of money, but if you could 1000 off of it would you?
A Dragonbox now costs more than $800 but how much did you pay for them? Those $800-$1000 aren't all profit, are they?
Just look at it like this, the bootleg edition of Kenshin costs about $84 (on IA), the OVAs+movie edition costs $14, that's a total of $98. That's $577 cheaper than the edition you're thinking of buying. If you're thinking of selling it later on, you'd better make a profit of at least $577 or it's not worth it. This edition is only worth buying if you actually want to keep it because you like it, or if you can make a profit of more than $577.

By the way, according to the wikipedia
Quote:The first Dragonbox was released in Japan on March 19, 2003. It was NTSC region 2 encoded at a price of 100,000 yen, which according to XE.com[1], comes out to $869.92 or £460.85 (as of 8/3/06).

The first Dragon Box on release cost around $900, and this price was used for every Dragonbox up to the GT series box.

You said that
simmdogg1 Wrote:they were only for Pre-Order, and now you can only get them used at over $800 (except the Movies)
There's either some sort of mistake here or they're not much more expensive now than they were when they were released.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rurouni kenshin limited edition boxset ~kirika~ 2 3,048 11-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Ryujin