Junkie Joe....
Quote:Originally posted by AnimeInMe
...I am always right .

You let me know whe you wake up from that little fantasy of yours. Rolleyes
Dude I am always right, it's like calling the sky blue. ANYWAY back to the REAL discussion at hand does some people here have th e low down on cheap wallscrolls, remember at least under 14 with no high shipping charges?!?!?!?
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
wondered what? if he's making a profit? That's obvious. that's the goal of any business. If you're losing money, you shouldn't be in business.

I thought this was an interesting point to discuss. Just to point it out the strangeness of this argument. When was the last time Amazon.com made a profit? Answer: Never
They are still operating at a net loss, but their stock is still in high demand. There are a huge number of other big companies that never made a profit. Commons sense isn't always so common after all.
ya tell me about it
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection
take a peek and buy something ^-^
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
I thought this was an interesting point to discuss. Just to point it out the strangeness of this argument. When was the last time Amazon.com made a profit? Answer: Never
They are still operating at a net loss, but their stock is still in high demand. There are a huge number of other big companies that never made a profit. Commons sense isn't always so common after all.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think amazon has been on of the few, if not only online shop (of legal goodsWink ) that's been making net profits (and nice ones to) for about two years now.

And welcome to AnimeInMe who seems to fit in fine with all the other charrecters we have here.

Ohh, and here's a link from one of our more recent HK vs. R1 discussions so you get JJ's point in why it was locked: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...eadid=1814 We pissed steve of pretty bad in this thread and he was one of the people who know ALOT about anime and always could help with questions. After this he doesn't hang arround much anymore.
By God this Thread is PURE ENTERTAINMENT!!!

i wont get involved but Entertain me Peops

ENTERTAIN
Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
...I am always right. AND HAVE YET TO PROVE IT!!!

Big Grin Wink Smile :eek: :p
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101

They can't be losing money. They have to be making a profit somewhere. whether it be off banners and advertising or something. I can see a business losing money in the short term, but if they're consistently losing money, they will not stay in business. There is no reason for them to stay in business and continue to lose money. That is just simply bad business.
Awhh thanks for the link elco...It pains me I wasnt able to talk in that thread...Boy I would have gotten to piss people off...shucks...
Oh and Vicious, for your reply a looooooooooong time ago, when you were all "wondering what, profit blah blah" (Yes I know I can use the quote thing but I am too lazy), I wasn't asking if you were wondering if he made a profit, just wondering where and EXACTLY how much he paid for the stuff he sells. I mean considering most of us ARE cheap bastards we must think the same on some levels right? :p
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
I am a librarian by day....and a pederast by night...

Just testing the quote thing out....
I have no idea what you're talking about anymore. I could really care less about something that was or was not quoted days ago. Aren't you the one who earlier in this thread said somehting about "how that conversation was over 3 days ago" or something to that affect? so why are you going against what you yourself said?

Dude that convo was over like 3 posts ago, now we are discussing

Found it. That's your exact words. At least try and follow your own advice . . . Rolleyes
Dude I am always right, it's like calling the sky blue.

*Snort* Let's all look at the FAQ that was written up by me many a year ago.

http://import-anime.com/forums/showthrea...eadid=2560

5. Respect is earned, not freely given

8. Anything that comes out of an administrator?s mouth is gospel

12. I?m always right

15. I?m also smarter and more knowledgeable than you

18. Oh, and also better looking than you

Enjoy. ;)
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
They can't be losing money. They have to be making a profit somewhere. whether it be off banners and advertising or something. I can see a business losing money in the short term, but if they're consistently losing money, they will not stay in business. There is no reason for them to stay in business and continue to lose money. That is just simply bad business.

Amazing as it may seem Amazon only posted its first annual profit in January 2004: http://www.bizreport.com/print.php?art_id=6052
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
Amazing as it may seem Amazon only posted its first annual profit in January 2004: http://www.bizreport.com/print.php?art_id=6052

Interesting . . . I still say that they're making back those losses somewhere. Maybe through affiliate links or something. Or them bastards might be skimming off the top like Worldcom and whatever that other company was.