I just sold my xbox
k , i dont agree wiv you. some old games are cool but i prefer new one without a doubt .

And bout the graphics, when the ps2 came out i didnt think they would be beat, but when i seen the xbox's graphics it ripped em silly. Again when halo came out i nidnt think it wud be beat but now loads of games on the xbox have better graphics, like take Otogi there graphics are polished. And with games like halo 2 and half life 2 the graphics look amaizing, so if they can get bettter there then i dont doubt the xbox team. I believe the graphics will be outstanding, but i can only wait so on well.
Quote:Originally posted by fahad17
k , i dont agree wiv you. some old games are cool but i prefer new one without a doubt .

And bout the graphics, when the ps2 came out i didnt think they would be beat, but when i seen the xbox's graphics it ripped em silly. Again when halo came out i nidnt think it wud be beat but now loads of games on the xbox have better graphics, like take Otogi there graphics are polished. And with games like halo 2 and half life 2 the graphics look amaizing, so if they can get bettter there then i dont doubt the xbox team. I believe the graphics will be outstanding, but i can only wait so on well.

Actually the Graphics are NOT that much better.. they may have finer nicetys and such in them.. but really a Ps2 can almost do what a Xbox can do IF the developers could properly program for it.. the Ps2 is the hardest system to properly program for out of the 3 systems out today.. Gaming companys can make them basically equal on all three systems.. look at Soul Caliber.. it looked the same on all the systems.. They are basically IMHO all even.. the only thing that makes one better then the other is what games are being out on it.. hehe but you and i have gone round and round with the xbox before.. but i say this as a whole scene between all the systems.. if you wanna say then the PS3 will probably blow the 4 G5 processors away with its Cell CPU
well we have been through this bfore, but the thing wiv programing i just think thats an excuse the only reason y soul calibre is nearly the same cos its a beat em upp there no wide spread gaming areas to play in. its all in one box. good game tho, and at the end of the day the games show what they can do, and if they find it hard thats their prob i just car weaht they play and look like. if they can be better do it.

ps3 sounds alright ill have to wait and see, but again i wud want to se better games on it aswell.
ok, i got to say one thing.... everyone is blind as a flipping bat if they think SC2 looked the same on each console. Ive seen the SC2 GC and XBOX version (seen PS2 vid but i wont count it). Im not sure how much a difference NTSC and PAL make to games (PAL is better of the two if you are interested) the xbox looked a hell of a lot better(tested on same tv). if i could, although i cant find the article i would show you the main reasons why. its all to do with the gpu, graphics is mostly to do with the hardware if i remember.
dude, are you on about splinter cell 2 , cos thats only out for xbox now well in a week.
SC2 = soul caliber 2. if your post was directed at me...
no i was just saying beat em ups have good graphics cos there confined to small areas nothing wide spread.
you know otogi which i think you mentioned earlier would actually kill most computers because of the amount of particle effects.

Fahad
what connection you got?
as you in the uk feel like swapping some anime over msn or something?
yeah otogi is really good, i have a 125kb connection. But i dont have much anime on my laptop i have ghost in the shell, grave of the fire flies, akira, and spirited away. But the rest is on dvds. I also have all the south park episodes tho.
Quote:Originally posted by Metier9
ok, i got to say one thing.... everyone is blind as a flipping bat if they think SC2 looked the same on each console. Ive seen the SC2 GC and XBOX version (seen PS2 vid but i wont count it). Im not sure how much a difference NTSC and PAL make to games (PAL is better of the two if you are interested) the xbox looked a hell of a lot better(tested on same tv). if i could, although i cant find the article i would show you the main reasons why. its all to do with the gpu, graphics is mostly to do with the hardware if i remember.

Well i do know that PAL are better because they don't have to sustain as high framerate for the TV"s.. but on my systems Xbox and GC on my Sony Wega TV they looked the Same.. though i am using a Digital Out on my GC and not my Xbox.. if that makes any difference. Also i really couldn't stand playing SC2 on my Xbox i didn't like how the controls where setup.. For some reason i liked teh GC's much better.. Also with GPU there is more with them.. like GC has much more extensions for doing stuff easier.. GC will generally always have better lighting effects in there games because they have some nice programming extensions to there graphics card for it.. and all the Xbox has is a GPU thats inbetween a Geforce2 and Geforce 3.. and also they gave Microsoft the MCPX for the motherboard..
by the way on the other hand Iraq dont suck its whats in it that dose. And what its become
http://www.gamespot.com/gshw/stories/new...59,00.html
Quote:Originally posted by fahad17
by the way on the other hand Iraq dont suck its whats in it that dose. And what its become

Btw no offense you don't know what you are talking about.. I was there for 3 months.. It does suck there.. And it will become better then it was.. Its easier to destroy something then it is to create something.. And sorry but i don't really wanna hear no ones opinions on it.. I don't care weither the war was justified or not.. i am in the Militayr and i do what my Commander in Chief (President Bush) orders me to do..
Quote:Originally posted by Metier9
http://www.gamespot.com/gshw/stories/new...59,00.html

Yes i knew that.. thats why i said its between a 2 and 3.. because Geforce 3 was basiclaly based loosely on the Xbox Graphics chip.. (Xbox Graphics chip is also why ATI took the lead because Nvidia put so much time into developing it instead of there desktop line)
I aggree that the gaming industry will have a down fall soon because games are not as innovative as they used to be. Developers are focusing to much attention on follow-ups or clones instead of taken the road less traveled. I bet if companys came out with a wide array of new game play the gaming industry would further prosper. In affect to this redundancy in the gaming world, gamers are becoming less concerned with quality... If gamers buy poor quality games there is no incentive for a developer to go above and beyond if the gamer is willing to settle for second best. If gamers keep doing this, we'll hardly see good games just some cloned slop of yesterday... it will be at that point the gaming industry will crash. In order to save them selves they have to focus on new and quality game play, this is my opinion anyway. I am learning programing currently and I know how hard it is to come up with new ideas that work, but it is possible.

I read the article "Life after the Video Game Crash", and I don't aggree with his points of the crash. He is very opinionated, but I don't think the video game crash will be a result of graphics. I've already stated how I think the industry will crash, I just hope something is done about it.