Help a new Convert decide (First post)
Feel free to PM me or send me an email or instant message with any other questions you might have on titles .

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Quote:Originally posted by tconthepc3
Record of lodoss (both) are dull and stupid. The Heroic Knight series has the worst dubbing ive heard so far.

That's why you shouldn't watch them dubbed.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
hey hey another UK person!

hi there i'm posting from Notts Uni!

ahh anime i recommend

Outlaw Star (comes on Toonami)
Wolf rain
Ghibli Movie Collection
Hellsing
Karenkano
Love Hina
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop (comes on Toonami)
X TV
Escaflowne (PS that used to come on Foxkids Uk )
Tekkaman Blade (PS that used to come on Foxkids Uk as Teknoman
ROD
Last Exile
FLCL
RahXephon
I, My, Me Strawberry eggs
Berserk
Masumane Shirow Collection
Ai Yori Aoshi
Azumanga Dahio
Chobits
Dna²
sailor Moon
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Panic
risky safety
Angelic Layer
Hoshi no Koe-The Voices of a Distant Star
Get Backers
Golden Boy
Great Teacher Onizuka
Green Green
GITS SAC
Hack Sign
Naruto
Hand Maid Mai
Himiko den
Mahoromatic
Maison Ikkoku
Nadasico
Onegai Teacher
Psychic Academy
Ranma
Rurouni Kenshin
Saber Marionette
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Steel Angel Kurumi
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Excel saga
You Are Under Arrest
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fushigi Yuugi

Ohhh the list is endless

sorry got carried away
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Thanks a lot for all the recommendations everyone, I've certainly got enough ideas to keep me going for, well, years lol Smile

My Bebop set is on the way as I type, ordered it yesterday. It says 4-10 days. What do yours normally take rav? I'd think it should be here by saturday all going well hopefully.

I'll start replacing my downloaded files with HKDVDs as well as trying out new series, the first ones on the list from recommendations will probably be:
Ghibli Movie Collection
Berserk
Neon Genesis Evangelion

btw, when does GITS SAC start hitting the US on dvd?
Quote:Originally posted by Filmbuffpaul
when does GITS SAC start hitting the US on dvd?

End of June. Amazingly the R2 (UK) release is set for the same time.
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
As essential sets, I highly reccomend Initial D, Outlaw Star, Crest Of The Stars, FLCL, and R.O.D.

Make sure you watch at least half of Trigun before you decide to buy it, my experience was one of great frustration and boredom mounting after the first episode.

Also, watch the movies Metropolis and Akira, they are probably the two most original anime and will expand your idea of what can truly be done with the medium. They are my highest reccomendations.

If you're looking to get into comedy/romance, you have to start with Love Hina. If you don't something might just go wrong and bad things will happen, I assure you. Also, GTO is probably the best comedy I've come across, it doesn't even have the strange crap (romance, magic, etc.) that you have to deal with in most comedies, just straight-shooting, serious comedy. Heh...

Watch the first season of Lupin III (and the movie, Castle Of Cagliostro) but quit after that unless you develop an obsession.

Watch as many of the Studio Ghibli films as you can (save Fireflies, maybe).

You sound exactly like me when I started on anime so many years ago, same frustrations, same american shows.

Here's a website (mine, heh...) which will probably prove incredibly useful for your future ventures, more information than you might want.
http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com/anime.htm
Check it out.
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
Thanks a lot for the link and the advice. Appreciated
Quote:Originally posted by Filmbuffpaul

My Bebop set is on the way as I type, ordered it yesterday. It says 4-10 days. What do yours normally take rav? I'd think it should be here by saturday all going well hopefully.

i normally do my order on fridays and i recieve them by the following Friday (so a week i guess)

Unless Customs nails you, then it takes like 2-3weeks plus stupid tax charges GRRRRRR
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Well my Bebop box and movie arrived on Monday, which was a week indeed rav.

Pretty damn impressive really considering the price, sure there was some pixelation on the action sequences and hyperspace sequences, but thats ok considering there's four hours per disc.

The packaging and everything is really well done, I was rather impressed by it. I'm at episode 22 now (not watched the movie) and there are no problems to report other than one.

On my Pioneer 717 (old first generation one player, but still great) the discs from the series completely freeze on the layer change and I have to skip forward a few seconds to get them going again. This is really annoying on the first disc as the layer change comes right in the middle of the Green Bird song as spike plummets to the floor of the church/cathedral Sad

On my backup player in the living room, Pioneer DV464 (the main one is in my bedroom where the surround system is etc) the layer change is absolutely seamless, no stopping at all which is fantastic.

The movie has the standard pause at the layer change on both players, although a little less pronounced on the one downstairs. So basically, I can watch all but one episode per disc on the main system. Really thats ok by me Smile

Now, what to buy next is the question Big Grin

I want to buy a few movies, but I really can't afford the £15-£20 for most movies. Is Ghost in the Shell and Ninja scroll HKs out of print?
I'll also probably pick up one or two of; Berserk, NGE and Hellsing.

Peace out Smile
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=tit...57&c=&g=72

anyone think its worth the buy for the DTS? (drools)
Hehe..nope, not worth it Tongue
just get Mas Shirow Collection for GITS its pure value for money
considering you get 4 other movies and the boxset only costs $14
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Ok,

I just ordered some stuff *tells credit card to quit whining*

I took the plunge on the Shirow set, thanks for pointing it out rav, I've only seen GITS from that collection, so surely some decent viewing in there. Cool

What I got was:
Masume Shirow Collection FX
Berserk Perfect FX
Vampire Hunter D Collection FX
Battle Royale SE

FLCL was in stock all week and when I went to order it wasnt there, ah he who hesitates does indeed mas*****te. Sad No sign of Hellsing either, oh well next order. Big Grin
that was some good stuff esp BERSERK!

and Mas Shirow Mangas rule... and the Anime adaptations are pretty good aswell to say the least
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
that was some good stuff esp BERSERK!

and Mas Shirow Mangas rule... and the Anime adaptations are pretty good aswell to say the least

How is the Masamune set? There are only 2 reviews and they conflict each other. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this set?