Miyazaki Fans?
2nd disc is probably extras like the R2 version. It says here it also contains Ghiblies 2 which is like a short animated feature on Studio Ghibli I think.

Nausicaa I want on R1 DVD and soon, Whispers of the Heart as well (its not directed by Miyazaki but its Ghibli). French Proco Rosso dub is the best, Jean Reno looks to be a much better fit for Porco than Micheal Keaton
Quote:Fox has a nice dub of Totoro available. I quite enjoy the voice actors they chose for this release.

But I recommend the HK stand-alone version for this one -- it's widescreen with your choice of English or Japanese dubs. The Fox R1 is pan-and-scan, and uses an older print.

Of course, when Disney releases their R1 down the road, there's no guarantee that they won't redub the English track, like they did for Laputa and Porco Rosso.

Quote:does anyone know why the cat returns dvd, which is currently in stock, has 2 discs? the review mentions something about two movies but theres no real mention of what is goin on on the second disc

Quote:2nd disc is probably extras like the R2 version. It says here it also contains Ghiblies 2 which is like a short animated feature on Studio Ghibli I think.

But that's only for the MI version (I think) -- the MAC version only has one disk, which includes Ghiblies 2, but not the other nice extras.

Spirited Away also comes with one or two disks, depending on the manufacturer.

(Sorry -- This Post posted by mistake. I accidentally resent the data.)
I just finished watching The Cat Returns and can't recommend it strongly enough. My wife and I watched it together tonight and we both agree that it has all the magic and wonder that we've come to love from Studio Ghibli.

The second disc is all extras which are not subtitled or translated into English. If you like watching story boards and interviews in Japanese then I say that the second disc is for you.

Both discs are anamorphic releases of the highest quality. Even though you're paying for a second disc that you're not likely to watch, it's worth it just to be able to see the picture this clearly. BTW, I'm talking about the ACMAC release currently in stock.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I just finished watching The Cat Returns and can't recommend it strongly enough. My wife and I watched it together tonight and we both agree that it has all the magic and wonder that we've come to love from Studio Ghibli.

The second disc is all extras which are not subtitled or translated into English. If you like watching story boards and interviews in Japanese then I say that the second disc is for you.

Both discs are anamorphic releases of the highest quality. Even though you're paying for a second disc that you're not likely to watch, it's worth it just to be able to see the picture this clearly. BTW, I'm talking about the ACMAC release currently in stock.

Sweet I just ordered The Cat Returns a few days ago. I can't wait to watch it.Smile
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
does anyone know why the cat returns dvd, which is currently in stock, has 2 discs? the review mentions something about two movies but theres no real mention of what is goin on on the second disc
Sorry for the extremely late reply as you may have noticed I haven't been by here in a while.

The second disc of The Cat Returns is an extras disc but it's all in Japanese so unless you can read/speak it then it's not very entertaining.
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
You might have seen a literal translation. It's Howl's Moving Castle and based on the book of the same title by Diana Wynne Jones.

*Dances about* A movie by one of my favorite filmmakers based on a book by one of my favorite authors? My head explode! :eek:
?»?æ?©?ºF
?Î?©?Ì?D
The only miyazaki film I like anymore is Nausicaa.
Nausicaa of The Valley Of Wind
Porco Rosso

Scheduled Release Date: Aug 31, 2004
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
Nausicaa of The Valley Of Wind
Porco Rosso

Scheduled Release Date: Aug 31, 2004

It got delayed, new tentative release date is now early 2005, sucks bigtime.
I own Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. But I have also seen many of his other moives and loved every one of them.

Kiki's Delivery Service is one of his movies also isnt it??
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-

Kiki's Delivery Service is one of his movies also isnt it??

Yes it is. So is Grave of the fireflies and Totoro.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Yes it is. So is Grave of the fireflies
No, Grave of the Fireflies is by Isao Takahata. It is a Ghibli movie though.

Other Isao Takahata (Ghibli) film's that will be released (tentatively) later this year by Disney are Pom Poko, Only Yesterday and My Neighbors the Yamada's.
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
No, Grave of the Fireflies is by Isao Takahata. It is a Ghibli movie though.

You might be right. It had his style of artwork and storytelling in it and it said Ghibli. So I just figure'd it was him.
I've been a Miyazaki fan since I saw Warriors of the Wind (Nausicca) back in 1984.Watch Sherlock Hound, he directed 6 of the 26 episodes, the other 20 were directed by Studio Ghibli proteges. He also directed some Lupin episodes.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!