I just sold my xbox
Wow, thanks alot (I can hook up a system to my computer screen).

Actually, I still think the XBox sucks gaming wise. Using an XBox as a computer would be cool, but I'm just going to get a new computer.
the only problem with the Xbox is there is only Windows CE or Linux for operating systems on it.. there is no method to boot a WinXP or anything on it.. Also me personally i don't like the xbox because there is no games that interest me(well one.. Ninja Gaidan).. that i can't get on the other systems.. the only reason i like the xbox is "exploiting" microsoft's buisness model at selling them so cheap.. that i can use it for a x86 computer because that is all it is..
I think the Xbox is a pretty good machine although, like all the other consoles, it has its flaws.

Speaking from a UK/European perspective there is one thing for which Microsoft has to be applauded: Xbox LIVE. To get something like this up and running successfully in our region is quite an achievement.
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
just as soon as someone says that they dislike the Xbox because they hate microsoft it's just about the stupidest reasoning possible. It's like saying I hate the gamecube, because I prefer Nvidia video cards to ATI cards.

On top of that, look at sony. Every bit as large and evil as Microsoft (if at least more so). just as many unscrupulous acts.

Lastly, anyone who uses "M$" or "Micro$oft" looks like fucking idiot. I may have been drunk when I wrote my first post, that doesn't make it any less valid.

Bill Gates is my Daddy
I wuv him...
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
There are good points about M$. I like the fact that they did bring online gaming to the mainstream. But on the other point I don't care for there business moves. Like buying the company that created Halo and the holding them back from letting halo loose on the PC market to further "X-box Live" sells in places like the UK. But what ever I use XP and not Apple.

On that note Schultz "Ninja Gaidan" is off the chain, hook, or ______ insert adj in blank.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
Like buying the company that created Halo and the holding them back from letting halo loose on the PC market to further "X-box Live" sells in places like the UK.

Mac owners were probably the most pissed off about the MS take-over.
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
hay, i think oposite to Schultz i think xbox is the best console because there arnt many games on other consoles that i like except tekken and maybe the FF series. I like loads of xbox games and they are complimented by the machines graphics.
perfect to me

although xbox 2 dosnt seen to be looking so good. I read somewhere they wernt gona a harddrive but were talking with a ferm who made memory cards upto 48 Gb!!! stupid
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
There are good points about M$. I like the fact that they did bring online gaming to the mainstream. But on the other point I don't care for there business moves. Like buying the company that created Halo and the holding them back from letting halo loose on the PC market to further "X-box Live" sells in places like the UK. But what ever I use XP and not Apple.

On that note Schultz "Ninja Gaidan" is off the chain, hook, or ______ insert adj in blank.

Allright one Morg.. Online gaming has BEEN there for a long long time before Microsoft even tried it.. And truthfully its not going as hot as they would want it.. they are estimating (hoping) like 2 million subscribers by end of 2005.. Guess what.. there are alot more systems out there then this.. Its not as popular as you think.. wish i could find that article about why a guy thinks the gaming industry is going to collapse like it did in the early 80's

And yes Xbox2/Next what ever you want to call it won't have a Internal Harddrive.. and yes they have signed a deal with a memory outfit.. they also have signed a Deal with IBM to provide them with G5 power PC processors note the Xbox2/Next will have 4 Power PC processors.. will have a ATI graphics card and Developers have already been giving there SDK system so they can run it on Macs for development with a modified WinNT kernal to run on macs.. ;o)
good one for xbox 2 then, graphics get even better, i cant wait to see the graphics, there'll be amaizing.

Anyway this is gona be the year of the xbox, with games like

Halo 2 (.I..............CANT..............WAIT.........)
Ninja Gaiden
BC
Jade Empire (one of my favs cant wait)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Half Life 2
Driv3r
Sudeki
DOA online
Project Breakdown (looks cool)
Unreal 2: the awakening ( that will boost live sales cant wait)
Otogi 2 ( simply amaizing sound and graphics)
Fable
True Fantasy live Online

what compotion
Quote:Originally posted by fahad17
good one for xbox 2 then, graphics get even better, i cant wait to see the graphics, there'll be amaizing.

Actually you are wrong here.. the graphics have hit a pleateu in the gaming Industry.. If you look at games like madden and such.. they arn't saying better graphics or such.. Well they did say the newer one actually has arm hairs.. that was the big improvement persay.. Games we are playing now arn't much different then we where 7 years ago with graphic wise.. unlike well hell i just found the artcle he explains everything else better which i am basically pulling my opinions on.. because i agree with him..
http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/crash.html
Quote:Games we are playing now arn't much different then we where 7 years ago with graphic wise..

what the hell, what exactally dose that mean graphic wise...
what the hell, what exactally dose that mean graphic wise...

Read the article i posted a link.. Compared to changes back in the 80's they haven't improved much in the last 7 years.. just read that article it says everything 3 times better then i can.. also my earlier figures on Live and ONline gaming are wrong.. read the article for actual numbers..
O and don't get me wrong i am talking about all consoles.. not just the xbox..
i mean
Xbox = IBM CPU, ATI GPU
PS3 = IBM CPU, ATI GPU
GC2 = IBM CPU, ATI GPU..
Ibm and ATI are providing the cpu's and graphics cards for all 3 systems.. Pretty bad when 2 companys know what all 3 gaming companys are up to..
k so i read it, but im not bothered by how graphics were, but what they are going to be, too me the better the graphics the better rteh game becomes, i can no longer play games with crap squary graphics it jsut annoys me. And still cant wait to se xbox twos graphics.
k so i read it, but im not bothered by how graphics were, but what they are going to be, too me the better the graphics the better rteh game becomes, i can no longer play games with crap squary graphics it jsut annoys me. And still cant wait to se xbox twos graphics.

But thats the thing.. THEY won't be much better then the current graphics out today.. they may refine them a little bit more.. but they won't be radical changes like they have been in the past.. and to me i find myself more going back and loading my emulators to play old games.. because they actually have reply value compared to new games that you play them once solve them and are done with them.. nothing more to them..